5 Reasons This is the Best Time to Cruise in Your Life

Scubadoc

Just off the Regal. What an amazing time. So much angst about cruising now. Here are my thoughts on why this may be the best time ever to cruise. 

1.  No Crowds. Never stood in a line. 
2.  Amazing Customer service. Less people to take care of. Happy people at every turn eager to serve, to get to know you, to make sure u are happy. Who doesn’t need that these days?

3.  Masks are no big deal. U can walk the length of the ship most of the time to ur cabin and see no one. No need to mask. Empty elevators. Almost no one masks at bars and none sitting at a restaurant or outside. Only time it is irritating is in a show. But less bothersome than just living in most American cities

4.  You are likely safer from Covid on the ship than at home. All are vaccinated, tested and mostly staying away from u unless u want to be with them. And the newest studies show the risk of dying of Omicron is about half that of the flu now. No one in America is on a ventilator due to Omicron. No one. Only thing to fear is the rare ship that cancels or a port canceling or the remote chance of getting quarantined. In which case they refund your money. Not much risk in my book. If I get it at home I’m stuck for 5 days anyway. 
5. Whatever you think about Covid this is your chance to really live!  If u think the government screwed it all up, stick it in the CDC’s face and get on a ship!  If u think Covid is still an existential threat, this is your chance to live dangerously. In that case view a cruise as an adventure sport like skydiving. Risk your Life. Live wild. Board a ship. 😊

Thanx to all on Princess for an awesome cruise. Especially Maryna in the Concierge lounge. What a wonderful person who helped us so much. Booked our next cruise on the ship. Happy cruising to all!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

We board the Caribbean Princess on 01/30; our first cruise since THE BEFORE. Super excited to get back on a ship. DH originally booked this cruise back in June 2021. This was supposed to be a surprise trip; he even secretly contacted my boss and coordinated my time off. In late 2021 he let me in on the surprise so we could plan appropriately and make decisions based on the current state of the pandemic. Then Omicron hit. 

All that to say as long as we test negative, we WILL be on the 01/30 Caribbean Princess cruise. We are looking forward to the lower passenger capacity, the great service Princess is known for, and our first experience with Princess Plus. We weighed the risks, and feel we are safer on the ship than we are going to the local grocery store. Masks are no big deal to us, and we are bringing  games and cards to entertain ourselves if we have to. If an area is to 'peopley', we'll just find a different spot to hang out in. This cruise as a chance to get out of the Wisconsin cold and enjoy some sun. Getting to go to the scheduled ports would be a bonus, but we are 100% aware anything can change on a dime. We are going in with an open mind, packing our patience, and will take measures to mitigate our exposure. No excursions (DYI instead), be outside much as possible, and take the stairs instead of the elevators. Cruising right now is a personal choice we are comfortable with. To us, the benefits outweigh the cons. 

• Like 6

I agree.  We've cruised twice since the unpleasantness and our 3rd one is in March....Get out there while you can enjoy empty ships, attentive service and one thing you left off....excellent deals/prices.

Covid is not a concern for us.  

Mask theatre and the Covid testing drama go in our negative side of the list though. 

We are spoiled and taking full advantage of this special time while we can!

My advice is "get on board".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scubadoc said:

3.  Masks are no big deal. U can walk the length of the ship most of the time to ur cabin and see no one. No need to mask. Empty elevators. Almost no one masks at bars and none sitting at a restaurant or outside. Only time it is irritating is in a show. But less bothersome than just living in most American cities

MUCH more reasonable than masks everywhere all the time which is the way some guidelines appear to indicate.  If I were cruising now, I wouldn't be wearing one in empty corridors or stairwells either.

• Like 5

Was on our first cuise since January 2020 on the new Enchanted for NYE - hope we celebrated the end of this pandemic.   Agree with everything that has been stated here - the panic of Omicron needs to end soon.  We had no problem with the masks.  Even took 3 Princess excursions and not a problem - felt safe.

We have 2 other cruises in February and March!

If only they can stop testing soon it would be great!  

Always high anxiety hoping our test will be negative.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

MUCH more reasonable than masks everywhere all the time which is the way some guidelines appear to indicate.  If I were cruising now, I wouldn't be wearing one in empty corridors or stairwells either.

It’s pretty clear that you are supposed to wear masks unless you are outside.  Why not just follow the rules, or stay home?

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

It’s pretty clear that you are supposed to wear masks unless you are outside.  Why not just follow the rules, or stay home?

Cruising March 28/22 on the Sky. Got Updated email saying entire cruise requirements re: health/ safety remain in place for my entire cruise. Masks are required. 
if I could not comply I would not go. Respect for Others is important to me 

like the idea of fully VAX, although wording now is approaching 100% VAC 

like enhanced cleaning measures

like using FCC before they become useless

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

So true…..some people just think the protocols that Princess has instituted for everyone’s health and safety are just to be ignored……I think this much more true for East Coast cruises then West Coast cruises……

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 6

Have been on three cruises since November.  Yes, there are a number of times walking down a corridor or getting on an elevator there are no people around.

BUT, out of respect for staff and passengers who might ‘pop’ out of a room or get on an elevator, wear a mask.  If you don’t like wearing a mask on board for whatever reason (and at this point, we have heard them all….no need to comment.  Haven’t heard an original thought in months.), don’t cruise.

Not that hard to follow established protocols and procedures developed for yours and  OTHERS safety.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

Have been on three cruises since November.  Yes, there are a number of times walking down a corridor or getting on an elevator there are no people around.

BUT, out of respect for staff and passengers who might ‘pop’ out of a room or get on an elevator, wear a mask.  If you don’t like wearing a mask on board for whatever reason (and at this point, we have heard them all….no need to comment.  Haven’t heard an original thought in months.), don’t cruise.

Not that hard to follow established protocols and procedures developed for yours and  OTHERS safety.

Right On!!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Scubadoc said:

Just off the Regal. What an amazing time. So much angst about cruising now. Here are my thoughts on why this may be the best time ever to cruise. 

1.  No Crowds. Never stood in a line. 
2.  Amazing Customer service. Less people to take care of. Happy people at every turn eager to serve, to get to know you, to make sure u are happy. Who doesn’t need that these days?

4.  You are likely safer from Covid on the ship than at home. All are vaccinated, tested and mostly staying away from u unless u want to be with them. And the newest studies show the risk of dying of Omicron is about half that of the flu now. No one in America is on a ventilator due to Omicron. No one. Only thing to fear is the rare ship that cancels or a port canceling or the remote chance of getting quarantined. In which case they refund your money. Not much risk in my book. If I get it at home I’m stuck for 5 days anyway. 
5. Whatever you think about Covid this is your chance to really live!  If u think the government screwed it all up, stick it in the CDC’s face and get on a ship!  If u think Covid is still an existential threat, this is your chance to live dangerously. In that case view a cruise as an adventure sport like skydiving. Risk your Life. Live wild. Board a ship. 😊

Thanx to all on Princess for an awesome cruise. Especially Maryna in the Concierge lounge. What a wonderful person who helped us so much. Booked our next cruise on the ship. Happy cruising to all!

Maryna is awesome!!

On this forum people want to know what’s actually happening on the ships I think more than what some people want to happen. Some people may want everyone to walk down empty hallways wearing a mask but that’s not what’s happening. At least not on our cruise. There’s also no evidence of sip and cover anywhere. But Everyone was respectful and masked up around people. It seemed like reasonable but not fanatical adherence to rules. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I did sip & cover on my 2 last cruises and will do so on mine in 3 months. Wish I could jump on right now but my Koda doesn't have a sitter until April 

Fully agree with less crowded, no waiting, great service, we mask here anyway so no diff, less chance of catching covid onboard!! 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Scubadoc said:

On this forum people want to know what’s actually happening on the ships I think more than what some people want to happen. Some people may want everyone to walk down empty hallways wearing a mask but that’s not what’s happening. At least not on our cruise. There’s also no evidence of sip and cover anywhere. But Everyone was respectful and masked up around people. It seemed like reasonable but not fanatical adherence to rules. 

I have been on 5 cruises since the restart, and am on one right now, so i am reporting what is actually happening on the Grand right now.  Almost 100% compliance with the rules on this ship, ad well as enhanced testing.  This is how it has to be to keep ships operating safely.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I did sip & cover on my 2 last cruises and will do so on mine in 3 months. Wish I could jump on right now but my Koda doesn't have a sitter until April 

Fully agree with less crowded, no waiting, great service, we mask here anyway so no diff, less chance of catching covid onboard!! 

Yes, great! Please cruise with us!!  We do the same.  .most people on the ship now have had it with those that won't comply, and are becoming more willing to support compliance.  The vast majority support and respect the enhanced safety measures, and are becoming more vocal from what I've seen and heard.  There are only a few on the ship or on here that think they can drown out the voice of reason/science.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Absolutely true. Just off the Emerald. We were usually alone in the elevators and hallways. But, we wore masks because that is the rules. It was no big deal. 

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

I have been on 5 cruises since the restart, and am on one right now, so i am reporting what is actually happening on the Grand right now.  Almost 100% compliance with the rules on this ship, ad well as enhanced testing.  This is how it has to be to keep ships operating safely.

That is how it was on our Majestic  New Year cruise…. 95% of people complied with protocols…..not sure who these posters are who want people to co-sign the false fact that Princess passengers are not cooperating with Princess crews and requests.

• Like 1

I've taken two solo cruises since the restart (Majestic to Alaska in August and Caribbean to western Caribbean last month). I just booked the Regal for next month. I'm looking forward to getting back on a ship. And I'll keep looking for other cruises that fit my schedule. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Scubadoc said:

Masks are indeed a big deal.

If seen anywhere inside without one on, even while walking the halls, you will be asked to put one on.

If you don't have a mask, they will give you one.

You can't even approach the pizza or burger stands on the Lido deck without a mask on, even though it's outside.

On our 1/9 sailing, everyone seemed to be very respectful of each other, and the rules.

It's hardly a free-for-all.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Scubadoc said:

4.  You are likely safer from Covid on the ship than at home. All are vaccinated, tested and mostly staying away from u unless u want to be with them. And the newest studies show the risk of dying of Omicron is about half that of the flu now. No one in America is on a ventilator due to Omicron. No one.

7 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

And this why your posts are not credible……..

Okay, so blanket claims come with risk.  I'd accept that there has to be at least an exception case or two, because there are always exceptions and there have been with the virus.  But, it also appears it may not be a totally far-fetched claim way off reality.  I found a NY Times article reporting on a study of 52,000+ California patients and ......

"Out of more than 52,000 Omicron patients identified from electronic medical records of Kaiser Permanente of Southern California, a large health system, the researchers found that not a single patient went on a ventilator during that time.".

So, would I project that there is no one on a ventilator anywhere in USA (or Canada for that matter)?  No, and where would anyone find enough info and stats to be able to make such a claim anyway?  But, it is possible.  I think the main point is that Omicron is not to be feared like the initial waves and when no one was vaccinated.  

All this said, I am not sure the relevance to cruising with Princess.  Almost universally when addressed, posters here have said they feel safer cruising with Princess than being in their home city.

• Like 3

I am on the Ruby now and I guess I’m really glad I’m not on one of those cruises mentioned where people don’t wear masks.  We have just about 100% compliance when walking around, but I admit that it is much more relaxed at bars.  I have been very pleased with the masking and do we really have to have the threat of ventilators to comply.  Wear the mask or stay home!

• Like 1