Live report for Coral Princess 16th June

42 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Most of the speshul people don't seem to bother anymore, and only the rooly speshul people can be bothered it seems. But they are still doing it.

I wasn't meaning to drag up the past here from a whole 2 months ago, but just wanted to note that a Princess tote bag was on our bed the night before our first port. I don't know in your case if they had run out, but we felt speshul to get one.

For anyone starting to poke around here recently looking for tips on Coral, this topic is a good starting point and a great read.

Ah yes, but do they still have those speshul Princess PENS in the cabin???  I hope so, I'm down to my last 2! 😟

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, LC1950 said:

Ah yes, but do they still have those speshul Princess PENS in the cabin???  I hope so, I'm down to my last 2! 😟

From recent reports, no spethial pens, note pads, or  choccies on thepillows. Worst thing tub chairs gone from cabins, but they went ages ago. Minis and deluxe cabins still have the sofas.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

From recent reports, no spethial pens, note pads, or  choccies on thepillows. Worst thing tub chairs gone from cabins, but they went ages ago. Minis and deluxe cabins still have the sofas.

What will they do away with, when all the special things are gone?

1 hour ago, LC1950 said:

No speshul Princess pens. I wanted to write a thank you note for our steward, but couldn't. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

What will they do away with, when all the special things are gone?

The Princess Medallion, but is that really spethial? Get back to ye olde cruise cards.🤣For they are spethial.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

The Princess Medallion, but is that really spethial? Get back to ye olde cruise cards.🤣For they are spethial.

Medallion is super duper speeshool. After just a day aboard learning to drive it, I don't want to do it any other way. Some friends are 50/50 about Princess, some things are good, some are poor, but they have all said that medallion is a game changer for them.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Medallion is super duper speeshool. After just a day aboard learning to drive it, I don't want to do it any other way. Some friends are 50/50 about Princess, some things are good, some are poor, but they have all said that medallion is a game changer for them.

I agree, its so worth it. No more trying to pull out your cruise card for others to handle it, being able to find others in your group, and the door of you cabin been unlocked as you approach, are just some of the benefits

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stki said:

I agree, its so worth it. No more trying to pull out your cruise card for others to handle it, being able to find others in your group, and the door of you cabin been unlocked as you approach, are just some of the benefits

And drink package treats make their way to you, without you having to give them your card. We pre-booked our dining before boarding, but you also have the option of doing it from anywhere on the ship when you decide you are getting hungry.

For those without a smartphone, you can still do everything the old fashioned way, and you still don't need to hand it over to get a drink or take it out to unlock your door.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

My screen was frozen ..... touched and swiped down , up , right , left .....nothing  . Had to manually open door using the handle.

Oh, did you get a cabin without an automatic door opener? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Oh, did you get a cabin without an automatic door opener? 

You actually do have to turn the handle anyway from memory! It just unlocks with medallion not actually opens.

19 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

You actually do have to turn the handle anyway from memory! It just unlocks with medallion not actually opens.

The door handle on our cabin was so stiff that the door often re-locked before I could get it open 🥴

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

We loved the ease of ordering & planning everything on the Medallion.  It was great to be able  to crew chat reception to ask a question,  no lining up to get it answered. 

Do we really need chocolates after all the food options. If you want something chocolate based like cake or a really rich gf chocolate mousse just order it on the app, they will bring it to wherever you choose.

Our tote bag was hanging in the wardrobe. 

I can't wait to cruise on Princess again.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

We loved the ease of ordering & planning everything on the Medallion.  It was great to be able  to crew chat reception to ask a question,  no lining up to get it answered. 

Do we really need chocolates after all the food options. If you want something chocolate based like cake or a really rich gf chocolate mousse just order it on the app, they will bring it to wherever you choose.

Nooooo! DO NOT SAY THAT!!! I have been very carefully trying not to be tempted by that idea! Especially since I discovered the Princess Love Boat Dream pairs beautifully with the Merlot on the Plus wine list.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

YES we do....

We need them to take home, and store in the fridge, and dole out like gold to the grandkids....😁

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

But Geoffrey...I am technologically disadvantaged, no i phone or smart phone, I don't want one.  Therefore the medallion is not compatible with my equipment, lol.

Surely a dinosaur Elite like me could procure a cruise card?

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

But Geoffrey...I am technologically disadvantaged, no i phone or smart phone, I don't want one.  Therefore the medallion is not compatible with my equipment, lol.

Surely a dinosaur Elite like me could procure a cruise card?

You don’t NEED a smart phone. You can just treat the medallion that same as a cruise card and go to the bar for a drink etc.  

For those of us who like technology, it surely increases our on board experience! I love it and am hesitant to book other lines now (previously, I booked based on dates & itinerary, now I REALLY want the Medallian experience all the time). 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mtn_couple said:

You don’t NEED a smart phone. You can just treat the medallion that same as a cruise card and go to the bar for a drink etc.  

For those of us who like technology, it surely increases our on board experience! I love it and am hesitant to book other lines now (previously, I booked based on dates & itinerary, now I REALLY want the Medallian experience all the time). 

But you have to load the app thingy to do all the covid stuff etc and that is all a mystery to me.  Just call me dumb, I left SKOOL when I was 14.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

But you have to load the app thingy to do all the covid stuff etc and that is all a mystery to me.  Just call me dumb, I left SKOOL when I was 14.

No you don’t. You can do it all on a web based version.  Log onto your Princess account and there’s a web link if you’d prefer to do it on a PC (as shown below)

62B633CA-9055-43AF-AEF6-009E510D6443.jpeg

Edited by mtn_couple
Added image
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, mtn_couple said:

No you don’t. You can do it all on a web based version.  Log onto your Princess account and there’s a web link if you’d prefer to do it on a PC (as shown below)

62B633CA-9055-43AF-AEF6-009E510D6443.jpeg

Many thanks for that...am hunting around for my 20th Princess cruise.

• Like 2