I love a good potato chip

otownfins

Anyone know why potato chips are next to impossible to find on Celebrity ships?  I enjoy snacking on potato chips while having a drink before dinner when I'm home and wish I could do the same while cruising.  Some of the bars will provide snacks (pub mix at the martini bar, a bread stick at celler masters,  etc) but nowhere even in the Oceanview cafe can one find a nice, salty, crisp, tasty, potato chip.

6 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Not just Celebrity, that happens on many ships. Keeping them crisp and fresh is nearly impossible at sea.

Oasis-class ships always have individual bags for grab-and-go in the Park Cafe. It does suit the "theme" of the venue, but if they can do it there, it's certainly not impossible at sea.

• Like 1

Call me crazy but I store my opened bags of chips in the freezer, keeps them crispy and the flavour intensifies. I like them right out of the bag like that but on the ship by the time they’d be served they’d be at room temperature 🤷‍♀️

I think the lack of chips is why we don't usually gain weight on our cruises. I think we've had chips on a Celebrity cruise with lunch but it was years ago and they were not good. I do remember having nachos at the grill on Celebrity years ago and the tortilla chips were stale. 

34 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Call me crazy but I store my opened bags of chips in the freezer, keeps them crispy and the flavour intensifies. I like them right out of the bag like that but on the ship by the time they’d be served they’d be at room temperature 🤷‍♀️

Never tried it. Now it's on my to-do list....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, otownfins said:

Anyone know why potato chips are next to impossible to find on Celebrity ships?  

There is a world wide chip shortage going on right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

We have had potato chips on our cruises by the sandwich bar.  Not the best and seemed "tired".  Bring your own if you really like them. I bring my favorite chocolates on board and make sure I leave them in the refrigerator.  

Please no roasting me for this, but potato chips are at the top of my list of requests when cruising in a suite. We got Pringle's last time. I'm sure @groryjmposted photos of crisps paired with his excellent cocktails. They must have them stashed on board somewhere?

58 minutes ago, Redking said:

Please no roasting me for this, but potato chips are at the top of my list of requests when cruising in a suite. We got Pringle's last time. I'm sure @groryjmposted photos of crisps paired with his excellent cocktails. They must have them stashed on board somewhere?

The retreat lounge had them at happy hour time on our last cruise.

9 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

I never tried that, but I shall give it a go.

However, there is rarely anything TO store, after we opened a bag of chips.

• Haha 1

Definitely seen them on some ships near the sandwich station but definitely not on every cruise.

Our butler has brought us some when he saw us returning to our suite with friends for drinks (little dishes).

As we always stay at least one night pre cruise near the port we invariably take Pringles with us and then we have them on board. Ironically they frequently then end up binned end of cruise….

Totally agree though, a nice salty potato chip goes so well with a pre dinner drink (and a few olives).

I am not sure but I think it has to do something with humidity in the air.

As a great potato chips  lover too, I know that the chips loos there crispy property if there is to much humidity in the air. So maybe thats a reason.