Disembarking with luggage

TowandaUK

We shall be disembarking by walking off with our luggage. We will not be in a hurry and if poss would like to have breakfast and coffee and leave mid morning. Is this doable?   I appreciate that X will want to access the room to get ready for the next cruise and assume we would have to keep luggage with us. Is there anywhere we can leave luggage while we have breakfast in ocean view or coffee in al bacio if those venues are available?  What time would we have to leave by?  Hoping to leave at about 9.30. 

You can leave at any time up to the Final Call which is about 9:30.   You indeed can have breakfast.

To my knowledge there is no place to leave your luggage except in the Retreat Lounge if traveling in a suite.     You can also just put it out and pick it up in the Terminal as usual.   We have done that and when left at 9:30 our luggage was easy to find and no lugging it around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is usually a corner of the room in Oceanview where luggage can be stored while you eat. However, this area is not supervised. We've never had a problem using this area. Cafe Al Bacio is usually very crowded on debarkation day, due to it's proximity to the departure area, so you'd need to keep your luggage with you if this is where you choose to wait. 

Edited by kathynorth

2 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I don't think Cafe Al Bacio was open on our debarkation (Millennium).  Granted it was the last Alaska sailing of the season, but maybe someone who is sailing now might have  more current information.

I'm not sure either.   I seem to remember it was open and you could use your sea pass still until you left the ship.  

I do know that on the B2B's I've been on they were open after the processing a couple hours before general boarding began.    I saw them there and had asked if they were open and they responded of course.      On the S-Class ships they have Al Bacio Segundo at the entrance to the Ocean View and they are always busy on disembarkation morning. 

We have left the ship in both FLL and San Pedro after 9am.  Put our luggage out at night and enjoyed a quick breakfast and no lines leaving the ship.

Easy to find baggage claim as there were less than 10 bags remaining.   Problem was none were ours.  Both times were picked up by lazy people who did not check the tag or notice the white spray painted stripe.  Neither the ports of Celebrity assumed and responsibility.   Got them returned both times.  Once in a week.  The other time 3 days.

We keep our bags in a corner of our stateroom.  Let the cabin attendant know why. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I don't think Cafe Al Bacio was open on our debarkation (Millennium).  Granted it was the last Alaska sailing of the season, but maybe someone who is sailing now might have  more current information.

I think it depends on the ship. It was closed on disembarkation Day on the Summit but open on both the Edge and Apex.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TowandaUK said:

We shall be disembarking by walking off with our luggage. We will not be in a hurry and if poss would like to have breakfast and coffee and leave mid morning. Is this doable?   I appreciate that X will want to access the room to get ready for the next cruise and assume we would have to keep luggage with us. Is there anywhere we can leave luggage while we have breakfast in ocean view or coffee in al bacio if those venues are available?  What time would we have to leave by?  Hoping to leave at about 9.30. 

It helps to know which ship.

just off Sillhouette and Cafe al Bacio was definitely open.

I suspect that with millennium being on the last cruise of the season, it was closed on that particular sailing because it would be no new passengers coming on, and they had to get the ship cleaned up and ready to move it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

We have left the ship in both FLL and San Pedro after 9am.

41 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You can leave at any time up to the Final Call which is about 9:30.   You indeed can have breakfast.

I think it all depends on each particular sailing;however, none of the departure documentation has 9:30am as last call. ALL documentation lists until 9:00am. We've been on three Celebrity sailings since the restart and on all three we weren't in a rush to get off the ship. Having said that by 9:00am the ship was about finished disembarking passengers. I think you won't be able to wait until 9:30am. 9-9:10, yes.

46 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I normally wait in Cafe Al Bacio on disembarkation day, they are open.

34 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It helps to know which ship.

just off Sillhouette and Cafe al Bacio was definitely open.

I suspect that with millennium being on the last cruise of the season, it was closed on that particular sailing because it would be no new passengers coming on, and they had to get the ship cleaned up and ready to move it

Sorry should have included that info. It’s the Silhouette in Southampton. 

20 minutes ago, TowandaUK said:

Sorry should have included that info. It’s the Silhouette in Southampton. 

It will depend on how things are when you cruise , if you are in a suite ask the Concierge if it is possible to take your luggage to the Retreat lounge. I would also add that lifts are very busy and you may find difficulty in getting down with luggage on the final day.

I agree with Az Wildcat. If you aren’t going early which is the usual reason to keep your luggage w you, do the normal tagged and left outside your SR and it will be sitting waiting for you off the ship. 

much easier for you and it removes lugging it around and rolling it through passageways and dining areas. 

if you are worried about the luggage sitting in the terminal an extended time, either ask for the later tag times or after getting the tags go to the Desk and ask for later ones. We’ve done that and it works fine. 

den

• Thanks 1

We do self disembarkation all the time.  I don't think you can do this and stay on the ship till 9:30.  As I recall, breakfast starts at 6:00 or 6:30.  We leave our suitcases in our cabin, go to the early breakfast, then retrieve them and line up with the others who are doing the same.  We've never found it to be a problem.

If you really want to stay till 9:30, then I think others have given good advice to put your suitcases out the night before.

Enjoy the Silhouette, it's a lovely ship.

2 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Also if you are in a suite that luggage is in a separate area after disembarking, very easy to find it.

Only problem we had when disembarkation at last call due to a 1:30 flight we hung out in Retreat Lounge until final call.   When I got to the Suite luggage area there was only one suitcase instead of two.

Ugh.   I asked an agent and she talked into a radio and said she would be right back.  Within a minute she was back and said it was on the other side of customs as someone accidentally picked it up (it was a very unique bag so how they picked it up by mistake is a mystery)  and took it through customs.   They discovered it and left it with the agent.  

4 hours ago, Denny01 said:

I agree with Az Wildcat. If you aren’t going early which is the usual reason to keep your luggage w you, do the normal tagged and left outside your SR and it will be sitting waiting for you off the ship. 

much easier for you and it removes lugging it around and rolling it through passageways and dining areas. 

if you are worried about the luggage sitting in the terminal an extended time, either ask for the later tag times or after getting the tags go to the Desk and ask for later ones. We’ve done that and it works fine. 

den

Very good advice.  We also exchange our number at the Customer Service Desk for one of the last numbers.  This avoids the worry about what to do with the luggage.  We leave at last call and the luggage is waiting for us.  This allows us a leisurely breakfast and then we hang out by the pool with our carry ons/offs.

13 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Having said that by 9:00am the ship was about finished disembarking passengers. I think you won't be able to wait until 9:30am. 9-9:10, yes

We choose 08.40 am to disembark on 14/08/21 from Silhouette.in Southampton. We were called at 08.00.

They wanted everyone off the ship PDQ, to clean for the next voyage.

Edited by upwarduk

16 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

It was open when we were on the Summit last month

We have cruised with Disney and RC. I need my stuff in the mornings so we don't put our luggage out at night. We are up early each morning any way so we do down/up for breakfast and return to our cabin to finish packing. Then walk off with our luggage when we are ready with no problems.  

• Like 1