Currently on the Edge in the Retreat and being told we do not have a drinks package?

FrankJ02

49 minutes ago, gracebest said:

No, it’s not.  But the booking process should not be so confusing as indicated by all of the above people posting their invoices, codes, etc.  I just think that when someone isn’t as savvy and thought retreat meant always included, a little compassion goes a long way.  I hope the OP is able to enjoy his cruise.  

I save my compassion for real world problems.  Drinks and WiFi are not any of those.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

I save my compassion for real world problems.  Drinks and WiFi are not any of those.

Why are you here? This is a message board about cruising... clearly a place dealing with first world issues... 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kearney said:

Why are you here? This is a message board about cruising... clearly a place dealing with first world issues... 

Because I choose to be.  Cruising = first world issues = does not compute in my world 🙄

• Haha 1

250+ responses later, I'm still not seeing that this has been a massive widespread issue. 

Key takeaways... when you are making a 5k-60k purchase, buyer beware, know what you are purchasing, and ask questions if you do not know. If your TA has 12 rates listed? Ask. If you book yourself via Celebrity...don't overlook the big CRUISE ONLY flag or the AI details on the last booking page.

Moving on.........

92CBBEB1-9452-405B-807A-0D8448698F0F_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

250+ responses later, I'm still not seeing that this has been a massive widespread issue. 

Key takeaways... when you are making a 5k-60k purchase, buyer beware, know what you are purchasing, and ask questions if you do not know. If your TA has 12 rates listed? Ask. If you book yourself via Celebrity...don't overlook the big CRUISE ONLY flag or the AI details on the last booking page.

Moving on.........

So easy, a caveman could do it. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Moving on.........

The BEST post and response on this entire thread!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kmtoner said:

This was a good excuse to call 877-RETREAT (1-877-738-7328).

I am not familiar with that phone number.  Is it a dedicated line for Suite customers?  If so, that is good to know.

Tom & Judy

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

Can someone remind me, what is available to a pax from Celebrity when you put a hold on a booking but before you put down a deposit?  I’m with a TA and I refer to their website until I get the booking confirmation.

TA owns your hold.  They will be the ones that provide you with the details.  Mine emails me the hold details when they execute it.  Not sure how long they can hold a cabin(s).  But, in recent months, it's been a good long while (more than 48 hours).  Before, it was at most, 24 hours.

1 hour ago, TFree said:

I am not familiar with that phone number.  Is it a dedicated line for Suite customers?  If so, that is good to know.

Tom & Judy

Essentially. I found it online in the Celebrity FAQs regarding The Retreat. That's going to include most passengers who booked suites. I guess it may be possible to book a suite at a fare that does not allow entry to The Retreat. At such a fare level, I'm not certain a suite passenger could get assistance through that Retreat Concierge team at that phone number.

11 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

TA owns your hold.  They will be the ones that provide you with the details.  Mine emails me the hold details when they execute it.  Not sure how long they can hold a cabin(s).  But, in recent months, it's been a good long while (more than 48 hours).  Before, it was at most, 24 hours.

Thanks but I was asking about Celebrity customers dealing directly with Celebrity and what documentation they get while on hold.

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Count the threads where these sorts of questions come up instead.

There is NO excuse for the confusion that the Cruise Planner introduces by offering for sale things that a passenger has already paid for in one way or another.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Count the threads where these sorts of questions come up instead.

There is NO excuse for the confusion that the Cruise Planner introduces by offering for sale things that a passenger has already paid for in one way or another.

If I buy a pair of shoes on Amazon, they don’t stop me from ordering another pair.  BUT they do put a banner on top saying “Last bought on X/X/X.  Maybe Celebrity needs something similar.  They do remind you for things you buy on the website like dinners at specialty restaurants.

Edited by zitsky

8 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Celebrity customers dealing directly with Celebrity and what documentation they get while on hold.

In my experience, the same exact Booking Confirmation that you get when the booking is confirmed.  There is a Reservation #, the prices, perks, final payment date, etc...  It will show when the deposit is due.  If the deposit is not received by the specified date, the hold will go off.   They do not give you reminders, you have to keep track of the date yourself.   If you want the date extended, you can call and they will extend the date.  (Personal experience and perhaps it depends on who you talk to).   I know this because a cruise I booked in November I booked the cabins I was definite about and there was an additional cabin I wanted to put a hold on due to location next to the others and lock in the price but I needed to confirm with who I was going to ask.  Once I had everything settled, I called to pay the deposit and the Booking Confirmation stayed the same except for the deposit information.

The on-hold reservation will show up in your Celebrity account but you can't do anything with it until that deposit is made.

This is based on reserving on the phone.  I do not know if it's different if you put that hold they offer online.

Doing this would be good for those that want to confirm their booking specifications, especially if they book a a non-refundable rate.

🍹 

3 hours ago, TFree said:

Tom & Judy

Yes it is the number for the Shoreside Concierge's who are available to help people with a suite booking.  They also are available to Zenith Captains Club members.

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

Maybe Celebrity needs something similar.  They do remind you for things you buy on the website like dinners at specialty restaurants.

In Cruise Planner, look at the "order history" tab...I just saw all included packages and purchases listed on a cruise we have within 2 weeks. Did not see the same on later cruises...might just be available on cruises that are imminent.

Edited by Maggie North
added comment

1 hour ago, Maggie North said:

In Cruise Planner, look at the "order history" tab...I just saw all included packages and purchases listed on a cruise we have within 2 weeks. Did not see the same on later cruises...might just be available on cruises that are imminent.

Yes I agree with you.  Order history is useful.

This thread is relevant to me.  My booking confirmation for a late 2023 cruise shows ELEVATE NRD and no detail.  I’m trying to get my TA or Celebrity to fix it.

Edited by zitsky

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

If I buy a pair of shoes on Amazon, they don’t stop me from ordering another pair.

Bad analogy.  If I get all the free shoes I want in a RS or as part of an AI package, why try to sell me a pair knowing full well you'll have to give me my money back, not to mention making me wonder if I really get free shoes???