Do you ever wear heels in the evening?

jhsocal

I usually wear a flat or a low heel wedge and no, I have not worn hose in somewhere between 15 and 20 years. I really can't recall the last time I wore them. So those years are just a guess.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

LOL, what are these heels you speak of?🤣  I think the last time I wore an actual heel with size, I was dancing to Night Fever in the late 70's with a satin jumpsuit on.....I was in my late teens back then!  Had a pair of J. Renee's for my oldest son's rehearsal dinner that were amazing, a bout of vertigo ended wearing those so it's been flats since then....that was 2007.  I'm not sure when the last time I had stockings on was...probably my youngest son's wedding in 2015.  Slacks rule the day for me....at work and on cruises.  🙂  This 60 year old is doing orthopedic shoes these days, sadly.  I haven't found any nice enough for my upcoming cruise though.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I never wear tights. That's why I wear a long or midi-length dress/skirt or trousers.  As a ballroom dancer its awful wearing stockings anyways- and I hate fish nets - so I just do bare legs - and some tan (preferrably) real. 

Low 1" cuban heals these days 

I think that like bras, the comfort level of pantihose/tights depends on fit.  If the fit is right, having them on feels better than not.  But if the fit is wrong, they can all be quite uncomfortable.

The same with shoes.  For me, I need a strap, whether flats or heels.  Once I have that, and a stiff heel support, I'm good to go at almost any height.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My surgically-enhanced left ankle will not allow me to wear heels.  My tallest heel is on my cowgirl boots, and even then I can only wear for so long and then my ankle barks at me.  For work back in the day 4 years ago, I had to dress "business", complete with nylons.  Since I always wore pants, I had a few pairs of those knee-highs to go with my Danskos.  I haven't worn them since I quit that job. 

• Like 2

On 4/26/2022 at 8:14 PM, docBarb said:

I too wear heels almost every night.  I don't even bring hose/tights.  I can't remember the last time I wore a pair.  If it is so cold that I need them - then I wear slacks.

I'm the same though depending on my outfit I might choose dressy, with some bling,  flat sandals. I will also use some fake, light coloured tan on my legs when wearing dresses. I have a few small areas of spider vines and this helps hide them. I also wear slacks if weather is cold.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2022 at 12:29 PM, cb at sea said:

I used to wear heels whenever I dressed up!  No stockings in summer temps!.  However,  my poor feet can't do that anymore, unless it's a 2 inch wedge style.  Old age sucks.

Have you tried wearing a wedge or platform shoe? I can wear a high "heel" when it is a wedge or platform. I do NOT wear a traditional pump any longer. Even if I was younger (I just turned 60), I would still wear the wedge or platform shoe - they are much more comfortable.

Michael Kors makes some pretty wedge sandals in different colors. I have them in a soft gold/beige, red, black and will usually bring the gold colored on a cruise that goes with all my dresses. 

• Like 1

I'm 5'10 and frequently dizzy so I avoid traditional high heels. Finding cute shoes for the tall and clumsy can be tough. For my next formal night I am thinking of trying to find a pointy toed flat with a strap the the ankle and just my heel covered. I have a very specific look I've got in my head and I hink I've seen shoes like that out there. Usually I wear a dressy flat sandal whenever I dress up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 2BACRUISER said:

yes just bought these ❤️

AV4FphPAbJhWxU29VMvE.jpg

Those are gorgeous!! Where did you get them? Although....I love heels but these days I mostly wear wedges or platforms, more comfortable. 

3 hours ago, Janie1229 said:

Those are gorgeous!! Where did you get them? Although....I love heels but these days I mostly wear wedges or platforms, more comfortable. 

Bought them from a seller on Vinted UK  they are by Dolcis ♥️

I do wear heels of some sort every evening, typically a wedge.

I have not worn hose in YEARS. 

Couldn't tell you the last time.

I typically get a spray tan before a cruise & work on an actual cruise each day if in a warm climate.

But even if I am unable to get a spray tan before we go, I still do not wear hose.

Honestly I RARELY see women wearing hose anywhere.

• Like 1

2BA, I do love those shoes!  Having the straps makes them so flattering (and since mine always have a strap, I know that they can be just a bit loose, for comfort, and not slip off!).  Good find.  Nice color, too.

• Thanks 1

KKB, I totally agree with you on wearing hose. NOPE! I haven't worn traditional hose/stockings in a million years. However, in the wintertime I do wear tights with some dresses, usually a more casual dress. 

For dressy occasions I never wear hose or tights. 

More and more I'm buying long dresses, typically a bit on the casual side that can be dressed up or down.