Princess Medallion

9 hours ago, leck57 said:

Thanks for the quick reply. So......doesn't that mean you could just upload any photo of any negative RAT test? In other words a waste of time.

Or am I missing something.

The more important part of the procedure is that you have to attest to the fact the test was negative. This is a legal declaration. If, for instance, the person was found to be ill with COVID when they arrived at the terminal, there could be legal repercussions, although it would be very difficult, if not impossible, for anyone to prove that the person knowingly concealed a positive test.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The more important part of the procedure is that you have to attest to the fact the test was negative. This is a legal declaration. If, for instance, the person was found to be ill with COVID when they arrived at the terminal, there could be legal repercussions, although it would be very difficult, if not impossible, for anyone to prove that the person knowingly concealed a positive test.

Thanks, although I doubt any legal stuff would stick. You could just say you were clear when you did the test but must have got the virus after that. Impossible to prove otherwise I'd say. Very strange to see the different requirements between countries. Anyway, I'm pleased that I don't need to arrange a supervised test before our cruise.

11 hours ago, leck57 said:

Cheers. Pleased I didn't miss anything when I read it. I probably asked because after what we had to do just last month for our UK cruise, the requirements here seem incredibly lax. I'm sure many that test positive would just keep quiet. 

Something to be considered should you wish to NOT report that you are Covid positive......I would definitely prefer to be close to my local medical support/hospital  rather than a medical centre on a cruise ship should my Covid illness become serious.  And personally I would not knowingly endanger other cruisers on the ship.   I find that behaviour shameful. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CCC's said:

Something to be considered should you wish to NOT report that you are Covid positive......I would definitely prefer to be close to my local medical support/hospital  rather than a medical centre on a cruise ship should my Covid illness become serious.  And personally I would not knowingly endanger other cruisers on the ship.   I find that behaviour shameful. 

I am sure most feel the same way. You currently get a FCC to the value of your fare, and there is no point being sick on holidays, so I would think most people would choose to delay their cruise until they are well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CCC's said:

I agree with you but I'm surprised testing requirements are so lax. We certainly had better checking measures in place for our recent UK cruise. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Expo67 said:

Just noticed on the Cruise Critic main page has a notice about the Medallion Masters Team fielding questions this week and there is a link to ask questions. 🤔

We could drive them daft with our off topic questions 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We filled in all our particulars with the medalion app but our covid certificates won't load, perhaps it is still too early

I scanned ours with iPhone notes app and I think it saved as pdf. It will all be ok

in embarkation. Bring printed copy, our check in lady said it’s easier for them then digital version

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

We filled in all our particulars with the medalion app but our covid certificates won't load, perhaps it is still too early

It isn't too early. They have been tough to load for many. I was able to find the file on my phone and uploaded it OK. For my wife, my phone wouldn't scan her certificate QR, but I tapped the screen and it bought it up as QR code only and it was able to load.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Yeah, tried numerous times and versions but always 'pending'.

Pending gets you into the terminal with a green line, where you can show the certificates on your phone or paper copy. Even though uploaded to their system, it seems like someone needs to manually check to approve, and they are happy to do that in the terminal.

45 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Pending gets you into the terminal with a green line, where you can show the certificates on your phone or paper copy. Even though uploaded to their system, it seems like someone needs to manually check to approve, and they are happy to do that in the terminal.

I gave up when the uploads kept saying pending. It was no bother ar the terminal, we just showed the printed copy of our vaccination certificates and attested to the negative RAT. Very easy and quick.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I gave up when the uploads kept saying pending. It was no bother ar the terminal, we just showed the printed copy of our vaccination certificates and attested to the negative RAT. Very easy and quick.

That maybe what we end up doing

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Is the attest audual or written??

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Is the attest audual or written??

Just take a photo of rat test result which they may or may or ask for, they will prob just ask if you tested negative. They didn’t ask us anything on 16 june

35 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Like what Colour is the medallion... is it safe..... what is an App

DO you get a G&T with one ????    the mind boggles...

Don now with G&T

The Medallion is just like the card only less easy to carry around.

The Medallion app helps the checking in process and the onboard experience easier.

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

Like what Colour is the medallion... is it safe..... what is an App

DO you get a G&T with one ????    the mind boggles...

Don now with G&T

Classic Don, yes what is an App I do not own one.

Yes I do know what an App  is it is part of an Apple.......  like a french one without the "le"

Like some worked with computers doing CAD and system Admin for the CAD system for 25+ years

but only have a dumb phone......   and I like cruise cards....

the only real thing I like about new tech   is my 4k 65"" tv with a 5.1 surround sound system

and it doesn't even make a G&T

Does anybody use hammer and nails anymore ??

Don   who is getting older