Jim_Iain – Silhouette Live Post April 8, 21, 30 - B3B - TransAtlantic, Portugal Spain, France and the Norwegian Fjords

Jim_Iain

I too have been following along since the beginning and as everyone else was shocked at your news.  From the sounds of things no doubt better that your not on this cruise as that could very well interfere with your Scotland visit.  We have learned so much from you and Jet Blue. 

Am following along as we have a similar situation coming up in July and will have to fly from Amsterdam to Barcelona and will have to test to get into the country as well as the ship.  We will be at a major outdoor concert that now has us concerned in the Netherlands.  We have held those tickets for two years now.    Now figuring a back up plan of WHAT IF?  We will have 4 lead days before embarking the ship.  Like you we are very cautious and will mask on our Alaska June Cruise. 

Thank you for sharing and so glad your doing well. 

Hi Jim!  Have enjoyed so much your blog!  Thanks for sharing. I’m curious to know if you will be in the Penthouse Suite on the Iceland trip.  If so, I may be your neighbor. We are so looking forward to this trip in August.

• Like 1

We had a small deliver of some  breakfast items and some of Iain’s favorite   Hobnobs, chocolate digestives, Battenberg Cake, cereal and of course Scones, Jam and clotted cream  

Obviously  our appetite remains good. 

D103F86C-1D85-4397-954E-AEB1CDC320C9.thumb.jpeg.60cd15819c1405b6802720ebae675824.jpeg

• Like 20

Now that my pampering has ended I checked out the kitchen.  It is so well fitted out there nothing missing.  

Every appliance you could wish for and every utensil imaginable. Even ting for toaster  

791D16FA-A46A-494A-8DE7-A186063FA762.thumb.jpeg.56c9ce66c7d48309263830614ce67358.jpeg

A washing machine 

788F2FBD-C35A-4A8D-9F03-B3E9504820D9.thumb.jpeg.73165bfdf69c303891446e55c0b5fa04.jpeg

And most important a Dishwasher. 

626F639F-2F16-4A98-AF57-5EE833A82C0D.thumb.jpeg.d0bfcb11ff43a8b51dfc4d483d152e3e.jpeg

and a coffee machine. 
3CD11546-2F2D-464B-A39A-5F459DC30AA3.thumb.jpeg.92926be868b15b5aa2bca6e26210d0ba.jpeg

• Like 9

I’m sorry to hear that Iain tested positive, too.  Hopefully his symptoms will remain mild, like yours. And just think - now you’ve both got it out of the way and shouldn’t have to worry quite so much on future cruises as you are vaxed and should have developed some antibodies. At least that’s how I hope the combination of the two will work!

Edited by carolyn22
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Now that we have more tests I forced Iain to take a test since he has also had a dry cough also since yesterday he has been saying really doesn't matter and just assumed he would test positive. 

He also tested positive.  

He also has no temperature or symptoms except a dry cough.

😔 so sorry to hear, hope it continues to be mild

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Now that we have more tests I forced Iain to take a test since he has also had a dry cough also since yesterday he has been saying really doesn't matter and just assumed he would test positive. 

He also tested positive.  

It does give you a place to start counting, although some counts from when you have no symptoms which fits the 3-5 day ranges in the US.  

Hoping you stay asymptomatic and find adventures to keep you interested as you watch the calendar and anticipate the reunion with family. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

He also tested positive.  

So sorry that lain now is positive. Sending good thoughts and prayers to you both from other side of the pond   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With a negative antigen test you will be able to fly to the U.S.    You won’t need a fit to fly certificate unless to PCR is required, and it is not.    If your antigen test is negative you can no longer spread the disease.   With the two of you sharing space on the ship, even in a RS, it was highly likely both of you would be infected.   Do you have a pulse oximeter(sp?).    I learned of several double boosted individuals that suddenly have difficulty breathing.   My sister, an MD in Philly, said it’s less likely to sneak up on you if you test your blood oxygen levels every three hours.   We now travel with one even though we have no lung issues.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

With a negative antigen test you will be able to fly to the U.S.    You won’t need a fit to fly certificate unless to PCR is required, and it is not.    If your antigen test is negative you can no longer spread the disease.   ...

I don't think that is true at this moment.  You are supposed to isolate and not fly for 5 days after your symptoms disappear.

• Like 1

Jim and Iain,

Really sorry to hear you have both tested positive. I too hope that your symptoms remain mild and you test negative in time to travel to Scotland for the visit with family.  I really love your outlook!  We've had a few vacations where we've had to adapt to the Plan B we did not plan for!  Looking forward to reading about the rest of your stay.  We leave Friday on our first ABC cruise - assuming we test negative on Wednesday!  

Take care!

• Like 1

We traveled in January. DD had her own cabin (compliments of Celebrity) but she spent a lot of time with us in our cabin. She sat next to me  every night at dinner, at the Martini Bar, we tasted each other’s drinks etc. She was positive when we got home, we were not. I even had a rapid PCR to return to work as a RN  and was negative. Hard to say how or why. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

He also tested positive.  

So sorry to hear!
Hope that you’re both feeling much better (cough-free) very, very soon.  Safe travels to Scotland. 
We’re supposed to be on the Summit late July. We may need to re-think, depending on how things unfold over the coming weeks. 

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We had a small deliver of some  breakfast items and some of Iain’s favorite   Hobnobs, chocolate digestives, Battenberg Cake, cereal and of course Scones, Jam and clotted cream  

Obviously  our appetite remains good. 

D103F86C-1D85-4397-954E-AEB1CDC320C9.thumb.jpeg.60cd15819c1405b6802720ebae675824.jpeg

Now we’re talking’ ❤️

Just checking in after a few days, gobsmacked to hear about your being evicted from the ship, as it were. I thought to say “thank you for your positive attitude “, but fearing someone might think I was punning, I will just say, sincerely, thank you for being a good role model in your behavior under what must have been a fair amount of stress. 
Hope to meet you on the 19 August cruise…

Stan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jim - so sorry to read that Iain tested positive as well - although not surprised given this highly infectious strain. Hope you both continue to be free of troublesome, uncomfortable symptoms and can enjoy the unexpected opportunity to explore your new neighborhood.

• Thanks 1

Jim, Like everyone else I am sorry you and Iain tested positive.

One thing I meant to ask while you were in isolation onboard was, how many laps around the Penthouse was 15 miles?  Hope you have been able to return to your walking routine while staying in the cottage. 

12 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

It does give you a place to start counting, although some counts from when you have no symptoms which fits the 3-5 day ranges in the US.  

Hoping you stay asymptomatic and find adventures to keep you interested as you watch the calendar and anticipate the reunion with family. 

I think we are really lucky..    I've been chatting with a couple passengers that tested positive and their symptoms included a Fever, Headaches, Body aches, runny nose etc. 

So far just a dry chesty cough for both of us.  

We talked with Iain's sister last night and told her we are still coming up but may decide to book an AirBnb instead of staying with her but will access at the end of the week depending on when we first test negative

• Like 3

Glad that you and Iain are settling into your new pad. Sorry that Iain is also positive, but hope that you both have only mild symptoms. Hope you may get a chance to explore the beautiful new forest before moving on to Scotland. 
I’m curious as to what happened to your remaining onboard credit?  You obviously had no chance to spend it all once quarantined. Was it refunded or did you lose it?   

11 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

With a negative antigen test you will be able to fly to the U.S.    You won’t need a fit to fly certificate unless to PCR is required, and it is not.    If your antigen test is negative you can no longer spread the disease.   With the two of you sharing space on the ship, even in a RS, it was highly likely both of you would be infected.   Do you have a pulse oximeter(sp?).    I learned of several double boosted individuals that suddenly have difficulty breathing.   My sister, an MD in Philly, said it’s less likely to sneak up on you if you test your blood oxygen levels every three hours.   We now travel with one even though we have no lung issues.

LOL.... I have everything except my BP cuff.   Temperature are normal for us at 97.6 - 97.9    Oxygen saturation at 99% and pulse normal.  

One thing I'm happy I have along are TheraFlu packets both daytime and nighttime.    The nighttime one are really good for sleep as they have the equivalent Benadryl in them which just knocks me out.

• Like 2