Liberty of the Seas - interior room overlooking the promenade - yes or no?

Hello all!

There are 159 days to go until my sailing on Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston!  I can't wait to go because we had to kick this cruise from August of last year to this year - but last year we would have been on the Independence.  Anyways, when I rebooked my interior room, they placed me midsection overlooking the promenade.  I've never experienced being in this room, so my question is this:  is this a good room to be in?  Will the lights bleed in at night when I go to bed and have the curtains closed?  Will I hear any ambient noise at night when I go to bed?  I really want to change my room, but want to hear from people who have had this room and hear their experience being in it.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, trafaelwyr said:

Hello all!

There are 159 days to go until my sailing on Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston!  I can't wait to go because we had to kick this cruise from August of last year to this year - but last year we would have been on the Independence.  Anyways, when I rebooked my interior room, they placed me midsection overlooking the promenade.  I've never experienced being in this room, so my question is this:  is this a good room to be in?  Will the lights bleed in at night when I go to bed and have the curtains closed?  Will I hear any ambient noise at night when I go to bed?  I really want to change my room, but want to hear from people who have had this room and hear their experience being in it.  Thanks!

Do a google search for your cabin and see what it looks like and maybe there will be comments.

1 hour ago, trafaelwyr said:

Hello all!

The good is I had no noise from promenade. Every night the steward draws the curtains which black out any light. During the day there is a gauze curtain that would somewhat block people from seeing in that the steward changes to. 

I also did a corner aft and I will say the pillows were much bigger and fluffier on the aft. Dont know if my pictures show the pillow difference. I like them otherwise. 

Gauze curtains ...dont have a picture with the black out curtains but cabin is black, cant see with them. I was right over the cafe last week. ..sure was a come down from the aft but convenient. 

20220327_135936.jpg

20220327_135801.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, trafaelwyr said:

Hello all!

In my opinion, MUCH better than any interior cabin.  loved the window seat. sailed on the explorer.

• Like 2

Just now, want2go said:

In my opinion, MUCH better than any interior cabin.  loved the window seat. sailed on the explorer.

Agree. The one above was actually a upgrade to a non connecting lol. Most are connecting. This is considered a upgrade usually not to have the door between. Except for the pillows I liked it. Got spoiled the week before. The pillows are not fluffy. 

Another vote for the Promenade Cabin.

What deck?

* We tried it on the Liberty many years ago (when the concept was new) and enjoyed the window.

* Yes, be careful because those cabins across you...can see you.

* It used to be popular cabins because you can watch the promenade parades.

* If you have the promenade cabin obstructed by the cow...you get free Ben & Jerry's ice cream every day. (not sure if they still do this)

* Negligible ambient noise and no lights bled into the cabin when curtains are closed.

* IMHO, it's better than an inside cabin.

• Like 1

I had a promenade cabin just one time.  We are never in the cabin unless we are getting ready to go out, getting ready to go to bed, or sleeping.  We found it very annoying to be constantly opening or closing the curtains, and have not considered booking that category again.  If I had children in the cabin with me, it might be a good place to keep them entertained, but wasn’t an asset for two adults.

• Like 1

We've had 9 of the PR cabins and like them a lot. We always get one on Deck 6 across from the pub. The only time that you hear any noise is when they have a parade. They also shut some of the lights off at night so that it's not a problem at all. Just don't get one ABOVE the pub as it's noisy until the entertainer stops at around 1am. 

jd

16 minutes ago, MrCruzeaddict said:

We've had 9 of the PR cabins and like them a lot. We always get one on Deck 6 across from the pub. The only time that you hear any noise is when they have a parade. They also shut some of the lights off at night so that it's not a problem at all. Just don't get one ABOVE the pub as it's noisy until the entertainer stops at around 1am. 

jd

There are no parades any more. Maybe some day they will be back. I dont sit and people watch but just having the window I liked. 

I tried the inside and didnt like the bed placement where the sofa is like 3 inches from the bed and hard to squeeze thru to get to the phone or light beside the bed. 

I like the promenades because it was easy to walk thru the cabin. Didnt need clothes pins to have the curtains keep the room dark like mentioned above. Maybe you did in the old days not now. It's just nicer to me to be able to walk past the bed and walk around in the cabin. Bed placement. 

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

There are no parades any more. Maybe some day they will be back. I dont sit and people watch but just having the window I liked. 

I tried the inside and didnt like the bed placement where the sofa is like 3 inches from the bed and hard to squeeze thru to get to the phone or light beside the bed. 

I like the promenades because it was easy to walk thru the cabin. Didnt need clothes pins to have the curtains keep the room dark like mentioned above. Maybe you did in the old days not now. It's just nicer to me to be able to walk past the bed and walk around in the cabin. Bed placement. 

There are parades on some ships.

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

There are parades on some ships.

Really they are back? Good to know. Maybe allure this dec will have them.

Though op asked about liberty ... and liberty not back. I was on the ship op asked about last 2 weeks. So just was answering specific to the op

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

If you're ever in an inside or outside window room again, just ask the room steward to either move the bed against one wall and move both nightstands to the side you prefer to sleep on, or have them split the bed into twins with the nightstands in the middle (this is my preference).  

Having the bed split into twins gives you a straight walkway all the way from the door to the end of the room, which really makes the room feel larger.  I use the extra bed as an additional couch type area, setting out my clothes / beach bag for the next day, etc.

If the room steward leaves me towel animals even though I tell them I don't need them, the extra bed becomes my own zoo. On my B3B on Navigator in January, I had a different steward for each leg, and I had quite the personal menagerie going by the end of the last cruise.  I think the stewards were trying to outdo each other, plus they were bored stiff -- one leg my steward only had two rooms because capacity was so low!  (This was during the Omicron scare.)

If you really like the double bed, having it pushed against the wall gives you a larger walkway on your preferred side.  

And both of these methods give you two nightstands together side-by-side, so there's more surface area to set your stuff.  

This is really personal choice.  I don’t like having to keep the curtains closed all the time because even if the sheer is over the window if your light is on, and it will be, you have no privacy in a promenade room.  So we would prefer an interior.  

if you love to people watch or have kids you may enjoy it.  The couch by the window and another to the side gives a lot of seating area or if you’re messy, another place to toss your stuff.

• Like 1

If you have never lived in a city apartment where anyone across the way can see into your  apartment unless you keep your blinds closed or put up with the street noise and lights  of a city street and wish to have that experience, book an "interior" cabin on any ship that overlooks the interior open space.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your input and opinions!  In the end, I did decide to change from an interior room overlooking the promenade to one that does not.  My original room was 7613, but I got it changed to one right up at the front of the ship.  Kinda stragne, but my choice of room has now changed four times!  Originally, we were supposed to sail on Liberty on 8/29/21 and my room was 6109 (interior at the front of the ship).  Then the ship was changed to the Independence for the 8/29 sailing and I was assigned an interior room near the rear of the ship.  We kicked our cruise from 8/29 to this year due to my mother's allergies and I was given room 7613.  So, the upside to all this is that I'll be getting a refund for the difference between the two rooms.  Now....should I get a Royal Up email - which I'm thinking might be pretty slim since we'll probably be back at 100% capacity - I can use those refunded $ to bid for a better room (hopefully a balcony!).  At any rate, I'm really looking forward to my 9/11 sailing!

• Like 1

I think you made the right choice.  Dear friends decided to try one of those on Freedom once.  They hated it.  Though it looks pretty with the extra light and the bench seat with view over Promenade...it was like living in a fish bowl.  Had to keep curtains closed most of the time.  

Would not be a cabin I would choose...ever.  

• Like 1