Caribbean P Jan 9 to Mar 13 live review/updates

Waynetor

3 hours ago, IJustWantToGo36 said:

Thank you for posting

Are SIP and COVER signs outside all clubs?

Last month, they would remind passengers to sip and cover in the theater and places where they had activities (trivia, game shows, etc.) such as the Explorers Lounge and Club Fusion. I never noticed any signs.

13 hours ago, imsailin said:

Could you please tell me if you have to get off the ship in Fort Lauderdale or can you stay on - thanking you in advance for any information 

Seems like your Q got over-looked.  Yes, B2B passengers do have to disembark briefly at US port turn-arounds.  You will receive a letter in stateroom with instructions; you all meet up and go off together to clear US CBP, and then you can re-board.  If you are staying on, you will be back on board before any new passengers come on.

As part of the info you get when doing a B2B is a pass that reads In Transit.  If you want to leave the port you need to take the pass and your passport.  If you do this, you will not be allowed back on until the first new passengers start boarding.  In the terminal you show your intransit pass and then by-pass all the checkin process.

Indoor areas of the ship have signs reminding passengers that mask are required.  In lounges the host will normally mention the sip and cover requirement but most people with a drink are unmasking and not covering between sips.  With the low number of passengers the last 2 weeks people have mostly been well spaced but with this weeks increase in passenger count lounge will often have higher attendance at events.

There is pre-recorded ballroom and latin dance in club Fushion from 5 - 7 most nights.  There is also line dancing most morning at 9:45 in Fushion but that is more an exercise program. 

With my wife in a wheelchair we do not do any tours.  We eat just as a couple so have not talked to many others about their experiences so hard to comment on tour and bus capacity limits.  Will post if I get any info.

The last call today for disembarking passengers was at 8:50am.  It still takes time to get everyone off so it took an hour for those doing B2B to gather, wait, do the quick immigration (a simple facial recognition based on passport an embarkation) and then back on.

Ft, L was mostly cloudy and only had a high of 21C/70F.

The oddest thing about today was when we went up to Skywalkers after boarding, around noon a man came up looking for the covid test location.  For Saturday's test that B2B passengers had to do, a notice was sent to each passenger with a time - the notice that was sent had Sunday's date but a corrected notice was also sent with Saturday's date and time.  this person said he did not receive the corrected notice.  Obviously by the time we met him new passengers were already on the ship and he was too late. The odd (worrying) thing is not only did no one contact him about missing doing a test on Saturday, he received a notice on Sat. night saying his test was negative, 

Last month, when I was boarding the Caribbean Princess, they were allowing in-transit passengers to reboard the ship before they started letting on new passengers. I was the first new passenger to board the ship. The security folks were allowing passengers with in-transit passes on ahead of us.

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Seems like your Q got over-looked.  Yes, B2B passengers do have to disembark briefly at US port turn-arounds.  You will receive a letter in stateroom with instructions; you all meet up and go off together to clear US CBP, and then you can re-board.  If you are staying on, you will be back on board before any new passengers come on.

Thank you so much for your information

15 hours ago, IJustWantToGo36 said:

Thank you for posting

Are SIP and COVER signs outside all clubs?

I see the signs but don’t see people sipping and covering.  It’s more like when they find a place they can social distance at their own table, the mask comes off under the chin and it’s there until they get up and leave

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Waynetor said:

The oddest thing about today was when we went up to Skywalkers after boarding, around noon a man came up looking for the covid test location.  For Saturday's test that B2B passengers had to do, a notice was sent to each passenger with a time - the notice that was sent had Sunday's date but a corrected notice was also sent with Saturday's date and time.  this person said he did not receive the corrected notice.  Obviously by the time we met him new passengers were already on the ship and he was too late. The odd (worrying) thing is not only did no one contact him about missing doing a test on Saturday, he received a notice on Sat. night saying his test was negative, 

YIKES!!

I wonder if he got off w/all the other B2Bs or stayed on & they zeroed the ship anyway. Oopsie, either way.

16 hours ago, geoherb said:

Last month, when I was boarding the Caribbean Princess, they were allowing in-transit passengers to reboard the ship before they started letting on new passengers. I was the first new passenger to board the ship. The security folks were allowing passengers with in-transit passes on ahead of us.

I believe that is the norm.

• Like 1

Zumba class is right before the line dancing 9:00 - 9:45 on sea days.

Today was to be Princess Cay.  We went and a trail tender was done. It was determined to be too rough conditions so off we went for an extra sea day.

It was a mostly sunny day, so deck 15 pool areas were near capacity.  More lounge chairs available on deck 16.

With the increase in passengers this week, we are noticing most areas are noticeably busier but still not to point of being crowded.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Waynetor said:

Zumba class is right before the line dancing 9:00 - 9:45 on sea days.

Today was to be Princess Cay.  We went and a trail tender was done. It was determined to be too rough conditions so off we went for an extra sea day.

It was a mostly sunny day, so deck 15 pool areas were near capacity.  More lounge chairs available on deck 16.

With the increase in passengers this week, we are noticing most areas are noticeably busier but still not to point of being crowded.

My friend that is on the sailing with you had texted me that you were pulling away from Princess Cay.  Sorry you didn’t get to make it in.   Winds were due to pick up with higher seas because of the cold front coming in.  Sounds like it was a great sea day.   Hope the rest of the sailing is smooth. 

Last nights theater show was comedian Carlos Oscer.  His show was close to the same as last week but still very funny.  Close to show time, the room was getting close to full.  Once the show started the room was dark so those coming in late stood at the back.  To avoid overcrowding, effective today, for the rest of this cruise there will be 2 shows per night.  This was a late decision as it was not in the Patter.  It was mentioned at trivia games, but it was not mentioned in the Cruise Director announcements until about 15 minutes before the first show. 

I had brief conversation with shore excursion agent.  She said for most tours in the Caribbean, open air vehicles are used so no limit capacity.  For any other vehicles the vendor says how many passengers they can handle, and Princess sells to that point so sounds like it is up to vendor (possibly based on local rules) to determine spacing of passengers on excursions.  I forgot to ask about mask wearing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2022 at 10:03 PM, MJC said:

Would you mind checking the Patter if there are Zumba classes in the morning? We board on Sunday and if yes I will bring my dancin' shoes.  🙂

Thank you.

There was Zumba on Caribbean Princess this AM at 9:30 today, none listed tomorrow

• Like 1

The number I have for this week is 1,132 passengers and for Jan 30 is 945 passengers. 

Great day in St. Thomas - hottest day yet and mostly sunny.  

The swimming pools were quite warm.  Some people were complaining they are too deep.  In the two main pools the shallow end is 5 ft. 2in and drops off to 7 ft. 1 in.

4 minutes ago, Waynetor said:

The number I have for this week is 1,132 passengers and for Jan 30 is 945 passengers. 

The swimming pools were quite warm.  Some people were complaining they are too deep.  In the two main pools the shallow end is 5 ft. 2in and drops off to 7 ft. 1 in.

What decks are they using for quarantine?   Are they keeping the number of positive guests down?

TIA

29 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

What decks are they using for quarantine?   Are they keeping the number of positive guests down?

TIA

I asked that as well but no response.  DW read Dolphin.  For our March 6 family Money Pit Cruise we have 3 minisuites spread in different sections on Dolphin.  Forward of us are 2 sets of doors that could be used to close off either 30+ cabins or a smaller group of 18.  If they do use Dolphin those are a good guess.

3 hours ago, Waynetor said:

thnak you for the info

7 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

I asked that as well but no response.  DW read Dolphin.  For our March 6 family Money Pit Cruise we have 3 minisuites spread in different sections on Dolphin.  Forward of us are 2 sets of doors that could be used to close off either 30+ cabins or a smaller group of 18.  If they do use Dolphin those are a good guess.

Interesting. Keep us posted if you here anything.  Thanks 

Everything has been wonderful so far however, there are always a few things that get under your skin.  The bar service has a few issues.

First off, they seem to be running out of various brands of liquor.  Some of us are bourbon drinkers and like Woodford Reserve but they ran out of that on the 3rd day.  That should never happen.

Secondly their bar staff is quick and attentive but aren’t very knowledgeable about liquor. 

But all in all based on the potential chaos of Covid and the reduced number of pax, this has been a splendid cruise.

8 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Everything has been wonderful so far however, there are always a few things that get under your skin.  The bar service has a few issues.

First off, they seem to be running out of various brands of liquor.  Some of us are bourbon drinkers and like Woodford Reserve but they ran out of that on the 3rd day.  That should never happen.

Secondly their bar staff is quick and attentive but aren’t very knowledgeable about liquor. 

But all in all based on the potential chaos of Covid and the reduced number of pax, this has been a splendid cruise.

What deck is the quarantine deck?

TIA

1 hour ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Woodford is great.  Wish my golf course bar had it.  I have to settle for Maker's Mark.  Oh, the sacrifices we make.  😄

On Sky last month we ran into bar issues as well.  We initially tried Good Spirits since it was a perfect location.  DW's goto on cruises is Cpt Morgan and Sprite.  When she ordered one the waiter said they didn't have it.  So she ordered a 7&7.  Again, we don't have that - he was rather grumpy this time.  Never offered any alternatives.  It's not as though she ordered some oddball concoction.  We've had those on every cruise we've ever been on.  I forget what DW wound up with.  I had a beer.  Next night we tried them again.  I ordered a gin and tonic.  Came in a lowball glass which in my experience is a little odd but no bigee.  What was strange was the things floating around in it.  They looked like mouse droppings.  Turned out they were eucalyptus seeds. We ended up at Vines the rest of the week.

12 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

Dolphin is all minisuites. It doesn't make sense that they would make that the quarantine deck. More likely something closer to the medical center on 5 or 6.

(This is only based on my opinion )

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Try Vines - the wonderful bartender there (and I'm embarrassed that I've forgotten his name ) suggested Buffalo Trace when they didn't have my husband's Bulleit and he was happy for the rest of the cruise.

And ,as far as running out of certain things, we have found that happens on every cruise we've been on. Your only hope is to make friends with a good bartender who will hide a special bottle for you.

Edited by chamima