We are removing redemption and sail-by date parameters from your Future Cruise Credits!

chamima

I jst received the following email from Celebrity. My question is that my FCC is from a cruise I cancelled so there is no 25% bonus. So does my FCC ALSO receive the unlimited sail by change?

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Valued Guest:

It’s the official start to summer and we’re entirely focused on providing the best, much-needed vacations at sea.

We want to ensure that you are able to join us, traveling when you are ready and able to.

That’s why we are so pleased to share with you that, as of today, we are removing redemption and sail-by date parameters from your Future Cruise Credits!
Here are some additional details:

The portion of the FCC value that represents 100% of the cruise fare paid on your original reservation will no longer expire.

The incremental 25% bonus value that was provided will expire on the original expiration date or on 12/31/22, whichever is later.

FCCs remain combinable.

We’ll keep your expiration date in the system as-is, so you know when to use your bonus. Then the day after your current expiration date passes, your credit will be updated to reflect the new value and the never-expiring extension. Your FCCs will be automatically updated to reflect these new terms.

It is our sincere hope that this adjustment provides you full flexibility to book your next Celebrity cruise vacation and from a wider selection of sailings.

Should you have any questions, please reach out to us here.

This is just one of many ways we are focused on delivering the best experience for you and we can’t wait to welcome you aboard!

Celebrity Cruises

Dear Valued Guest:

It’s the official start to summer and we’re entirely focused on providing the best, much-needed vacations at sea.
We want to ensure that you are able to join us, traveling when you are ready and able to.
That’s why we are so pleased to share with you that, as of today, we are removing redemption and sail-by date parameters from your Future Cruise Credits!
Here are some additional details:
The portion of the FCC value that represents 100% of the cruise fare paid on your original reservation will no longer expire.
The incremental 25% bonus value that was provided will expire on the original expiration date or on 12/31/22, whichever is later.
FCCs remain combinable.
We’ll keep your expiration date in the system as-is, so you know when to use your bonus. Then the day after your current expiration date passes, your credit will be updated to reflect the new value and the never-expiring extension. Your FCCs will be automatically updated to reflect these new terms.
It is our sincere hope that this adjustment provides you full flexibility to book your next Celebrity cruise vacation and from a wider selection of sailings.
Should you have any questions, please reach out to us here.
This is just one of many ways we are focused on delivering the best experience for you and we can’t wait to welcome you aboard!

Celebrity Cruises

I received this email and now am wondering if we do have an FCC from a January Equinox cruise   which we cancelled last fall. Will check my account on Celebrity and be pleasantly surprised if an FCC is there!

53 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

So, per Street article price drop inside fp date gets me a non-refundable obc.  Is this new?  Don't remember them giving me anything once inside fp. 

No, it's the same as the old price match program. It only applies for 48 hours from the initial booking. The Best Price Guarantee program that lets you get an adjustment up until 48 hours from departure is part of Cruise with Confidence and only applies to cruises until the end of September. It's the same on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. 

Those FCC need to be expedited quickly, not taking 30-45 days.  I guess those RFD fares, especially for suites, are going to increase even more, but of course supply & demand may regulate those prices.  Just because some of us book a lot of cruises does not mean that we cancel those.  I actually go on my cruises, along with my choice of cabins, but I would hate to have NRD cruises booked and get a serious illness that does not allow me to cruise.  

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

I received this email and now am wondering if we do have an FCC from a January Equinox cruise   which we cancelled last fall. Will check my account on Celebrity and be pleasantly surprised if an FCC is there!

Where would you see this in your online account?

4 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Where would you see this in your online account?

Well, it isn't in my online account, nor is it in the warehouse TAs online account. That cancelled cruise was booked with the NRD from a previously cancelled cruise that was booked onboard by a friend so I figured the $200 was gone, but after receiving the email, maybe not? I did email Celebrity but no reply as of yet.

1 hour ago, 1960Travel said:

WE also have FCC left in USD amount..Would this be able to be used towards a booking made in CAD on the Canada site..

Thank you 

My FCC's have been applied in Cdn $$s to a cruise but our cruise was paid in Cdn dollars and our CVP applied them.  If you booked online and paid in US $$s, then key in  the certificate number in the FCC box indicated and see if it converts to Cdn.

Edited by Oceangoer2

On 6/1/2022 at 1:26 PM, TMLAalum said:

Where can you normally see your FCC on line?

Thanks

On 6/1/2022 at 1:26 PM, TMLAalum said:

They send them to you by email.  Ours have never shown on-line.

if you booked with a TA they also get that info.

Edited by jelayne

I thought we would lose the FCC end of this year as we were still not planning to cruise this year.   This is a good move by Celebrity as we would have try a different cruise line next year if we have no FCC left.

Have you see this--- Latest news from Celebrity Cruise Line regarding the Future Cruise Credit.  As of June 3rd, Celebrity is removing the Redemption and Sail-by date parameters from your FCC.  You will also receive a 25% bonus value.  Great news from Celebrity!  😎

40 minutes ago, Pickels said:

Have you see this--- Latest news from Celebrity Cruise Line regarding the Future Cruise Credit.  As of June 3rd, Celebrity is removing the Redemption and Sail-by date parameters from your FCC.  You will also receive a 25% bonus value.  Great news from Celebrity!  😎

I am surprised they completely removed the expiry date as I believe they have to carry these as a liability on the books.

As far as the 25% bonus.  What the change specifies is any 25% bonus FCC you may have received for a Celebrity cancelled sailing retains the original Redemption/Sail-by dates.  Once those dates pass the FCC will be re-valued to 100% and you will lose the 25% bonus.

What I haven't seen is if FCC's which have already gone past the Redemption date are still valid now.  I believe most of the original cancellations had to be redeemed by May 31, 2022 with sail by Sept 31, 2022.

On 6/2/2022 at 3:56 AM, prish said:

What if you’ve booked a cruise using FCCs and now want to cancel, does the FCC get reinstated? I have some $300+ leftover which was valid till May end, is it reinstated now? 

This is a really good question.  We did the same.  After we cancelled we got our refundable cash deposit back in a week or so.  But where is the FCC that we had applied?  Is it the same number(s) as before?