Did covid tests ever change to 3 days, officially?

Jemnibabe

2 hours ago, Coral said:

Leaving for Europe soon and still no guidelines!

I’m still waiting, too!  Southampton for us.  Since the UK is entirely open now and no tests or masks are required, I hope Princess’s protocols reflect the country’s.  We’re doing a British Isles and all of our ports are the same. Fingers crossed we don’t have to pre-test.

2 hours ago, Coral said:

Leaving for Europe soon and still no guidelines!

The airlines should have rules for entry into the European country.  I would think that any additional testing required by Princess would have to be done at the port.  That's what they did last summer but I guess with Princess anything is possible and the most logical outcome is never assured!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

I’m still waiting, too!  Southampton for us.  Since the UK is entirely open now and no tests or masks are required, I hope Princess’s protocols reflect the country’s.  We’re doing a British Isles and all of our ports are the same. Fingers crossed we don’t have to pre-test.

My concern is the post test.  We have a UK cruise in August.  As I understand it, of you have to have a negative covid test to fly back to the US from Europe  We know vaxed/boosted/masked people who have had a positive test at the end of a cruise.  Having to quarantine in the US for 5 days before you can go home is bad, but I don't want to have to quarantine in London until my covid test is negative.

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

The airlines should have rules for entry into the European country.  I would think that any additional testing required by Princess would have to be done at the port.  That's what they did last summer but I guess with Princess anything is possible and the most logical outcome is never assured!

I just don't know what to expect. Country says 3 days, I was going off of Princess which was 2 days. I can test at work but don't know if that is acceptable. If it is 2 days, I won't get my test results before I leave if I use work.

I am RT Rome - Princess didn't go out of Rome last year. I am also worried if I have to test after every segment. Also, my last day I have a 10 hour tour and will need to pack. Will Princess test me to fly home? Do I need to bring a self test? I have heard Canadians who disembark out of FLL who are told they will be tested when they exit the ship and when they go for their test, there is none available.

Just a lot of unknowns.

Our state is giving out eMed tests and they allow for a proctored test. I just looked that up and they can go in the carry on.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

Princess site says if taking PCR test then can be 3 days but if taking antigen test then 2 days for fully vaccinated passengers

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Correct. But if you have also received a booster shot, then the antigen test can then be 3 days before embarkation. 

UPDATED: Will I need to have a pre-travel viral COVID-19 test performed prior to boarding the ship?

Yes, in accordance with CDC directives, ALL guests will be required to produce a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) result taken before embarkation. Testing requirements are as follows:

Vaccination Status

CDC Definition

Pre-Travel Test-Type

# of Days Test Must be Taken Before Boarding

Fully Vaccinated

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation

Antigen

2 days

PCR

3 days

Up to Date

Received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation

Antigen

3 days

PCR

3 days

Not Vaccinated

Not fully vaccinated

PCR

3 days

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

Princess site says if taking PCR test then can be 3 days but if taking antigen test then 2 days for fully vaccinated passengers

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Unfortunately, that is not for international travelers, which policy has not yet been issued.

2 hours ago, Coral said:

I just don't know what to expect. Country says 3 days, I was going off of Princess which was 2 days. I can test at work but don't know if that is acceptable. If it is 2 days, I won't get my test results before I leave if I use work.

I am RT Rome - Princess didn't go out of Rome last year. I am also worried if I have to test after every segment. Also, my last day I have a 10 hour tour and will need to pack. Will Princess test me to fly home? Do I need to bring a self test? I have heard Canadians who disembark out of FLL who are told they will be tested when they exit the ship and when they go for their test, there is none available.

Just a lot of unknowns.

Our state is giving out eMed tests and they allow for a proctored test. I just looked that up and they can go in the carry on.

@Coral I feel your frustration! We sail in early May and I can just see us wandering around a foreign city looking for a test site. We can not get free eMed tests. I wish! Where do you live?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, nini said:

@Coral I feel your frustration! We sail in early May and I can just see us wandering around a foreign city looking for a test site. We can not get free eMed tests. I wish! Where do you live?

Who knows what rules will be in place in a month or so . The federal mask mandate for planes and trains has only been extended till April 19. If not extended again that will mean full planes with no vaccination rules and no mask rules

Edited by memoak

2 hours ago, memoak said:

Who knows what rules will be in place in a month or so . The federal mask mandate for planes and trains has only been extended till April 19. If not extended again that will mean full planes with no vaccination rules and no mask rules

You do realize there are cruises starting in Europe in about 3 weeks?

3 hours ago, nini said:

Nebraska. I am surprised actually as we were not a heavily tested state. They signed a contract and once they started giving them out, our cases had dropped. So they are easy to get.

13 minutes ago, Coral said:

Thank you! Any Alaska plans?

Just hope I stay healthy.

I think all travelers are keeping their fingers crossed that nothing goes sideways.  Wish you all the best and lots of great memories.  Will you be posting when you return? 

Alaska 14-day out of Vancouver in June and two Alaska 7-days out of Seattle.  I will take anything Alaska at this point.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nini said:

@Coral We so LOVED Rome and Italy. Have a fabulous time!

Thank you! I will just fly in and out of Rome - I will miss it this time. I wish I could see it but with out knowing testing requirements - I am flying in the day of. Several of us from our roll call are doing such. I hate doing this but with out knowing requirements - it is what it is.

I did spend a few weeks in Rome 22 years ago (dating myself). I am excited about some of the other Italian ports though! I have not been to Cinque Terre, Pompeii or Genoa before. I have a great itinerary. I had planned a similar cruise in 2019 and had to cancel due to bronchitis. 

1 minute ago, Italy52 said:

I think all travelers are keeping their fingers crossed that nothing goes sideways.  Wish you all the best and lots of great memories.  Will you be posting when you return? 

Alaska 14-day out of Vancouver in June and two Alaska 7-days out of Seattle.  I will take anything Alaska at this point.

It is pretty port intensive - I don't know if I can do a live. I may try and update when I can. I will definitely post when I return. My pre-cruise experience has not been positive. I will elaborate on that later. There have been some glitches in the Personalizer which have driven me crazy and I have spent hours on the phone on hold. Off to call Princess again tomorrow. I hope in the end - everything is smooth onboard, everyone stays healthy and the Ukraine situation is resolved by then.

Alaska - good for you! It has been years since I have been. My friend @DougH is going for his annual visit - I don't think he has missed it in a long time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coral said:

Thank you! I will just fly in and out of Rome - I will miss it this time. I wish I could see it but with out knowing testing requirements - I am flying in the day of. Several of us from our roll call are doing such. I hate doing this but with out knowing requirements - it is what it is.

I did spend a few weeks in Rome 22 years ago (dating myself). I am excited about some of the other Italian ports though! I have not been to Cinque Terre, Pompeii or Genoa before. I have a great itinerary. I had planned a similar cruise in 2019 and had to cancel due to bronchitis. 

We went to Pompeii as well. Unfortunately, we were on Celebrity (probably never again) and we took the ship's shore excursion. Sorrento was great but Pompeii was not what we had hoped for as far as a good guided tour.

15 hours ago, Coral said:

Nebraska. I am surprised actually as we were not a heavily tested state. They signed a contract and once they started giving them out, our cases had dropped. So they are easy to get.

We live in Nebraskaa too.  Testa are easy to get even though we live in a rural area.  We have gone to an Urgent Care center for free tests.  Agtree, not heavily tested here, also no mask protocols for a long time except in medical facilities.

32 minutes ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

We live in Nebraskaa too.  Testa are easy to get even though we live in a rural area.  We have gone to an Urgent Care center for free tests.  Agtree, not heavily tested here, also no mask protocols for a long time except in medical facilities.

I cruised in December and tests were difficult to get then (lines for hours) - when omicron was high. I needed to test over a weekend which was difficult as my cruise started on a Monday. Now, tests are readily available and the tests the State gives out are from eMed and allow for proctored tests. I had to go to my County Health department to get them.

Our Urgent Care was charging about $300 for tests - it was the cost of a medical visit plus a covid test. NOMI Health and Walgreens are the best here and are free.

Where I live, we just lost our mask mandate about 3 weeks ago. 

Edited by Coral