Diamond Plus BOGO

c-leg5

With all the recent changes is Diamond Plus BOGO specialty dining coupon still available and is it still first and second nights only?

I read with reduced numbers ships were offering 50% off any night to anyone, is this general?

Trying to decide if it is worth booking in advance or just wait until we are on the ship.

Edited by c-leg5

The Diamond plus BOGO is alive and well.  On the Anthem we had to use it on nights 1 and 2.  On the Allure last fall they allowed us to use the second night anytime during the cruise.  It seems to be an onboard decision on each ship as to how they require usage/scheduling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OHCruisinDad said:

The Diamond plus BOGO is alive and well.  On the Anthem we had to use it on nights 1 and 2.  On the Allure last fall they allowed us to use the second night anytime during the cruise.  It seems to be an onboard decision on each ship as to how they require usage/scheduling.

Thanks thats how I remember but can’t see it listed on the benefits so wondered if it had been removed.

46 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Idk if I'd decide based on one posters experience on one ship saying they were offered up to 50% off some specialty ... but if you havent purchased it why not keep your ears open. If I hear of anything I'll post it. .. though I think liberty is at a little higher capacity so who knows. Cant hurt to listen onboard.

21 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk if I'd decide based on one posters experience on one ship saying they were offered up to 50% off some specialty ... but if you havent purchased it why not keep your ears open. If I hear of anything I'll post it. .. though I think liberty is at a little higher capacity so who knows. Cant hurt to listen onboard.

Thanks - not a big fan of specialty restaurants so no big deal. Nice to do occasionally and if there isn’t much entertainment this seemed like a good time. However I was surprised I couldn’t see it listed on the benefits. I am sure it used to be there but perhaps I am looking in the wrong place.

Certainly wont be doing it at full price!

Currently on Navigator, went to Chops during the embarkation day lunch and was able to reserve BOGO for Day Four (the stroganoff menu night in the MDR).  They just charged me for the two meals on Day One, and made our reservation for Day Four. 

The charge showed on my folio the first night, then I was given a $0 bill with the option for extra tip when we dined. 

9 hours ago, OHCruisinDad said:

We had the same experience. On Anthem they stuck to the day 1 and 2 rule. On the Odyssey, last week they let use any day.

1 hour ago, Seville2Cabo said:

What happens if you and your spouse are D+.  Can you get 4 for 2?  What nights?  We usually do the UDP, but this may be a better option.

It isn't a matter of if - you and your spouse share the same C&A level, so if one of you is D+, the other is as well.  So you each have the BOGO benefit.

What typically happens is you both purchase the dinner on night one and can then schedule the second dinner at n/c, usually - in our experience - for any night during the week.  We have never had an issue with the second night timing - and have also been able to start the BOGO with the paid dinner on the second night if preferred over the first.  That option may be more ship dependent.  So you pay for 2 and get 2 for free - which I believe is the same as 4 for 2. 

As to the UDP, using the D+ BOGO would cover 2 nights, leaving 5.  You would have to do the math to see what the total cost of the 7 night UDP is v the a la carte pricing at the restaurants of your choice for those remaining 5 nights would be to see if it still a good value.  Another option would be to see if they are offering a 3-night package and do the comparison to include adding the additional nights a la carte.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
additional info
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

It isn't a matter of if - you and your spouse share the same C&A level, so if one of you is D+, the other is as well.

What typically happens is you both purchase the dinner on night one and can then schedule the second dinner at n/c, usually - in our experience - for any night during the week.  We have never had an issue with the second night timing - and have also been able to start the BOGO with the paid dinner on the second night if preferred over the first.  That option may be more ship dependent.  So you pay for 2 and get 2 for free - which I believe is the same as 4 for 2. 

As to the UDP, using the D+ BOGO would cover 2 nights, leaving 5.  You would have to do the math to see what the total cost of the 7 night UDP is v the a la carte pricing at the restaurants of your choice for those remaining 5 nights would be to see if it still a good value.  Another option would be to see if they are offering a 3-night package and do the comparison to include adding the additional nights a la carte.

On Allure January 22 sail and bogo is on , however tried to get a discount as I’m solo and only wanted one night without success. 

12 minutes ago, nelblu said:

On Allure January 22 sail and bogo is on , however tried to get a discount as I’m solo and only wanted one night without success. 

The BOGO I am referring to is the Crown & Anchor Diamond+ specialty restaurant benefit that is provided to that tier level membership at no charge.  Is this what you are referring to as well?  If so, as a solo you would purchase the one specialty restaurant at the normal price and receive a second specialty restaurant night at no charge.

On our last two cruises on Harmony post restart, by the time we boarded the only times that were left for making reservations were for either very early or very late because of the distancing restrictions. Fortunately the Suite concierge was able to pull a few strings to get us reasonable reservations.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, orville99 said:

On our last two cruises on Harmony post restart, by the time we boarded the only times that were left for making reservations were for either very early or very late because of the distancing restrictions. Fortunately the Suite concierge was able to pull a few strings to get us reasonable reservations.

Couldn’t you just have booked for one online in advance?

20 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We tried that once, and encountered all kinds of flak from the maitre D when we tried to use the bogo for the second guest.

Thanks, I thought that used to be a common practice.

As stated above we don’t book very often but we have also experienced problems trying to use the coupon. Since any table reserved for one is going to be able to seat two I am not sure what the problem is.

I think the inconsistencies of the rules from ship to ship and the fact we don’t find the experience that “special” is one if the reasons we don’t usually bother.

We've never had an issue using our d+ for 4.  We had to pay for 2 and our friends just paid us back.  

The bigger issue is making reservations. I've found that I had to prepay for 4 and then once onboard get the credit for 2.

Also had an interesting way of using our 2nd biggest instead of night 2 as we wanted to go to main dining.   Maitre D had us pay for bogo on night 2 and made our reservation for later in the cruise.  Brilliant idea from crew on Brilliance.

From what I've seen it depends on how busy the restaurant.  Chops fully booked because if the limited seating but Giovanni’s had room.  We love Giovanni’s so all good.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

The BOGO I am referring to is the Crown & Anchor Diamond+ specialty restaurant benefit that is provided to that tier level membership at no charge.  Is this what you are referring to as well?  If so, as a solo you would purchase the one specialty restaurant at the normal price and receive a second specialty restaurant night at no charge.

Yes, I’m familiar with the C&A coupon,but I did not want 2 dinners and read on some thread that they got a discount on first night offer on specialty discounts. 

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Yes, I’m familiar with the C&A coupon,but I did not want 2 dinners and read on some thread that they got a discount on first night offer on specialty discounts. 

Not aware of that option with regards to the D+ BOGO.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
correction

32 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Not aware of that option with regards to the D+ BOGO.

About a decade ago, three of us went to Chops on Night 1.  We were ASKED if we wanted to pay half price or if we wanted to return for another dinner.  (we chose to return, but we could have gotten that discount)  Obviously, things vary and things change.

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

About a decade ago, three of us went to Chops on Night 1.  We were ASKED if we wanted to pay half price or if we wanted to return for another dinner.  (we chose to return, but we could have gotten that discount)  Obviously, things vary and things change.

Interesting.   Have had a number of times over the years - as I'm sure you have as well - where different restaurants offered reduced pricing to generate business, but not in conjunction with the D+ BOGO.  Good to know.