$100 Non Refundable a Deal Breaker For Me

24 minutes ago, nelblu said:

it only applies to CWC FCCs, but e-mail does not indicate or have further notes or disclaimers

Effective June 1st, 2022, all unredeemed Future Cruise Credits will be treated as follows:

• Cruise with Confidence FCCs will no longer expire, providing your clients with endless flexibility! Though our systems will continue to require a noted expiration date, we will automatically extend this date to one in the far future – ensuring that these FCCs will never terminate.
  • Global Sailing Suspension FCCs will also offer increased flexibility! The portion of the FCC value that represents 100% of the cruise fare paid on the original reservation will no longer expire. The incremental 25% bonus value, however, will maintain the current expiration date noted on the Future Cruise Credit and will remain active until this point. Be sure to encourage your clients to redeem this portion of the FCC before the expiration date or such funds will become inactive and can no longer be used towards a future sailing.
  • All Other FCC Types remain unchanged and will continue to enforce the expiration date noted on the Future Cruise Credit.

46 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I just love these threads when Royal institutes a new policy and everyone reads their own meaning of what it is😇

Is there a link on their website.

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

you misread my statement. If you book any cruise, with or without a refundable deposit if you change or cancel there is a fee of $100 PPeven on a refundable deposit. A family of 4 would loose $400 even before final payment date if they need to change dates or cancel.

Absolutely, 100% WRONG 

You understand what “refundable” means, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Either you loose the $100 if you change or cancel OR you pay an "extra" for the refundable "insurance". Both ways cost you at least $100 out of pocket that is a deal breaker for me. 

Then don't cruise, but stop whining about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

As a single person, i somewhat understand where the op is coming from. I dislike paying double fare and the fact singles can’t book guarantees. However ultimately i need to remember royal caribbean is a business and does things for business reasons and i’ve chosen to still cruise despite these annoyances. 

38 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

I don't really think its that different with any other cruise line so i guess you've chosen not to cruise.  Thats your choice. I also don't think its always 100 extra for refundable.

not all lines have non-refundable deposits and some have very low deposits -one I have on another line for next year is fully refundable until final payment date (Jan for May cruise). Now I just wish all cruise lines would make final payments due closer to the cruise

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Either you loose the $100 if you change or cancel OR you pay an "extra" for the refundable "insurance". Both ways cost you at least $100 out of pocket that is a deal breaker for me. 

It's your decision. If it's a deal breaker for you than move on. They're giving you a discount for non refundable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, orville99 said:

Then don't cruise, but stop whining about it.

Got a better idea, I booked with Princess Cruises who doesn't have any fee's for cancelling before final payment and allows air changes or cancelling up to 45 days before sailing. As a suite booking passenger RCL no longer works for me. RCL has a good product but not a good booking policy for my wallet  so I'm  walking with my wallet intact.

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Got a better idea, I booked with Princess Cruises who doesn't have any fee's for cancelling before final payment and allows air changes or cancelling up to 45 days before sailing. As a suite booking passenger RCL no longer works for me. RCL has a good product but not a good booking policy for my wallet  so I'm  walking with my wallet intact.

Hope you enjoy Princess. We stopped sailing with them years ago. Just didn't like the product.

4 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

As a suite booking passenger RCL no longer works for me.

I thought all the suite bookings were non-refundable.  (At least I don't recall getting the option)  I just looked at my upcoming cruise and it says non-refundable deposit.

16 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Not all of the suite amenities are the same on Princess as RCL.  That being said, I have been sailing both RCL and Princess long enough that I could make a long list of what I like about each over the other, and what annoys me about each that the other doesn't do.  You'll probably develop your own list over time.  While RCL does a lot more nickel and diming, has harsher money-losing policies and seems a bit more greedy between the two, Princess tends to take the opposite negative approach.  They let you keep more of your money and have a lot more ways for you to not spend so much, but they'll be a lot more stingy with what you do get.

13 hours ago, Cigar King said:

I thought all the suite bookings were non-refundable.  (At least I don't recall getting the option)  I just looked at my upcoming cruise and it says non-refundable deposit.

That's what I thought.

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Why, United let's me make changes without a fee.

I assume this is a Covid Policy?  I usually fly American and they also allow changes with no fees.  That was a policy change during Covid and I would expect at some point they will remove it and begin charging for changes again.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Wow, that’s news to me. Is that leftover Covid policy, or standard United policy? I have never flown United 

Maybe under the Mileage + program.