Royal Cancelled my cruise without me asking? cue italian anger

Got up this morning to 8 emails about cancelled prepurchases.  Then I logged into my account and my cruise # no longer exists.  Its still listed with my travel agent.  The cruise itself is still going. The people we are linked to are still listed.  I am so incredibly angry.  No one asked for a cancellation.  I have been waiting on the trip for 3 years!!!!!!

I am calling corporate after 8 am.  Already emailed and called my travel agent.  Heads are getting ready to roll.

• Like 1

I understand that you are stressed and angry.  Who wouldn’t be?  Had you booked direct, you’d be making calls to figure this out, but you chose to use a travel agent.  That travel agent owns your reservation, so the travel agent is the one who must sort out the problem with the reservation pronto.  Who knows, maybe somebody at the travel agency even made the error that resulted in the cancellation…or maybe it was a miscommunication between the TA and RCI….ormaybe RCI’s fault.  Regardless, get your TA on it.  If your TA does not get right on it, then you have an anger issue with your agent.

• Like 9

I always hear great things about TA then I see this that reinforces my belief that I should be the only  person who controls my vacations. Mad at Royal? I would be livid at my TA first.  "YOU HAD 1 JOB!!!!"

Booked with Royal direct for over 20 years never had an issue. Tried a TA for our 2012 honeymoon cruise, we had issues.

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, 3eaglesfam said:

Got up this morning to 8 emails about cancelled prepurchases.  Then I logged into my account and my cruise # no longer exists.  Its still listed with my travel agent.  The cruise itself is still going. The people we are linked to are still listed.  I am so incredibly angry.  No one asked for a cancellation.  I have been waiting on the trip for 3 years!!!!!!

I am calling corporate after 8 am.  Already emailed and called my travel agent.  Heads are getting ready to roll.

Good luck!!

Edit:  Noticed you had a March 5 cruise booked in your previous posts.

Question -   Did your TA pay final - that would have been due I think yesterday (30 days).    Could it be Royal canceled for non-payment?.  I hope you can get the cruise back !!

Edited by BSocial
  • Like 4

It can happen.  We were booked on our Pinnacle Cruise several years ago and, suddenly, our booking disappeared-and the ship was sold out!  Corporate said someone canceled the reservation!  Not us. We could not as it was with a TA; TA denied cancellation.  But with a plea to corporate guest services our cruise was reinstated and we were booked in a much, much higher category.

So good luck and hang in there.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, gadaboutgal said:

It can happen.  We were booked on our Pinnacle Cruise several years ago and, suddenly, our booking disappeared-and the ship was sold out!  Corporate said someone canceled the reservation!  Not us. We could not as it was with a TA; TA denied cancellation.  But with a plea to corporate guest services our cruise was reinstated and we were booked in a much, much higher category.

So good luck and hang in there.

This is a perfect example of the old adage "Every cloud has a silver lining"  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BSocial said:

Good luck!!

Edit:  Noticed you had a March 5 cruise booked in your previous posts.

Question -   Did your TA pay final - that would have been due I think yesterday (30 days).    Could it be Royal canceled for non-payment?.  I hope you can get the cruise back !!

Everything is paid on full and i was checked in as well. Paid in full in November 2021

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, 3eaglesfam said:

Everything is paid on full and i was checked in as well. Paid in full in November 2021

Gosh, good luck!  Can you call TA and request them to add Royal to the conversation, so you can hear and ask questions?  

32 minutes ago, 3eaglesfam said:

It sounds like maybe your TA did not send the payment to RCI.  Since you booked thru a TA, this has to be resolved through them.  I found out last week that even though I had a receipt from my TA, a portion of my deposit was never charged to my card or sent to RCI.  It was discovered because I was waiting for a refund from a price drop in September that never came.  

You can check in without final payment being made. 

• Like 1

This very thing happened to our cruise party back in Nov. It wasn't our TA but Royal did it. Our TA got it resolved with Royal. And then  we never got notice that when Royal canceled our cruise they also canceled our shore excursions. We finally received refunds for the excursions, so if and when your trip is restored, if you have excursions booked make sure nothing was canceled!! Good Luck!!!

• Like 2

This happened to my friend and his husband in December. Everything was paid in full and it was two weeks before sailing. After contacting the executive offices, they were able to get re-booked, but lost their original stateroom and had to the difference in pre-cruise planner purchases. RC gave them $50 OBC for the inconvenience 🤨. No explanation was ever given other than that it was an IT error. 

For those jumping on the TA being at fault for this - OP said he'd already checked in for the cruise, I don't think they allow you to check in for a cruise that's not fully paid.

But yes, the TA is the one that needs to be sorting this out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Amberle3 said:

For those jumping on the TA being at fault for this - OP said he'd already checked in for the cruise, I don't think they allow you to check in for a cruise that's not fully paid.

But yes, the TA is the one that needs to be sorting this out. 

We checked in about two weeks before our final payment. The cruise is in a few weeks and we waited until the last day to pay.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Amberle3 said:

You can check in before final payment.  Our check in opened yesterday - 45 days prior to sailing.  Final payment is due 30 days prior.  We have been paid since September, but others we are sailing with were able to check in even though they had not yet made final payment.

• Like 1