Scissors policy on Celebrity (carry on or checked?)

CaroltheB

Can anyone tell me of a recent experience (2021 or 2022) regarding scissors or can you tell me the official policy. I called Celebrity and they said 4" or smaller was permissible but he could not tell me definitively whether checked or carryon. Appreciate it.

I've carried a small pair with me (they're 4"...remind me kids craft scissors)...I tuck them into my jewelry bag which I pack in my carry-on.  That was Edge in 2021 and more recently Reflection a few weeks ago.  They have gotten through security at the airport and on the ship.

Hope that helps.

33 minutes ago, CaroltheB said:

Can anyone tell me of a recent experience (2021 or 2022) regarding scissors or can you tell me the official policy. I called Celebrity and they said 4" or smaller was permissible but he could not tell me definitively whether checked or carryon. Appreciate it.

What you were told is correct. Put them in your checked luggage. That way no issues with the airline or the cruise line. 

I suspect the carry on or luggage check doesn't matter.   Airport security allows scissors up to 4".   I would think what would be allowed on an airplane would be allowed in hand luggage.  I personally would just drop them in my suite case to remove any problems.

On 3/3/2022 at 10:35 AM, WestLakeGirl said:

Checked or carry-on probably won’t matter. Might as well put it in the carry-on

Correct as far as the cruise goes. Has to be in checked luggage for the airline if you need to travel by air.

15 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

Correct as far as the cruise goes. Has to be in checked luggage for the airline if you need to travel by air.

Might depend on how large they are. I have traveled with small scissors in my carry on to be used with stitching projects (also small embroidery needles) for years and have never had a problem with getting them through TSA security at the airport.

26 minutes ago, vms said:

Might depend on how large they are. I have traveled with small scissors in my carry on to be used with stitching projects (also small embroidery needles) for years and have never had a problem with getting them through TSA security at the airport.

TSA confiscated my metal nail file and my little nail scissors (in Dec)