Celebrity Air & Times are COMPLETELY WRONG

KellyMcB

Booked my flights with Celebrity Air (through a TA) and when I checked my itinerary when I checked in for my cruise (35 days prior), the AA flight #s are

correct, as is my seat #s, but the TIMES are WAY OFF!  I checked the flight #s with AA directly and the times are what I originally thought they were (and not 

what X has on my docs.  I would have missed my flight if I didn't check this).  I called X Air, talked to a nice lady who checked it & agreed the times were incorrect but continued to tell me she could not change it

or send me new docs.  Instructed me to go to airport - based on AA times, not X times - and I would have no problem boarding my flights.

Has anyone done this, and done it without problem?

Should I be doing something else and not accepting her direction to ignore and go anyway?

Anyone who has prior experience in this issue would be greatly appreciated. 

We noticed the same issue with our flights today. In fact, we subsequently rebooked the flights for other reasons and those new bookings were wrong when they were then posted to our Celebrity account. However, they are correct in our Delta account and match what our Celebrity Air person said they were. So, we're good.

My guess is there is something obviously wrong with the Celebrity website which will hopefully be corrected sometime soon. One can hope anyway ...

You should always check with the airline site as flights are continuing to change.   Never go to the airport without first checking to see if your flight is late or very likely cancelled.   We have flights booked with United for three months and the times have changed four times and counting.   We leave at the end of the month so we are probably going to see more time changes.   American Airlines cancelled 2000 flights yesterday so just hope you will actually have a flight.

• Like 2

I have had the same problem with my cruise that is coming up next week and a cruise I have booked for April. Both of them are booked with celebrity air when I go to the airline site I have the correct times but on my celebrity cruise planner it is the wrong time. I phoned celebrity air about a week ago and they said this has been happening a lot just go by what it says on the airlines. 

• Like 2

Since March 2020 and the start of Covid airlines only set their schedules about 3 months out. Example American Airlines has only set its schedule through March 2022. Any flights in April or forward are probably going to change. 

As a FYI, always download the app of the airline you are travelling. If you have a problem during flight it is the best way to keep up with what is going on  and it will show you the changes in the schedule.

• Like 3

I received an email from Celebrity saying flight times changed, but there was no details in the email. I went into United app and found the changes. I checked the planner and the flights and times were completely different from United app. 

I called Celebrity and they said Planner is wrong and go by United app. I did receive an email later from Celebrity that has flights that match United app.

I would never trust a 3rd party booking sight to have up to date info on flights. 
I always check flights on tge airline site a few days before we are to leave, again when I do online checkin for the flight and again before I head to the airport. 

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I would never trust a 3rd party booking sight to have up to date info on flights. 
I always check flights on tge airline site a few days before we are to leave, again when I do online checkin for the flight and again before I head to the airport. 

We agree. Funny thing is the flights booked and subsequently posted to our Celebrity account today are wrong as well.

What the Celebrity website shows is really off  compared to what the airlines have.  I called and the Flights by Celebrity rep emailed the real flights and times.  He told me that the Celebrity site relies on the airlines but it is often inaccurate???  Can't they fix it.  It is very disturbing when you check the flight and it arrives after the ship has sailed.

• Like 1

Agree with others to keep checking with the airlines.   You can also set up an alert with most.   My flight to FLL in April has been changed 4 times since I originally booked.  Sometimes Flights by Celebrity notifies me other times no.      The last change gave me a 3 hour lay over in Atlanta which was not acceptable.   I called and they were able to change it to a different flight number that corresponded to my original flight time. 

• Like 1

American Airlines has changed over half of its flights last week.  Either canceled or changed times.

Going to the airline website and signing in for text or email notifications is absolutely necessary.   We had a flight recently canceled twice and the airline rescheduled us.  Then two changes in departure times.

The problem using Celebrity Air website is they get the information from the airlines and then must have someone make the change.   American for example had thousands of changes in just one week.  Takes time to do that.  

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 1

My flight times had been showing correctly in my Itinerary on Celebrity and showed correctly on the AA website, but the times on the cruise planner are WAY off now.

Edit: I am sailing on 1/21 and flying on 1/20. I just checked the edocs I was emailed last week and the times are correct. This error on the Celebrity site must be very recent.

Edited by JamieLogical

I changed our cruise date on Thursday along with flights and received confirmation.   I checked the info on Celebrity site and the flights were not even close to what we booked.  I called and the Celebrity Flight person said there was a problem that day with the website but confirmed what I thought I booked.  I looked on Saturday and they were still wrong and then waited 2-1/2 hrs+ to talk to someone at Blue Chip and then hung up.  

I checked with American Airlines and Delta and our reservation shows correctly so I felt better.

Honestly think that, as the recording has said to me so many times, "we appreciate your patience" is getting old and this problem needs to be corrected.  But how would we do that??

I still have an OBC issue and will try to call this week.

• Like 1

Our Celebrity Air flights were changed from the day before to arriving at FLL 2 hours before the ship sailed.  Very not the way we do it.  The only way I found out was that we had kind of decided to cancel and was just checking everything out.  Seeing that sealed our decision.  This was the first time we had used Celebrity air and probably the last.  I just like to be in control of my own destiny and here we did not.  If we had decided to continue with the cruise, I know we could have changed the flights even as we are a week away.  We were flying SEA to FLL and were much more nervous spending 7+ hours on a plane that 11 days on the ship.  

Edited by earlydiner

4 hours ago, earlydiner said:

Our Celebrity Air flights were changed from the day before to arriving at FLL 2 hours before the ship sailed.  Very not the way we do it.  The only way I found out was that we had kind of decided to cancel and was just checking everything out.  Seeing that sealed our decision.  This was the first time we had used Celebrity air and probably the last.  I just like to be in control of my own destiny and here we did not.  If we had decided to continue with the cruise, I know we could have changed the flights even as we are a week away.  We were flying SEA to FLL and were much more nervous spending 7+ hours on a plane that 11 days on the ship.  

Celebrity doesn't have much choice when flights are canceled or changed at the last minute.  They simply book flights,  they are not an airline.  The airline has no idea you are on a cruise.  You are just a passenger to them.  The airline is the one changing the flights.

In this chaotic time - download the airline app and set up text notifications.   And oh yeah, fly in a day or two early.   Passengers are moved to. LATER flights by airlines.  The new flight is not always on the same day.

Celebrity are the link between you and the airline and as such have an obligation to advise you of any changes to your schedule. You shouldn't have to find out by luck. That is why they are organising the package for you and providing a service. They are not doing it for charity as they make $$ on the flights they sell.

• Like 1

Aside from the clearly incorrect times on my cruise planner right now, Celebrity *has* stayed on top of sending emails about actual flight changes. Unfortunately, the flight changes for our upcoming sailing next week really sucked. We booked our flight to FLL for late Thursday night (we sail Friday), so we could work all day Thursday and still fly down the night before. Our flight time was changed to 11:00am. That would have meant missing a full day of work we had not budgeted for. We were able to work with Flights by Celebrity to get that flight changed to a later flight. We will still have to both miss about an hour of work on Thursday.

Unfortunately, our return flight from FLL was also changed to one that wouldn't get us home until 10:50pm on Sunday night and we both have to be at work Monday morning. Flights by Celebrity was unable to get that flight changed, because they were locked into American Airlines and there simply was not a better flight time available. My husband and I ended up booking our own flight directly through Delta for our return so we can get home at 4:40pm instead. We just had to eat the cost, because Flights By Celebrity was going to charge us $200/person to change/cancel  our return flight.

Not to be a cheerleader. But just to say that this is happening often and with many third party bookers, so it's not a celebrity specific issue. When we traveled internationally last September, we booked a ticket via a large online booking agency. When I went to register our bags with the airline is when we found out that the flight had changed from a morning nonstop to an evening one stop flight. The large online booking agency didn't notify us, was unaware of the change, and did nothing to help us fix it. 

Just to clarify for anyone new reading this thread.  You can call Celebrity Air and have them e mail you your air confirmation.

It will have your airline confirmation code.  You can then go to the airline website and review your flight details.  This is what I monitor on a regular basis, just as if I booked the airfare directly with the airline.

• Like 1

We have used Celebrity Air twice before and were very happy with it.  In November, our flight down to FLL was actually changed to an earlier nonstop flight.

Just checked our Feb. flight to FLL and on the planner, it shows that our flight is now scheduled to arrive an hour after the ship is scheduled to depart.

A quick check on the airlines website indicates the flights are still the original ones we booked.

I know its risky flying in the day of departure but we're hoping for the best outcome.

8 hours ago, john1970 said:

Celebrity are the link between you and the airline and as such have an obligation to advise you of any changes to your schedule. You shouldn't have to find out by luck. That is why they are organising the package for you and providing a service. They are not doing it for charity as they make $$ on the flights they sell.

AMEN!!!

Just for reference, our original AA flights have never changed - not time wise or flight #.  So why would Celebrity's check in & their representative give me times that were hours off?  Why can't they change it, both in the app/website or my docs?  As anther poster pointed out, this is their business, they're making money from this, at the very least it should be a priority to fix the problem that so many have encountered.

I am very uncomfortable with the fact that if I go to AA website and enter my info. it tells me I have no future travel records.  If... I my TA uses the record indicator number - he can find it.  WT...?????

I'm sure I'll never find the reason or answer, I'll just have to keep checking, cross my fingers and toes and hope I have no problems.

X Air has great rates that were cost saving but if I'm going to have a problem at the airport (either way) than it's soooo not worth it.  IF it's just a computer glitch, PHEW, I  suppose I can handle that.

I have another cruise booked - European Sept. 2022 - and cruisers are raving about the better rates thru X Air. Why would I give X my Air business?   I'm not sure I'm going to risk it after this (but I haven't even board a plane or a ship yet! ha)

SIgned, 

Cautiously Optimistic 🙂