Jewel of The Seas -- 1st passenger sailing post quarantine 12/20/22 -- Is there an interest for LIVE?

Don't know what possessed me to book a ship that is just getting out of being a totally quarantine ship serving as a hospital / hotel. Next week I will board Jewel on her first voyage out of quarantine. Call me crazy but the price was even crazier - guess that's why I booked.  Wanted to get a consensus if anyone has any interest on a live thread from this ship.  We've seen so many wonderful live threads lately which will be a tough act to follow.  Still, if anyone is interested I will try my best - now that I've invested in some nice camera lenses...

Edited by livingonthebeach
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• livingonthebeach changed the title to Jewel of The Seas -- 1st passenger sailing post quarantine 12/20/22 -- Is there an interest for LIVE?
9 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Thanks so much everyone! Now I'm pumped up and ready to give you a LIVE review on

Jewel of The Seas next week!

No, Thank you! Can't wait, looking forward your take on her after I'm Boarding her myself B4B in 56 Days! 

• Like 2

On 2/12/2022 at 9:53 PM, StanleyandGus said:

Absolutely! The Jewel is my favourite ship!

This is the last of the RCCL class ships for us to cruise on. Can you tell me  a shaded area outside where there are tables and chairs where my DH and I can enjoy playing cards?  The few pictures of the Solarium ( my usual go to spot) does not seem to have shaded area with table/chairs. The Windjammer outdoor area looks great, but I doubt we could "hangout" there after eating all afternoon.

Thanks for any suggestions.

On 2/12/2022 at 7:27 PM, livingonthebeach said:

Don't know what possessed me to book a ship that is just getting out of being a totally quarantine ship serving as a hospital / hotel. Next week I will board Jewel on her first voyage out of quarantine. Call me crazy but the price was even crazier - guess that's why I booked.  Wanted to get a consensus if anyone has any interest on a live thread from this ship.  We've seen so many wonderful live threads lately which will be a tough act to follow.  Still, if anyone is interested I will try my best - now that I've invested in some nice camera lenses...

You may wish to edit your title again.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

This is the last of the RCCL class ships for us to cruise on. Can you tell me  a shaded area outside where there are tables and chairs where my DH and I can enjoy playing cards?  The few pictures of the Solarium ( my usual go to spot) does not seem to have shaded area with table/chairs. The Windjammer outdoor area looks great, but I doubt we could "hangout" there after eating all afternoon.

Thanks for any suggestions.

The Solarium roof is usually closed if that helps.  WJ outside area should be available until at least 3 pm.  I think it's also accessible from deck 12 aft, but not sure, so would mean available later.  Also the area on your right just before you enter WJ.  I think the coffee there is available even when WJ is closed and I think I've seen people playing cards there.  Hope this helps.

57 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

The Solarium roof is usually closed if that helps.  WJ outside area should be available until at least 3 pm.  I think it's also accessible from deck 12 aft, but not sure, so would mean available later.  Also the area on your right just before you enter WJ.  I think the coffee there is available even when WJ is closed and I think I've seen people playing cards there.  Hope this helps.

It helps a lot.  Thank you so much.

On 2/13/2022 at 9:17 AM, irishgal432 said:

We booked as well!  Great rates!  I was just on Oasis and saw the loyalty ambassador and asked her about Jewels status and she said she had just spoke with Sarah the loyalty ambassador on Jewel and they are getting ready to go with passengers.

So glad I will see Sarah again Sunday, thanks for update

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WVHillbilly said:

Going to be on Jewel in April, looking forward to your review and pics.

We sailed on her 12/30/21.  Look for that review on the boards.  Someone else started it but I contributed to it.  Sorry no pictures.  The crew was great and ship was in good shape.  Smooth sailing. Looking forward to boarding her again 4/23 for b2b with TA.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 8:26 PM, Coralc said:

For sure! There hasn't been anything Live on Radiance class ships recently. It will be interesting to see how the crew is getting back into the routine. :classic_biggrin: And thanks! 

Were you following my Brilliance live thread?