Grand Suite

10 minutes ago, rfs7306 said:

I just received my upgrade to Grand Suite do I need to pick a time for boarding again or will the time I already have be ok. Will I need to book a time at all.

Congrats! Was this the Royal Up?

• Thanks 1

Yes it was Royal up. Went from a aft balcony to 2 Bedroom Grand Suite. Balcony in grand suite is not as spacious but having 2 bedrooms and 2 Bathrooms and having some extra privacy I'm happy. I am taking this cruise with my daughter for Mothers Day. We planned this for 10 years.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rfs7306 said:

Yes it was Royal up. Went from a aft balcony to 2 Bedroom Grand Suite. Balcony in grand suite is not as spacious but having 2 bedrooms and 2 Bathrooms and having some extra privacy I'm happy. I am taking this cruise with my daughter for Mothers Day. We planned this for 10 years.

Which sailing?  I am patiently waiting for our Royal Up.

30 minutes ago, rfs7306 said:

I just received my upgrade to Grand Suite do I need to pick a time for boarding again or will the time I already have be ok. Will I need to book a time at all.

How far in advance did you get the offer?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rfs7306 said:

Please explain what you are saying. Is this only for Diamond members or Elite?

Suite Guest have access to the Concierge Loung or Suite Lounge, depending on the class of ship you are sailing on.  There are usually free beer, wine, and well drinks for a couple of hours each afternoon/early evening in these lounges. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rfs7306 said:

Please explain what you are saying. Is this only for Diamond members or Elite?

I think they are conflating the Suite Lounge with the Diamond lounge. 

Guests who are staying in suites such as your Grand Suite have access to a lounge which is known as the Suite Lounge or Concierge Lounge (depending on the ship). In this lounge during happy hour you will receive free drinks and hors d'oeuvres. 

Guests who are in the Crown and Anchor Society and have a level of Diamond or higher have access to a Diamond Lounge. They receive free drinks in the Diamond Lounge during happy hour. However the Diamond Lounges were getting too crowded so they started giving the members vouchers which are good at most bars on the ship. Originally the vouchers were only good during happy hour, now you can use them any time. Diamond members get vouchers for 4 drinks and Diamond Plus members get 5 drinks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, itaaameeehello said:

anybody ever get a royalup when the ship appears to be fully sold out?

Yes - the inventory you see may not be the complete picture and lots of things can happen in the last week before the sailing to free up more inventory.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, rfs7306 said:

I hope you guys have a wonderful time.  I think you will be pampered and that's a good thing.  Cheers

I won a RoyalUp recent for a cabin that was sold out until like 2 weeks prior. When we got on board there was all sorts of medical equipment staged in the room. Of course then I wondered what kind of tragic event caused the original occupants to have to cancel

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, NSXCRUISER said:

Slightly different question.  We're in a GS and will be visiting Coco Cay. Does anyone know if there's a private suite area like in Labadee?

No suite area- However I would suggest that you book the Royal  Beach Club.  It costs but so worth it.  Great food and comfortable seating.

• Thanks 1