Why doesn't Celebrity have coffee makers in their verandas?

fstuff1

2 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Perhaps you should consider following my DW's approach.  She has me deliver coffee to her whenever she wants coffee.

What happened to ipeeinthepool acct?

My DH is like "Ipee". He brings me my coffee from Cafe al Bacio every morning! although on last September's Alaska cruise, I was up so early I joined him there.

This thread has me musing about a disadvantage of taking the no-perks option- we'd have to add the cost of our morning coffees into the equation. We could consider requesting a kettle and if so, would bring Starbucks Via; when staying in European timeshares which do not provide a US-type coffeemaker, we've found this to be a better option than instant Nescafe.

9 hours ago, twodjs said:

I apologize - I was wrong. For our upcoming cruise on the Solstice in a Celebrity Suite, the website lists "complimentary in-suite specialty coffees". After reading other posts, I watched a video of our suite. No coffee maker. Certainly a disappointment at this pricepoint. But still happy to be cruising again.

That’s means you can have your Butler bring it and there is no extra charge.😊

11 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

No, I can not stand drinking their room service coffee…..it’s terrible!

The only place I like is Cafe Al Bacio.

just took a look at the aero press.  Looks good.  Might consider it……thanks!

one question:  so you got room service hot water to use the aero press?

was it hot enough to make good coffee?

I haven't done it yet. September will be my first time.  The person who recommended it said it was wonderful for the cruise he brings it with him and his husband.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Every cabin on Silhouette from Southampton has a kettle and tea and coffee in it.

Apart from Oceanview and Cafe el Bacio there is also the secret coffee station on Silhoutte midship,handy for those on the deck 6/7/8 hump.

50404583-3BD1-4A27-9395-7C0AF19AE6B9.jpeg.c386f266dd74f9787c5f8f0682048736.jpeg

The Hideaway

Is it operational again? It wasn’t last summer.

On 6/6/2022 at 4:56 PM, fstuff1 said:

I was on Apex in both sunset veranda and Aquaclass (doing a b2b).

No coffee maker.

I enjoy waking up, making coffee and drinking it in my balcony in my pajamas.

I dont want to get dressed and goto the spa cafe or the buffet just to get coffee. (I don't eat breakfast to cut down on weight gain on cruises.)

NCL has coffee makers in their balcony cabins. 

Why doesn't Celebrity?

I agree with you.  Royal has Lavazza K-Cup coffee makers in their suites.  I wish Celebrity did too.  You can call for room service and they will deliver pretty quickly, especially if you hand a few $$'s as a tip.  

However, several years ago I was lucky enough to buy a travel coffeemaker, not a press, an actual coffeemaker that when not put together measures no more than 5 inches by 4.  It makes a good cup of coffee and we've taken it many places. It has an automatic shut off.  I wish it was still available, I found one a couple years ago on EBay for a friend. There are others similar to it on EBay now, hopefully this link will work:

Quick Cafe Portable Travel Coffee Maker White Model With Cup Untested | eBay

17 hours ago, twodjs said:

I apologize - I was wrong. For our upcoming cruise on the Solstice in a Celebrity Suite, the website lists "complimentary in-suite specialty coffees". After reading other posts, I watched a video of our suite. No coffee maker. Certainly a disappointment at this pricepoint. But still happy to be cruising again.

Not to worry, we always schedule our Retreat host (butler) to bring us coffee every day at 7:00 am. I always hand them my prepared list of simple requests on day 1.  Specialty dining, spa appointments, pressing, etc...

Cheers,

Kimberly

• Like 1

I would suggest these options for anyone wanting coffee without leaving the room

A)  ask your cabin attendant or butler if they can bring you a coffee maker when you meet them on day 1.

B)  If that's not an option - maybe a kettle + instant coffee is an option.  I was able to get a kettle + tea when we were in quarantine in a regular room after being in a suite - so even in a regular room, a kettle is available.

C) if you don't want to pre-order coffee -- we ordered coffee only (no food) when we woke up several mornings in both regular cabins and in a suite.  In the suite, it was really fast service (about 10 minutes of ordering).

Edited by ehall

I guess I would ask why ask why? It is what it is. You've gotten many good answers for how to make do.  And most medical experts say skipping breakfast is one of the worst ways to lose or try not to gain weight in case you aren't aware. Your body your choice but since you brought up the topic.... enjoy your cruise 

Edited by phoenix_dream
  • Like 2

I don’t want the following in my SR since Im on vacation: coffee maker, French press, espresso machine, waffle maker, hot plate, iron, teapot, more than 2 bottles (ok, 4 now) of my own wine, toaster, personal snacks, mixes/gin/whiskey/rum to make my own cocktails, cases of Any water or soda……(you can add as you wish). 

I go on vacations to other places including cruise ships to try different things, not bring my habituals. My idea is to experience things a bit different and I’ll survive not drinking my ‘favorite’ coffee, tea, soda, wine…..ok, I won’t do That list again. 

On a South American cruise I got introduced to Pisco Sours; in the UK tried black pudding and survived; in many ports, loved ‘whatever it was’….

kind of the point….for me. 

den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 3

On 6/6/2022 at 7:50 PM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I'm on vacation.  The last thing I want to do is make coffee. Even with a French press you have to deal with the coffee grounds. The machines in the upper suites only make expresso type coffee, not for me.  Bring me room service coffee, half and half, and real cups and I'm happy. 

It gets worse. There’s people who do laundry on cruises

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Wakepatrol said:

It gets worse. There’s people who do laundry on cruises

Whaaaaat?!?! You do realize this means this thread will now go on for another 186 posts!

Den

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Every cabin on Silhouette from Southampton has a kettle and tea and coffee in it.

Apart from Oceanview and Cafe el Bacio there is also the secret coffee station on Silhoutte midship,handy for those on the deck 6/7/8 hump.

I have sailed from there and there was no kettle , tea or coffee

8 hours ago, Denny01 said:

I don’t want the following in my SR since Im on vacation: coffee maker, French press, espresso machine, waffle maker, hot plate, iron, teapot, more than 2 bottles (ok, 4 now) of my own wine, toaster, personal snacks, mixes/gin/whiskey/rum to make my own cocktails, cases of Any water or soda……(you can add as you wish). 

I go on vacations to other places including cruise ships to try different things, not bring my habituals. My idea is to experience things a bit different and I’ll survive not drinking my ‘favorite’ coffee, tea, soda, wine…..ok, I won’t do That list again. 

On a South American cruise I got introduced to Pisco Sours; in the UK tried black pudding and survived; in many ports, loved ‘whatever it was’….

den

Exactly!!!   I like to expand my horizons.. get out of my ruts.. a vacation from my habits

19 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

i've been on silhouette b2b for 20days total.

i've never seen this!

where exactly is this 'hump'?

Edited by fstuff1

12 hours ago, Denny01 said:

den

What do you mean survived black pudding????

Its the food of the gods.

Cheek. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, DarrenM said:

What do you mean survived black pudding????

Its the food of the gods.

Cheek. lol

You must be referring to Apate, the goddess of deception!  

den

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, upwarduk said:

The Hideaway

Is it operational again? It wasn’t last summer.

Hello,

Covid negative test result tomorrow permitting, I'll find out on Saturday.

I always travel with (ground) coffee bags (Percol, Lyons, Taylors) and first thing in the morning let it brew whilst taking a shower. I use Lavazza beans at home and they are fine - the pods for the Lavazza machine on RCI taste bitter.

Regards,

Cublet

And here I sit scoffing a bit at those who wish to enjoy their daily habits, as I make my morning double-strong coffee with steamed milk, make our standard breakfast and feed the cat her snacks she insists on and cry’s if I don’t get up early enough for her!

when I was in the Navy, it seemed every port had a Brit Pub, full of British tourists and Expats…..I’d scoff that here they were leaving home and even living away from their ‘norm’ and congregating at a Very British Pub…..I’d then step out and see my sailors all in line at the local McDonalds….oops. I think having a Pub in Napoli is much better than what ‘we’ve’ infected the world with, those fast food spots. At least Prague had local beers at their McDonalds….I saw it just walking by, I swear!

I now search a bit in cities I’m visiting for ‘American’ bars. Many of them, especially Amsterdam and Prague, are 1920’s style bars. So authentic that I expect to see Sydney Greenstreet step out wearing his white linen suit with a panama asking ‘do you have the Bird?’…..Amsterdam had a jazz band going.  Just fun. 

Den

Edited by Denny01

We were  on HAL in April for a transatlantic.   HAL has a coffee maker in the Neptune suites.    We were in a Sky Suite in January and there was no coffee maker.  If you do find a coffee maker in your suite, I suggest you ask for a cup of vinegar and run that through the coffee machine with a cup of water prior to using it.  Then do it again with plain water.  I did that on HAL and the concierge was amazed and said she will do that before she uses a hotel, etc coffee maker from now on.   After doing that I used it only once.  The coffee is just not hot enough for us.    

12 minutes ago, thepoint said:

We were  on HAL in April for a transatlantic.   HAL has a coffee maker in the Neptune suites.    We were in a Sky Suite in January and there was no coffee maker.  If you do find a coffee maker in your suite, I suggest you ask for a cup of vinegar and run that through the coffee machine with a cup of water prior to using it.  Then do it again with plain water.  I did that on HAL and the concierge was amazed and said she will do that before she uses a hotel, etc coffee maker from now on.   After doing that I used it only once.  The coffee is just not hot enough for us.    

hm.. never thought of viniger/water mix,

for ncl and land hotels with coffee makers in room, i just run once with just water before making my coffee for the rest of the stay.