Ovation requires muster check in before ordering drinks👍

Don't recall seeing this on Anthem in April, but we did our muster check in first thing, (along with confirming SR dining plans and getting internet set up) so it was a little later in the day when we first reached a bar.  There were a number of passengers ahead of us during the day in terms of drinks in hand, however.  So perhaps they, too, had completed muster or that policy was not in place.

Will be on Allure in June and will let you know if it is in effect then.

That all being said, I think that is not a bad plan!

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Anyone catch @graphicguy Live where he mentioned this? 

Any other ships doing it?

Great idea in my opinion 😁

Read that on his review an think it's brilliant.  I hope it follows to all ships.  The incessant reminders to get the muster done on embarkation day are annoying.

• Like 7

Great idea.  Allows everyone to attend at least somewhat sober (depending on what they did before boarding) and ensures that people are more likely to do it.  It's so easy.  I don't understand how it's so difficult for some to comply.

Of course, those of us that stood outside in FL humidity wearing a lifejacket waiting for the stragglers  probably have a different perspective than new cruisers lol.

Edited by BND
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

Now they need to ensure the muster check-in stations are open when boarding starts and not an hour or more later which is often the case.  I'm sure the bar management will see that it happens.

• Like 4

Personally I love this idea.  Gets the point across and after all priorities, priorities right.  Keep the tap turned off until the muster is done.  I bet bar staff will jump right in to assist as their tip revenue will be on hold until the muster is done also.

59 minutes ago, BND said:

Great idea.  Allows everyone to attend at least somewhat sober (depending on what they did before boarding) and ensures that people are more likely to do it.  It's so easy.  I don't understand how it's so difficult for some to comply.

Of course, those of us that stood outside in FL humidity wearing a lifejacket waiting for the stragglers  probably have a different perspective than new cruisers lol.

That was the idea I had....make the stragglers do the "old muster" set up.  Then see how they "muster up" in a timely manner the next time.  😉 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BND said:

I remember (sort of) getting soused on WooWoo's prior to muster back in the day. Monarch of the Seas.

Good times. 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Anton said:

Now they need to ensure the muster check-in stations are open when boarding starts and not an hour or more later which is often the case.  I'm sure the bar management will see that it happens.

Haven't found that to be an issue yet 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anton said:

We boarded by 11 am on both HOTS and EN b2bs and muster stations were up and running.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I remember (sort of) getting soused on WooWoo's prior to muster back in the day. Monarch of the Seas.

Good times. 

Yes, Woo Woo's can definitely sneak up you you. They sound harmless enough, but oh boy...

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Good times. 

Monarch also had the best Upper Tier party as we pulled into Nassau!  Great drinks (11:30 am was perfect for those Bloody Marys!) , good munchies, and even sushi!  🙂 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BND said:

We boarded by 11 am on both HOTS and EN b2bs and muster stations were up and running.  

I'll find out about the HM Sunday but both Mariner and Indy didn't open the Muster until noonish-

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Anyone catch @graphicguy Live where he mentioned this? 

Any other ships doing it?

Great idea in my opinion 😁

Not Surprised, took 4hrs get everyone to Check in on 2 of my April Cruises. Capt came on multiple times saying we were not Sailing until everyone completed it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Anton said:

Agree, I was there before they were one week.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Good times. 

I remember people getting really pissed off when they were told they couldn't bring drinks to muster back in the day.   

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I'll find out about the HM Sunday but both Mariner and Indy didn't open the Muster until noonish-

Booked late...have late check in at noon.   Probably perfect timing for Mariner muster tomorrow.  🙂 

• Like 1