In Stateroom Movies

wdblake

6 hours ago, wdblake said:

Does anyone know what in stateroom movies are being shown (not MUTS). Sailing Discovery on Sunday!

MUTS movies shown at night are generally the newest ones & are added to the in-cabin list the next day. However despite being told that would happen in April on Discovery it did not happen. Hopefully by now they have corrected the problem to have newer movies available in-cabin. 🤞

They're not all old. We watched The Lost City which is a 2002 Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum movie on our cruise in May. We also watched No Time To Die which is a 2001 James Bond movie.  I can't remember what else was in the "fairly new" category but I know there were others we didn't watch because we had either already seen them or weren't interested in them.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

They're not all old. We watched The Lost City which is a 2002 Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum movie on our cruise in May. We also watched No Time To Die which is a 2001 James Bond movie.  I can't remember what else was in the "fairly new" category but I know there were others we didn't watch because we had either already seen them or weren't interested in them.

I don't know about this. Are twenty year old movies "fairly new?"

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, antsp said:

I wouldn't say 'very' 

Well they did have sound. 😄

14 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

MUTS movies shown at night are generally the newest ones & are added to the in-cabin list the next day. However despite being told that would happen in April on Discovery it did not happen. Hopefully by now they have corrected the problem to have newer movies available in-cabin. 🤞

Same on the Enchanted. The MUS movies that used to play in the cabin the next day were not shown again. I wouldn't even considerer those as newer. 

I'm beginning to think it's another cutback to save money. 

We sailed in May. Some of the movies  were Belfast, Spencer, Respect, No Time to Die, Eyes of Tammy Faye, the 355, The Father, King Richard,  Dune and West Side Story. Those are the ones I remember. Plenty of movies from 2021 and 2022

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The last cruise we were on was in Mar/April 2022.

There were no movies from 2022.

There were 7 movies from 2021 out of around 30 or presented.

Out of the 2021 movies one was only for kids (Godzilla vs Kong),

3 we had already seen, leaving 3 new to us and 1 was of no interest.

That leaves only 2 movies for 30 days (only shown once on MUTS only) and unless you wanted to watch them on MUTS (which I don't really prefer) you were out of luck.

Recently cruised on Emerald around British Isles and movies that were shown were West Side Story, The Father, Belfast and No Time to Die all fairly recent releases in the UK. I think purely on cost and nothing to do with pandemic but dont expect to see brand new movies that have only just been released on a cruise ship.

37 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

The last cruise we were on was in Mar/April 2022.

There were no movies from 2022.

There were 7 movies from 2021 out of around 30 or presented.

Out of the 2021 movies one was only for kids (Godzilla vs Kong),

3 we had already seen, leaving 3 new to us and 1 was of no interest.

That leaves only 2 movies for 30 days (only shown once on MUTS only) and unless you wanted to watch them on MUTS (which I don't really prefer) you were out of luck.

Excuse me but as adults we loved Godzilla vrs. Kong

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Discovery in March.  We were pretty impressed with the large variety of free tv programming.  Lots and lots of movies, sure, some not so new, but there were newer ones and we like watching oldies anyway.

The shows on MUTS, on the otherhand were horrible and also the times they were shown in the evening made it impossible to eat, see the main show and go to a movie.  

Even more content was added the last day of our inaugural cruise.

3 hours ago, memoak said:

Excuse me but as adults we loved Godzilla vrs. Kong

3 hours ago, minikiss said:

Would defiantly not describe it as a kids film!

but agree with Memoak we loved it and would watch again.

Maybe young adult category would fit better. 

I am not a Godzilla fan, especially when they play it on MUTS. 😖

I guess they can't please everyone. 😄

3 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

We were on the Discovery in March.  We were pretty impressed with the large variety of free tv programming.  Lots and lots of movies, sure, some not so new, but there were newer ones and we like watching oldies anyway.

They're all "new" to us. We rarely go to the movies. IIRC the last time we went to a theater was approx 5 years ago.

4 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

They're all "new" to us. We rarely go to the movies. IIRC the last time we went to a theater was approx 5 years ago.

it was either the original Cars or Frozen for us 🦄

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Maybe young adult category would fit better. 

I am not a Godzilla fan, especially when they play it on MUTS. 😖

I guess they can't please everyone. 😄

We are in our 70’s   For some I guess that is young 

On 6/17/2022 at 1:25 PM, MissP22 said:

There old.

Very old if you're accustomed to the latest releases on DVD's. 

Latest releases on DVD???  Do people still use DVDs!  I wouldn't know where to even get one.  😀