Please check the prices of all of your current bookings

On 6/5/2022 at 2:25 AM, Bizaro86 said:

We're booked for our first Royal cruise and I had a related question. We booked in May for a cruise in 2023, so CWC doesn't apply, and the price difference for refundable vs non-refundable deposits was enough that I booked non-refundable.

If the price declines can I still call in and get the discount or would I be out of luck due to the non-refundable deposit? Ok either way, I just won't bother watching prices if non-refundable. But if I can get a discount or OBC I'll be a bit diligent in checking...

You can get a reprice for a refundable or non-refundable deposit.   You can do reprice up until 90-day final payment date.    After you make final payment if there is a price reduction you would get OBC.

3 hours ago, kikitaz said:

I think this is true.  I just copied this from the website's Best Price Guarantee Form (fine print at the bottom).

All Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee claim forms must be submitted on-line within 48 hours of reserving your cruise and verified by Royal Caribbean in order to qualify for the onboard credit.  

What most of us are discussing in this thread are prince drops, not price matches - those are two different things, with different policies - your quote there is about price matches.

• 2 weeks later...

Did RCL change their re-price policy? The last 2 reps I've reached have said the displayed website price only applies to new bookings and I am not eligible for that rate since I already booked. Something about Cruise with Confidence does not apply to these 2023 sailings. 

1 hour ago, dcivk44 said:

The last 2 reps I've reached have said the displayed website price only applies to new bookings and I am not eligible for that rate since I already booked.

Call again - while it is true that you are not supposed to get drops if the sailing is designated as new bookings only, usually you can get the drop anyway.

2 hours ago, dcivk44 said:

Did RCL change their re-price policy? The last 2 reps I've reached have said the displayed website price only applies to new bookings and I am not eligible for that rate since I already booked. Something about Cruise with Confidence does not apply to these 2023 sailings. 

I'd call again. Both times I've now called after seeing the price drop they happily changed it, no questions asked by the agent. This may help, too, because I wanted it to be clear to the agent when I called what I was asking, I said, "I have a reservation and I saw the price online is now lower and I'd like to take advantage of the Best Price Guarantee."

I'm not saying it was in your case but maybe your phrasing to the agents wasn't clear when you asked so they got confused?

On 6/6/2022 at 7:44 PM, kt2e said:

What is the easiest way to check if you cruise price has dropped?  Do you go to the RCI website and go through the booking process each time?  Thanks in advance 

I just have my ship's sailings page bookmarked on my phone browser. When I open that page it automatically displays the lowest price date and you can click to see all dates' prices.

6 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Yes...I check my bookings regularly and it feels good to see what great deals I got booking when the schedules were released...Rarely do they qualify for a reprice.

Thanks better way of looking at that none of my prices seems to be dropping. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, dcivk44 said:

Update: I called again and got the new prices. But the reservation update also removed my partner’s C&A info and the NextCruise OBC. I got it all fixed, but what a hassle. 

I have booked 3 cabins and the price drop had been about $ 700 on 2 of them about $ 300 on one. Have fully paid and have called my TA 3 times now and they said they had sent a request to RCI and are awaiting response. When I called yesterday I had been told that I will hear from RCI before end of the day yesterday. NOTHING. That is a lot of money I am losing here, since I am the one paying. Have also already prepaid for all the excursions. Just now finished booking excursions for a WC with Costa and their prices for some of the same excursions are lower then RCI. Not happy with Royal Caribbean at all! Just sent them a message but not holding my breath. Had previously contacted them concerning check-in and never heard back from them.

2 hours ago, renza said:

If you booked after March 31, 22 and your final payment has happened you can’t get the new price unless you booked refundable. 

You can’t get price drops inside final payment with refundable either (outside of CWC). 

On 5/26/2022 at 3:24 PM, Merion_Mom said:

There are LOTS of prices dropping like iron anvils right now.  I am not going to make a list of specific sailings; just check all of yours

Unfortunately ours has gone up $536 since we booked 3 weeks ago - Ovation OTS, Oct 15, 2023.

On 5/27/2022 at 1:39 PM, ARandomTraveler said:

I finally got a computer to work (had to use a non-apple device and used Google chrome web browser).

My price drop was only $46. I wasn't going to bother but figured I'd call and if they picked up in less than 10 minutes it would be worth it, and if it took more than 10 minutes I'd hang up. 

They picked up quickly and got the price adjusted and sent me the new invoice in 10 min and 20 seconds. 

Just checked my cruise price (for the second time today) and there was an unexpected price drop (it's a holiday sailing and the price has been the same since May).

I called crown-and-anchor (closed), called the regular 800#, but once I selected the option for "I booked this cruise on the website" it told me they were closed. 

Called again but this time selected the "I booked this cruise over the phone" option and surprise surprise, they answered right away 🙄.

Got another $182 savings (for a total of $228, which pays for one of our refreshment packages, so I'm happy with that. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Just checked my cruise price (for the second time today) and there was an unexpected price drop (it's a holiday sailing and the price has been the same since May).

I called crown-and-anchor (closed), called the regular 800#, but once I selected the option for "I booked this cruise on the website" it told me they were closed. 

Called again but this time selected the "I booked this cruise over the phone" option and surprise surprise, they answered right away 🙄.

Got another $182 savings (for a total of $228, which pays for one of our refreshment packages, so I'm happy with that. 

I always select "book a new cruise."  They always answer THAT one.  😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I've got 2 sailings and the pricing just seems to Yo-Yo up a few bucks, then back down to my original price. The pricing on both (Oct 2022 and June 2023) has never dropped below my original booking price.  

I figured that with fuel prices, the costs are only going up from here - either that or they will drop in a fuel surcharge sometime in the future.  

I just have one booking currently, for this coming September, that I booked on board Harmony last September. In all this time the price has never once dropped below what we got it for and is currently just under $1,200 higher!

so I will never book through an agent again. Had contacted them about the pricedrop 3 weeks ago, nothing, had called 3 times and last thing was being told that Royal Caribbean themselves will get back to me last Friday. Today I called Royal Caribbean reservations and group-reservations and was told that I had to contact the agent. Called the agent again and sent them screen-shot from June 6th - sorry no more cabins at that reduced price available any longer so nothing we can do for you. So they dragged their feet for 3 weeks and I am paying the price. Not impressed. 

1 minute ago, BVILady said:

so I will never book through an agent again. Had contacted them about the pricedrop 3 weeks ago, nothing, had called 3 times and last thing was being told that Royal Caribbean themselves will get back to me last Friday. Today I called Royal Caribbean reservations and group-reservations and was told that I had to contact the agent. Called the agent again and sent them screen-shot from June 6th - sorry no more cabins at that reduced price available any longer so nothing we can do for you. So they dragged their feet for 3 weeks and I am paying the price. Not impressed. 

Wrong TA. Find a good one.