You do not have permission to view this topic.

Sprocket

Got an alert that someone reacted to a post that I replied to and when I clicked on it the above is what came up.  Not sure why and of course now I can't see the original post.  Wonder if the original post was deleted by the mods for some reason.

11 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Got an alert that someone reacted to a post that I replied to and when I clicked on it the above is what came up.  Not sure why and of course now I can't see the original post.  Wonder if the original post was deleted by the mods for some reason.

I'm not sure in your case but sometimes, it is as simple as logging off and logging back in.  That's been my experience.  

• Like 2

Just now, Sprocket said:

I'll try that thanks!

I hope it works for you.  It usually happens when I get a notification via email after being off of CC for a period of time.  I go in via the email link and get that notification.  

I had the same thing happen.  A topic was closed and, if you read the notice at the top of the "You don't have permission" page it said something about reading the Covid Discussion rules. It was a topic that violated the CC rules regarding that type of discussion. The title of the topic made it pretty clear it was a violation.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I'm not sure in your case but sometimes, it is as simple as logging off and logging back in.  That's been my experience.  

Agree, good fix.  This happens to me with some frequency, especially if moving to different forums.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sprocket said:

It is because you posted in a topic that CC deleted for some reason and before they did, someone replied to your post which generated an alert email to you.  By the time time you received the email and clicked on it to pull up the thread, it had been deleted and so you get that error message.  Your guess is exactly what happened.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It is because you posted in a topic that CC deleted for some reason and before they did, someone replied to your post which generated an alert email to you.  By the time time you received the email and clicked on it to pull up the thread, it had been deleted and so you get that error message.  Your guess is exactly what happened.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was deleted actually.  But thanks for confirming what happened, and just to clarify the post had nothing to do with Covid.

53 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Not necessarily true. Can’t tell you how many times I have gotten that same message and I can access things even if they were deleted by another moderator or anything. 
I sign out and sign back in and that usually clears up the situation. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Wouldn't surprise me if it was deleted actually.  But thanks for confirming what happened, and just to clarify the post had nothing to do with Covid.

This is not confirmed what happened! I get that same message. 

And sometimes threads are hidden because the OP requests it to be. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Not necessarily true. Can’t tell you how many times I have gotten that same message and I can access things even if they were deleted by another moderator or anything. 

Agree - it can be a temporary thing, but I do know a topic I received an email about was removed.  I usually make a second attempt at access.  (Often many of us can tell a topic is going to have a short life before it is axed just from the content).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Didn't work for me, it appears to be gone.

Just now, Steelers36 said:

Agree - it can be a temporary thing, but I do know a topic I received an email about was removed.  I usually make a second attempt at access.  (Often many of us can tell a topic is going to have a short life before it is axed just from the content).

Sometimes the OP asks that the message is hidden. And if that happens as they started the thread, the whole thing goes away. 

3 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

This is not confirmed what happened! I get that same message. 

And sometimes threads are hidden because the OP requests it to be. 

True on last sentence.  My post stated the thread "deleted for some reason".  IDK if they are actually deleted or whether you guys archive them as hidden.  To us users of CC, they appear to be deleted.

Edited by Steelers36

I am not sure which thread was deleted.  

My thread was recently deleted and I did not request it.  I did not receive any notification.  I did not think I violated any Covid Policy.  I apologize if I did.  Not important to me since the first 20 or so replies were off topic anyway.

Received the same notice.  Poof and gone.  

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Sometimes the whole thread has been deleted; sometimes just your post or the post replying to it has been deleted. 

• Like 1

And there are also times when you get a notice (including a reacted to notice) and the thread is still there but your post or the reply is not that you will be taken to the thread but not find the post when it has been taken off the board.