Princess calls me just one day after emailing execs.

CineGraphic

12 hours ago, gvre said:

Yeah agree… seems like he is the guys screaming get off my lawn..32 Princess cruises and enjoyed them all!!

In what world does everyone have a great cruise just because you do?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TwoBadKnees said:

Maybe smoke drifting from the bow to a lot of balconies is why smoking areas were moved to the stern. May have had a lot of complaints.

As people who have had front facing balconies have posted, when at sea the wind is too high to be out on that balcony.

Similarly, for the crew the wind would be too high to smoke out in the open on the bow while the ship is at sea.

58 minutes ago, caribill said:

As people who have had front facing balconies have posted, when at sea the wind is too high to be out on that balcony.

Similarly, for the crew the wind would be too high to smoke out in the open on the bow while the ship is at sea.

When I said bow and stern smoking, I was talking about the far forward (and far rearward) side smoking areas, not the very front (bow) or very rear (stern) of the ship. It's hard enough to open those front facing exterior doors because of the wind. They even close off those doors when it's real windy.

I believe the drifting smoke from the forward side smoking areas affected a lot of balconies, causing the smoking area to be moved towards the rear of the ship where far fewer balconies would be affected.

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2022 at 6:39 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

well, I don't know. People will always find something to be unhappy about, no matter how trivial or serious.

Well that is a point I can't argue.  I'm happiest when I'm unhappy.  Might be a good song in there!  Haha

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 5:37 PM, Steelers36 said:
  • ot meeting marketing hype over the MedallionClass App and DineMyWay.  
  • Saying one thing and it not at all being the case on the ships.
  • Leaving many people up in the air with no access to cruise registration for months on end until releasing a web version of part of MedallionClass App.
  • Endless System and data integrity errors and still some persist over a year after launch.
  • Inability to staff and train to meet renewed cruise demand (granted this is an industry-wide issue, but PCL is particularly hampered by all kinds of issue calls due to their failed systems implementations).
  • Lack of documentation and clear publishing of policies and procedures around things like MedallionNet, Dining reservations, OBC as refundable or not.

I appreciate some find these to be non trivial issues and I do not mean to invalidate their feelings. I on the other hand do not find even one of these things to be an issue or even something I care about. I am pretty sure I’m not alone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In 81 days of sailing since the restart anything that wasn’t quite right with respect to the ap was quickly rectified once I got to checkin or on the ship. I’ll be back sailing this fall for another 41 days and I will set up things in advance as I can but I won’t worry about it if the ap fails to cooperate.  

If things are different on the ship than advertised, well I just adapt as needed to continue having a great cruise. 

Show up with your docs in order, smile and talk nicely to crew…..they will bend over backwards to make everything right

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Were the emails sent to the Execs simply their names followed  by princesscruises.com?  

After a disasterous cruise (not due totally to COVID but in part) I wanted to let Princess know what went wrong.  After finding previously used email addresses were no longer accepting emails  I sent copies of the same letter to Southampton and Santa Clarita Customer/Guest Relations.  The Santa Clarita letter has been waiting to be delivered since 26 June! which makes me wonder if they do not accept letters originating from the UK.

I had said in the letter if I got no response to some specific questions posed I would post excerpts on here  and then progress to social media if necessary.  They apparently haven't had the letter but now want to step it up.  We do have another cruise booked with them and a FCC but after this experience we have serious doubts we will sail with Princess again.  I had always said how good Princess were but am now at the stage of telling people not to book with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbeckett said:

Were the emails sent to the Execs simply their names followed  by princesscruises.com?  

Jan Swartz jswartz@princesscruises.com

Collin Steinke
Director, Customer Relations
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
csteinke@princesscruises.com

Mario Siebaldi
Senior Vice President Guest Experience
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
msiebaldi@princesscruises.com

• Thanks 3

On 7/18/2022 at 5:44 PM, CineGraphic said:

Main address I used:

Jan Swartz Group President of Holland America Group      jswartz@princesscruises.com

I also CC'd the following:

Mario Siebaldi Senior Vice President Guest Experience      msiebaldi@princesscruises.com

Collin Steinke Director, Customer Relations       csteinke@princesscruises.com

Thank you for mentioning my closed link on the medical emergency which occurred on 9 July.  I had taken your suggestion to email all those people, not even the courtesy of a holding email from any address.  Emailing GuestRelationsUK@princesscruises.co.uk did get a reply "Sorry we are so busy it will be a long time".

Princess UK share premises with P&O UK.  A contact who works for the latter went to see if anyone was available to pass a direct message to and found the department deserted ...

On 7/18/2022 at 6:04 PM, Steelers36 said:

I had not heard of this issue lately and was thinking they had the crew back smoking below decks - or wherever it was before.  Such as what's wrong with the bow area perhaps?

On my other thread I started about this topic (to try to get the most up-to-date info), it seems that it is still happening.  I believe someone posted that had disembarked the Emerald July 9(or thereabout) that it was an ongoing issue.  According to others who had been onboard and 'experienced' the smoking issue the crew used to go to an interior room to smoke but Princess moved them so they'd have more space to social-distance.  [insert eye-roll]    

I'm happy to be corrected about this whole debacle--that the issue has been permanently rectified by Princess and is not longer affecting those who have staterooms in the aft portion of the ship--so if anyone has anything more up-to-date, feel free to tell me.  

• Thanks 2

On 7/19/2022 at 9:14 AM, CineGraphic said:

We had a good cruise on the inaugural and the second sailing of the Discovery Princess but I know there were others that did not. Just because one person has a great cruise doesn’t mean that the next person has the same experience.  Not sure why people don’t understand this.

On 7/18/2022 at 8:25 AM, CineGraphic said:

And that's why we're forking our hard-earned cash over to someone else for a change.

I will happily spend my money with a company that gives me what I paid for, instead of one that is cutting back to stay afloat. The "Princess Treatment" is rubbing me the wrong way right now, and the product is sub-par.

Its what we are doing, my comments above notwithstanding.  Like the car buying supply chain issues, I dont see the mass market brands improving services to top tier much until 2024.

On 7/19/2022 at 1:32 PM, Eaglecw said:

I e-mailed the higher ups at Princess yesterday concerning my problem with my vanishing Future cruise credit deposits. Lets see how long it takes for them to respond.

It's been 10 days since I e-mailed the higher up at Princess, still no reply. They must all be on vacation.

• 2 months later...
On 7/28/2022 at 4:48 PM, Eaglecw said:

It's been 10 days since I e-mailed the higher up at Princess, still no reply. They must all be on vacation.

After 81 days and countless phone calls and e-mails to management at Princess I finely got my FCC problem resolved. The customer service rep reinstated both my wife’s missing FCC and mine. If I hadn’t persisted I’m sure nothing would have happened.  

On 7/18/2022 at 6:39 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

well, I don't know. People will always find something to be unhappy about, no matter how trivial or serious.

So getting someone else's pre-touched appetizer from another diner's table would be hunky dory with you?

On 7/19/2022 at 9:14 AM, CineGraphic said:

A common problem:  if I'm right then everyone else is wrong.  I think there is a medical term for the condition.

Thank you so much for rattling the Princess cage, CineGraphic.  I have no hope this will change anything, but at least someone there acknowledged you.  I am very tired of the covid excuse.  I was on a HAL cruise in the spring, and there were no problems to speak of.  They delivered the cruise they promised.  It can be done.  My friends returning from Carnival tell me things are running pretty smoothly there, too.  If Carnival Corp can do some things right, why can't they fix Princess?

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Kay S said:

Thank you so much for rattling the Princess cage, CineGraphic.

We sail with Virgin Voyages in 9 days, and the pre-cruise treatment has been so nice, that we're already planning on purchasing some future cruise credits from them.  The current deal is a $300 deposit per cabin, and they give you $600 OBC. They've already matched our status with Princess by giving us free premium wifi, a bottle of Moet, VIP boarding, a concierge, $10 per day for specialty coffees, a private sail-away party, and some laundry.  

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 7

55 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

We sail with Virgin Voyages in 9 days, and the pre-cruise treatment has been so nice, that we're already planning on purchasing some future cruise credits from them.  The current deal is a $300 deposit per cabin, and they give you $600 OBC. They've already matched our status with Princess by giving us free premium wifi, a bottle of Moet, VIP boarding, a concierge, $10 per day for specialty coffees, a private sail-away party, and some laundry.  

Enjoy your selves.  Sounds like a very good deal.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Thats a good status match and booking bonus.  Maybe it's time to venture out to the greener pastures.     I hope you let us know about the experience when you return from that trip.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Isn't it amazing how excellent treatment brings about repeat business while treating the customer badly does the opposite. You would think that that would be a basic tenet for any business.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, dweeb said:

Thats a good status match and booking bonus.  Maybe it's time to venture out to the greener pastures.     I hope you let us know about the experience when you return from that trip.

how bout a live from thread ? 

• Like 2