The Daily for Tuesday 03/29/2022

richwmn

We were in Bristol doing some ancestry research.  While we were there they were having a spring festival which was a great time!  Someone was dressed like the tree “Bristol Jack” which dances through the streets to mark the coming of summer.  

This is my first try at adding photos - looks like I may have the tree on its side (maybe near the end of the day).

IMG_4923.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good morning and thanks for the update.

It’s another cold day here but sunny.Thursday is supposed to be warm and rainy.

The accident on I-81 was horrific, update is 5 dead and more than 50 vehicles involved. The road is still closed northbound 💔

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.❤️🙏🎉

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  We really tried to support Mom & Pop restaurants over the past couple of years, knowing how hard it was for them to keep their heads above water.  Not a fan of smoke & mirrors, and I'd love to learn to play the piano.

I think Bob Marley's quote was a little pessimistic, don't you agree?  

Well it looks like @dfish and I are sitting at the same temperature (-10C), but we've got a bonus.  Last night around 7:30 it started raining - which is a good thing at this time of year to help bring down the snowbanks.  However, overnight it got cold and oh yes, there is now about 2 inches of fresh snow on top of the now frozen rain.  The police have issued warnings about going on the streets, whether by foot or in vehicles, as everything is covered in ice.  Folks have been calling into the radio stations on their way to work this morning, decrying the mess on the highways into the city.   So glad we don't have to go anywhere!!

DH had a great report from his retinologist; his eyes are in good shape and there's nothing to worry about.  So glad, as I can't imagine losing one's sight.  Now, he just has a respirologist appointment tomorrow and hopefully that's it for a while!

@aliaschiefsorry you're still feeling stuffy, and that your nice food is being served to you on styrofoam . . . ugh.  Do you at least have glasses to drink your wine from, or are you using paper cups?

@smitty34877let's hope the intravenous antibiotics can kick Tana's pneumonia to the curb.

@mamaofamiyour new aide sounds like the angel you've been hoping for.  Keeping my fingers crossed she continues in that manner and really is a help, not a hinderance.

@Crazy For CatsI'm excited for you!!!  Will you be waving at us when we watch sail-away tomorrow?  Please tell us where you'll be.

I like today's menu suggestion, because you toss it all together and there's no fussing.  Tonight though, we'll be having something I haven't made in a while - stuffed peppers.  The ground beef is thawing in the fridge and will be put together with the rice, topped with tomato soup and baked in the oven.  Our air-fryer/toaster oven has been worth it's weight in gold, as I don't have to heat up the whole house just to make a couple of servings for us.  Stuffed peppers and a tossed salad will be what's happening on our dinner table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for the people of Ukraine and all those who are helping them.  Extra prayers also for our Daily family who are struggling.  We'll clink our glasses together to cheer on all who make up our happy list.  Be well, get your boosters, wash your hands, wear your masks when you need to, and stay safe.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Argh - gremlins!  I can't edit my post again.  My heart goes out to all those whose lives were affected by the multi vehicle pile-up on I-81.  I had to look it up on the internet, but it's absolutely heartbreaking.

• Like 25

Good morning to all Daily Friends from the Marriott Covid hotel in Ft Lauderdale . DW
Martha has not been feeling well for a couple of days and I was finally allowed to home test her and yes she is now also positive with bad head aches .
Myself I have had no symptoms whatsoever , sleep fairly well and have taken some nice walks outside in brilliant weather compared to the snow and rain that has been falling at home the last couple of days .

Our dear daughter Natascha who lives near New York is keeping an eye on us and treated us with medicines , special teas and home test kits . She is just wonderful ! 

No word from Holland America other than prompts that tonight we have a reservation in the Canaletto and a tour with them in a couple of days ……….have to catch up with the ship first I guess . .?? 

Have a great day everybody , please take care and stay safe 

Tony 

• Like 32
  • Thanks 6

Good Morning All,

We've got sun and clouds. Yesterday’s dramatic forecast for rain turned out to be a farce. We got some, not much. There were 2 very brief heavy showers. Now we have less than 10% chance of sprinkles. We really some steady rain. 

The rest of today and the week is packing and prep for our upcoming cruise. I’m going for a PCR today. And errands. 

@mamaofami Glad to hear about your new aide. 

Thinking of @kazu

@aliaschief & @DWAliaschief hope you feel better soon and are able to get out soon. My Embarkation check list now includes a trip to the Lido for utensils, to be held in trust. If isolation happens, we’ll put the cabin wine glasses and bathrobes in our stuff and move them to the new cabin. Back up plans…… 

@sailingdutchy Take care- hope Martha  feels better soon. 

Have a great day everyone!

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

Another cloudy day with 0% chance of rain....well yesterday the weather app said 0% and it rained all day.  We'll see what happens today.  Needless to say I never got into the garden yesterday and was forced to do housework 😅 will try again today.

We don't have many Mom & Pop stores around us, I don't like smoke and mirrors and my sister was an accomplished pianist.  She taught my other sister and me when we were young, but neither of us ever continued with it.  It did give me an appreciation for classical pianists though.

The quote is pessimistic, but does have a grain of truth to it.  The meal, drink and wine all sound good today.  Bath is on the itinerary of the cruise we canceled for this summer....hope to get there some day.  Thank you for the great photos Sandi @StLouisCruisers!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good morning and thanks for the update.

It’s another cold day here but sunny.Thursday is supposed to be warm and rainy.

The accident on I-81 was horrific, update is 5 dead and more than 50 vehicles involved. The road is still closed northbound 💔

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.❤️🙏🎉

How awful.  The last I had heard it was 3  so sad that we've lost two more.  After growing up in Central New York, like @ottahand7 I've traveled that route frequently for the entire time it's been in existence.  One of my thoughts is it is a dreadful place to need a lot of emergency equipment quickly, it's a VERY rural area.

No snow here but last night was our coldest night of March and I'm ready for spring.

Roy

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

@TiogaCruiserYes, when I was positive the gals went and got a couple of silverware and we took some glasses from suite. 

Everything that is delivered including coffee, teas, soups come in paper and meals are in styrofoam take out containers. Now if everyone did this before testing there could be a shortage of utensils on board.We can handle paper and styrofoam but those wooden forks and spoons are punishment but I understand. Everything that comes out of room is placed I. Plastic bags.

• Like 23

Dailyites-I miss you!  Yesterday morning was spent at DH's radiation oncologist...today was his MRI, I start a new campaign today,  and between driving, zoom meetings, training, and yes, I did binge watch Bridgerton, I am back, but just for a few minutes, as I have to walk the neighbors dog, and then go on line and start selling!!!

And of course, my eyes are half shut, I am so tired!!!!

fa3675a2263c74aa09e2d94820acb8e5.jpg

565034fa6511595906dd314aed5babe2.jpg

5cb5c335e782a6e87532d11e51cf4adf.jpg

• Like 21
  • Haha 13

Just now, USN59-79 said:

I wonder how many realize that today is also National Vietnam War Veteran's Day?  Seems a little more important than Smoke & Mirrors Day.

Ray

Good point!  I certainly knew some Vietnam war vetererans.  I thank all our veterans for their service to our country.

• Like 18

Rainy morning here in Durango, but it makes little difference to me. I am still hacking, sneezing and generally uncomfortable with my cold. Tested again and it was negative but I am self isolating for at least a week. Doing a lot of sleeping, but will have to do laundry and dishes sometime today.

We always had Mom and Pop stores near us when I grew up.... remember them fondly. And I have been to Bath many times including getting to see the Baths when they were drained for repair and all those neat Roman offering were found.

Susan

• Like 24

Good afternoon everyone.  Thanks for the daily report and lists.  Hats off to mom and pop business owners.  Be aware of smoke and mirrors.  I would love to learn the piano, wonderful instruments.  I totally disagree with Mr. Marley’s quote, what a bleak outlook.  The meal suggestion sounds very tasty.  I haven’t been to today’s destination but hope to someday.  Prayers for everyone on our list and the Ukraine.  Cheers to all of you celebrating happy events today.

• Like 19

Good morning everyone and Happy Tuesday!  I missed the last two days and am catching up with the Daily. One huge new thing I noticed is that signatures now show using my phone. They always showed on the PC and iPad but not my phone. I use my phone in the mornings so Blue can snuggle with me so having the signatures show is a good thing. 

Yesterday DM had a hearing aid appointment and will have new ones in 3 weeks. She is very eager to get them, me too because it’s tiring being her interpreter at appointments. She couldn’t even understand the audiologist and they are used to talking with hard of hearing. I find I can usually edit what they say in a different way so she understands.  I hope the new HA’s help. 

I will probably be late tomorrow because she has a dental appointment and we always eat afterwards. That’s our routine and we have had quite a few great lunches lately. Yesterday was Olive Garden and I had my favorite, Eggplant Parmigiana and she had the baked Ziti.  So, I’ll pass on today’s meal suggestion since I had a lot of pasta yesterday. 

Craig is planning a weekend trip to visit his sister, BIL, and brother, either this weekend or next. I’m going to make a few things for them to eat that he can take. 

I will celebrate Piano Day. I have a childhood friend who is a wonderful musician and pianist. She taught music and recently retired and still tunes pianos. We reconnected back in December after losing touch for a few decades. She found me through a friend of my brother. We’ve been FaceTime-ing once a month which is so much fun. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 21

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily. A salute to all Vietnam Veterans today.

I like Mom and Pop businesses, although I know they struggle these days. Smoke and mirrors are only ok in a magic show. I salute pianos; I took lessons growing up and have my same spinet piano from then, although I haven't played it in many years.

I like lasagna, when not watching carbs. Pass on the drink and wine.

I was in Bath many years ago, on my first land trip to England.

Finally some sunshine and no snow; it's 32F now. We broke a record for our lowest high temp on this date yesterday. It's going to heat up the next 2 days, all the way to 70F. I hear them working on the alley, but I don't know if it's still preparatory to paving. I don't have anywhere I must be the next day or so.

@kazu Continued prayers for Jose and you.

@aliaschief Sorry to hear you had a rough night; I hope tonight is better. I hope Sue feels ok.

@cat shepard Can you try some non-sedating antihistamine? My allergies are to grass and trees. It used to be May-June, but has moved up to April-June in recent years.

@smitty34877 I'm sad to hear that Tana's pneumonia is still there, and pray that the IV antibiotics will knock it out. I'm sure she was worn out from the trip to the doctor.

@StLouisCruisers Good luck with the eye appointment, and the roof.

@mamaofami Great news about the new aide!

@grapau27 I'm glad to hear that Pauline tested negative yesterday and I hope she feels well.

@Crazy For Cats Bon Voyage! Have a great time.

@ger_77 That ice outside sounds nastyl It's good you can stay home. Good to hear that DH's eyes are fine.

@sailingdutchy Sorry to hear that Martha is unwell and positive. It sounds like HAL has dropped the ball on following up on people it disembarked to hotels to quarantine.

@marshhawk I hope you get some down time to relax. Take care of you!

@durangoscots Susan, I hope you feel better soon!

Prayers for the Care List and Ukraine. Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

I missed yesterday and today is really short.

It is crunch time around here.  Too many things to do before we leave on Monday afternoon for JAX. You are all in my prayers that you stay safe and healthy.

I will try to post when I am able to.

Right now this is the best I can do,

God bless, 

Terri

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1