Suite guests...

COCKYMARK

25 minutes ago, COCKYMARK said:

Do you still get fruit delivered to the room? I remember a couple of years ago we got fruit the first day but cant remember if any other days. 

I don't think that's an official perk, so getting anything is a very YMMV kinda thing.

• Like 1

I don't remember fruit in a GS on Grandeur.

But we got a small plate every evening.  Sometimes chocolate covered strawberries.  Sometimes cookies.  Sometimes a cheese plate.  Once a small cake that had some writing on it.

We had fruit and some chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us in the room (GS) when we boarded Indy at the beginning of this month. When the concierge found out how much my teenage boys like croissants,  he had those delivered days 2, 3, and 4.  Junior Flores (suite concierge on Indy) was absolutely amazing

Edited by Jkaczanowski
  • Like 3

Hit and miss for us since restart.  Wouldn't miss it if it did not get delivered...can always get what you need and bring back to cabin.  I am guessing a lot of fruit gets wasted if someone does not like the choices.  

Most times when we do get the bowl, I simply pick up replacements of my choice in the WJ if desired.  Including much fresher cookies.  😉 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

By the time we left Harmony three weeks ago, we had three metal baskets of black bananas and overripe fruit in our cabin. 
Does anyone really sit in their room and eat a pear, apple, kiwi and an orange??  

Trash cans in cabin...available for fill up on over ripe, unwanted fruit.  Problem solved.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

By the time we left Harmony three weeks ago, we had three metal baskets of black bananas and overripe fruit in our cabin. 
Does anyone really sit in their room and eat a pear, apple, kiwi and an orange??  

I leave it as a gratuity for the staff. I know they really appreciate my thoughtfulness. 🙂

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Which begs the question, why are there no trash bags in the cabins?

Probably adds to their recycling load , and they would have to separate the garbage from the plastic bag taking more time too. 

Just a guess.

• Like 1

In an OS recently on Navigator we had a large basket/bowl of fruit, plated cookies and a large bottle of Evian. 4 cans of water and 4 cans of coke embarkation day....and our trash cans were lined with plastic bags which were changed every night.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, PIR8LUVR said:

We just got upgraded to a Crown Loft Suite for our cruise on Sunday. How soon will someone contact us about the Coastal Kitchen? I saw another passenger mention that someone contacted them about menu preferences. Thanks!

We were in gs, and never got asked about coastal kitchen preferences.  Though- we ate there every morning and loved it!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, PIR8LUVR said:

We just got upgraded to a Crown Loft Suite for our cruise on Sunday. How soon will someone contact us about the Coastal Kitchen? I saw another passenger mention that someone contacted them about menu preferences. Thanks!

I would think you would get an email tonight or tomorrow.  You will not get menu preferences but will be able to book your dinner reservations, shows, massages....and your fruit bowl preference.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1