Favourite martini

sunlover33

Hi Everyone seen lots of post about the martini bar and martini drinking in general which seem to be a very popular pastime while onboard. I’m a whiskey and red wine drinker normally but may branch out on this cruise to try some martinis. Are there any particular martinis you would recommend based in my usual drinking habits or any martinis that are a must try? 

Raspberry lemonade martini! I always say I am going to try all the different ones on the menu but as soon as I order raspberry lemonade I don't want to try anything else. I have to remember to try all the others then the raspberry.

Laura

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sunlover33 said:

Hi Everyone seen lots of post about the martini bar and martini drinking in general which seem to be a very popular pastime while onboard. I’m a whiskey and red wine drinker normally but may branch out on this cruise to try some martinis. Are there any particular martinis you would recommend based in my usual drinking habits or any martinis that are a must try? 

I drink red wine and whiskey too.

But I really enjoyed the 3 G Martini a X bartender made for me when I told him I didn’t care for Martinis. 🍸

I like the traditional gin and dry vermouth martini and its variations.  Celebrity offers a few types and all are very good.  Like the London Dry.  Many people these days prefer vodka over gin but that is their choice.  Not really a martini although many would disagree with me.  Whatever you like is the way to go. 

• Like 3

As a whiskey drinker, I am going to assume that your dram is poured neat or on the rocks, with no bastardizing of the original whiskey flavor. As a red wine drinker, I will assume your pour is without ice cubes, sprite, sunflower seeds, gummy bears or other contaminants.

Variations on the original martini are many and the very sweet versions shown on this thread are very pretty and very popular. Dawg's post #6 recommends a Hendricks gin martini only, you might want to give lots of thought to the Fresca...lots of thought.

At the risk of incurring Dawg's ire and being considered a sissy, here is my recommendation and it is simple. Unflavored Ciroc or Belvedere vodka, splash of dry vermouth and float a lemon twist, straight-up. Ain't fancy but it's good. 

I am not saying you should not try whatever martini version sounds good to you. Just don't wait until the last minute to try the one mentioned in the next to last paragraph. By the way, you can also get your dram of whiskey or pour of red wine at the Martini Bar. Cheers!

• Like 2

We have tried a few martinis, and on our recent cruise, we discovered the Eurekatini, which is fresh and not too sweet, not too strong. My wife and I really enjoyed this "new for us" Martini.

In my taste, the type of Martini that I choose, will depend of the moment of the day: mid-afternoon, immediately before dinner, after dinner or later in the evening.

But, I have to admit that I have yet to taste at the Martini bar, a cocktail I did not enjoy! 

46 minutes ago, cachouonacruise said:

We have tried a few martinis, and on our recent cruise, we discovered the Eurekatini, which is fresh and not too sweet, not too strong. My wife and I really enjoyed this "new for us" Martini.

In my taste, the type of Martini that I choose, will depend of the moment of the day: mid-afternoon, immediately before dinner, after dinner or later in the evening.

But, I have to admit that I have yet to taste at the Martini bar, a cocktail I did not enjoy! 

Can't say it any better than that. Lots of influencers on what we eat and drink and how we be merry.

• Like 1

I don't understand how you can call all these "foo foo" drinks martinis.  The most foo foo drink I like is a cosmopolitan because I was told my gay card would be taken away if I didn't drink them.  I like a simple olive & vodka martini (not dirty).  I tried blue cheese olives recently but I'm not a fan of them in a martini.  I'm usually a scotch and wine drinker.  😁

• Like 3

I have to confess that I pretty much go with Hendricks and a vermouth rinse. I'll vary between olives and a twist of lemon.

And I find it criminal when I order a dry martini and am asked what vodka. This never happened to the other fella! (OHMSS)