More info on Self-service in Buffets

I guess I won't get too upset over this.  I have been on 4 cruises in the last 2 months being served by crew members, and I really prefer that style of buffet.  HAL's been doing it for a very long time.

So, I'll go back to handling the serving utensils and using hand sanitizer when I sit down to eat. 

I already pick up utensils that I see people licking their fingers, or picking up food with the hands and using a utensil after that.  I just put the utensil on the other side of the food, and tell the crew member it needs to be replaced.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Liberty has never had freestyle machines, since inception; WAY before the pandemic. 

Exactly my pt. I guess you misread what I said. I asked the diamond ambassador about when they might have them and she said they dont have them because of covid. 

You said what I said. My humor gets lost on cc.

• Haha 1

If anything when you graze  (referring to large selection, not indulgence) in the WJ it should expose you to everyone else's whatever and your immunity  should be at its best it can be.  Going to all those areas, your bound to catch something.

Just saying

Edited by Lionesss

I’m glad I never worry about any of this. It’s exhausting just reading about it. And FWIW I’ve never seen anyone do all this disgusting stuff described here but I’m not monitoring everyone else either. I’ve seen kids do some questionable things but they’re kids. Still learning.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Exactly my pt. I guess you misread what I said. I asked the diamond ambassador about when they might have them and she said they dont have them because of covid. 

You said what I said. My humor gets lost on cc.

Full disclosure, my ability to “read the room” regarding humor and sarcasm online is VERY poor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I never saw crew served ice cream on the pool deck pre Covid 

I have  and so much better - rather than allowing children to make and discard several  cones before they decide that it is ''right"! - Leaving a "mess at the machine.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Interesting 

About 500 nights on board, and have always fixed my own cone up on the pool deck. 

Saw crew serving many times pre Covid.

Enchantment, Oasis, and Harmony come to mind

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I’m glad I never worry about any of this. It’s exhausting just reading about it. And FWIW I’ve never seen anyone do all this disgusting stuff described here but I’m not monitoring everyone else either. I’ve seen kids do some questionable things but they’re kids. Still learning.

People love making up problems to get worked up over

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, SeattleAl said:

Sorry to learn about this.  It was nice not having to deal with people hovering over food and  hundreds of hands (in various stages of cleanliness) touching serving utensils.   

43 minutes ago, hotsauce126 said:

People love making up problems to get worked up over

Remember,  what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  Those that lick their fingers and handle the serving spoons, pick up a piece of bread and then return it, cough as they look under the spit protecter are doing you a great service and keeping your immune system at 100%.

image.png.1de296b554f99168ef6f12587b21683d.pngimage.thumb.png.c8c28c269796f6e3e5e455a2bda7bca7.png

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just off Explorer from a B2B and the ship was sooo short staffed that the WJ buffet service was crazy ridiculous ... so glad ships are going back to self serve. Looking forward to the WJ on Harmony end of April.

• Like 3