Please check the prices of all of your current bookings

On 5/27/2022 at 1:38 AM, Merion_Mom said:

That's usually me, but this time, I won the Price Drop Lottery!

Thanks for the heads up MM. Did not win the price drop lottery this time. Cruising in August on the Oasis.

15 hours ago, pcur said:

We should all listen and do what Mom says.  I've had 1 price drop for $99, and 1 inside-to-balcony upgrade for $3.

Mom knows best............................

That's the best $3 you'll ever spend! What a deal!

5 hours ago, mspink98 said:

That's the best $3 you'll ever spend! What a deal!

It could have been better, but RCCL can never "see" the price I'm looking at on their web site.  It was actually about a 50 cent difference in price from the inside to the balcony.  But, I am NOT complaining, but explaining.......

I've definitely noticed the price of our cruise drop significantly, however we are booked in a spacious interior (family of 5) so how can I check to see if the price for that category has dropped without calling all the time? 

We're booked for our first Royal cruise and I had a related question. We booked in May for a cruise in 2023, so CWC doesn't apply, and the price difference for refundable vs non-refundable deposits was enough that I booked non-refundable.

If the price declines can I still call in and get the discount or would I be out of luck due to the non-refundable deposit? Ok either way, I just won't bother watching prices if non-refundable. But if I can get a discount or OBC I'll be a bit diligent in checking...

6 hours ago, Bizaro86 said:

If the price declines can I still call in and get the discount or would I be out of luck due to the non-refundable deposit?

Price drops apply to NA bookings, regardless of deposit type.

• Like 1

Yesterday I booked an 8 night cruise on Anthem of the Seas for me, my wife and our 2 kids sailing Oct 29th and it was an incredible deal we got for an Ocean View room guarantee with a promo code, resident discount and the kids sail free deal. We just had to do it. I am excited. Our first cruise since Oct 2019 and our first on Royal Caribbean. I will check periodically but I do not think the price for me will drop any further. 

• Like 2

M'Lady, you just saved us $600!!!!!!  That's whopping!!!!!

See people, it pays to post on CC.  Some good friend is always looking out for ya!

Thanks, Merion Mom!🥰

And all I did was call RCCL and ask for an adjustment, didn't even make a mock booking!  The rep was terrific.  She did a price match inquiry and came back with the reduced fare.  We've had this one booked for a year almost.  Easy Peasy  Unfortunately, the Wonder cruise has gone up, but ya never know.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Price drops apply to NA bookings, regardless of deposit type.

Thanks! I just checked and it's ~$500 more than when we booked. I'll continue to monitor regularly. 

That does bring up a somewhat related question. When I was checking I noticed a stateroom I'd prefer has become available. It is in the same class (ultra spacious ocean view) as my booking. 

Can I switch rooms without repricing? I'd prefer the other room, but not for $500. Can I do so online or do I need to call?

7 hours ago, Bizaro86 said:

Can I switch rooms without repricing? I'd prefer the other room, but not for $500. Can I do so online or do I need to call?

Depends on how that cabin was actually categorized. Even though it may appear to be in the same category from the description, it may have a configuration that sleeps more people, or be in a different area of the ship. The key is the number/letter combination. For example, on Wonder the balcony cabins with oversized balconies are 3D and 4D - one of which sleeps two, and the other sleeps up to 4. If you try to switch from a 3D to a 4D, they will reprice. Also, if you are on a different deck or in a different location on a given deck, the price may be different. We have one cruise currently booked on deck 7. If we want to switch to the exact same cabin on deck 8 (3D to 3D in the exact same location), the price/pp goes up by ~$100

On 6/5/2022 at 11:34 AM, latebuyer said:

Sorry just to clarify i was on hold withe agent. He had a lot of trouble making it refundable. I don’t want to go through that again,

I asked for an "adjustment" not a refund, that's a whole nother ball of wax.

On 5/28/2022 at 12:43 AM, Merion_Mom said:

Um...........NO.

I think this is true.  I just copied this from the website's Best Price Guarantee Form (fine print at the bottom).

All Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee claim forms must be submitted on-line within 48 hours of reserving your cruise and verified by Royal Caribbean in order to qualify for the onboard credit.  

On 6/5/2022 at 12:39 PM, cruisegal40 said:

Ours is up $639.00 from when we booked back in February. And it looks to be getting pretty full.

Our 2 cruises in 2023 are up $350 and $300 from booking last April.

It was a refundable deposit rather than non refundable deposit. He switched it to non refundable and then it took an hour to make it a refundable deposit again. My booking dropped 10.00 but i just don't want to go through the hassle again.