C&A Top tier party - worth attending ?

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

Wished you had been there on the second one!  You would have had some buddies to help make it more palatable!  😉 

Believe me, our biggest regret. Bummed after you told us. We almost missed the first one. Only if we would have we would have made the second one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

On that subject before COVID Dan and I could always get a beer with no problem.  I tried on the Mariner a few months ago and had to pay for it (use my voucher)  Not sure if that was a one off or if you can no longer request something different.

We asked for a glass of wine and a beer but never saw the server again. So we nabbed another server and got a glass of shampoo. 

• Haha 1

I hadn’t been in years, but decided to go on the Ovation in May. It was at 10am, so I decided to check it out. The Captain wasn’t there, and I still don’t know who the Captain was or what he looked like. The Hotel Director spoke, and a few others. To much time spent on Pinns. Didn’t have anything to drink, since I’m not usually a morning drinker, so won’t be attending in the near future. Some people really enjoy them, and that’s fine for them. 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Believe me, our biggest regret. Bummed after you told us. We almost missed the first one. Only if we would have we would have made the second one. 

Oh...no problem.  You would have just thrown rotten tomatoes at us when they dragged us up on stage anyway.  😄 😄 

The captain on Liberty was hilarious last month.  It was held in the Ice Theater, and he walked out next to the cruise director from behind the curtain.   He looked sort of scared and said, "This is on the ice?"   She replied, "yes".   Then he hopped out from behind the podium, took a couple of wobbly steps onto the ice and looked like he was going to fall down.   Then he started skating backwards.    Seems he is Canadian and according to his bio he gave us, he was born on skates.   He was very funny and also gave a lot of interesting info about the shop.   They also introduced each of the ice skaters and had each one do a short performance which differed from the actual show I saw the next day.   Two glasses of cheap champagne were okay, but I would have gone even without the drinks.   So I think it really depends on the crew.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Oh...no problem.  You would have just thrown rotten tomatoes at us when they dragged us up on stage anyway.  😄 😄 

No way. Maybe a little heckling. But I like your thinking. Perfect to throw them at the rude inconsiderate people at the Top Tie event on the first leg. 🍅🍅😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3yorkies said:

The captain on Liberty was hilarious last month.  It was held in the Ice Theater, and he walked out next to the cruise director from behind the curtain.   He looked sort of scared and said, "This is on the ice?"   She replied, "yes".   Then he hopped out from behind the podium, took a couple of wobbly steps onto the ice and looked like he was going to fall down.   Then he started skating backwards.    Seems he is Canadian and according to his bio he gave us, he was born on skates.   He was very funny and also gave a lot of interesting info about the shop.   They also introduced each of the ice skaters and had each one do a short performance which differed from the actual show I saw the next day.   Two glasses of cheap champagne were okay, but I would have gone even without the drinks.   So I think it really depends on the crew.

Same thing on our Liberty cruise in May. 
Top Tiers are usually in the morning when not much else is going on, so we usually go. 
If I had something else to do, I wouldn’t go.  

• Like 1

I go if it is on an O class ship as it is usually in the Aqua Theater and they do a dive show. On V/F class ships I go if it is in Studio B as they usually do a short ice show. If Mario is aboard I dread having to listen to him, once again, tell everyone why he loves RCI. As for the drinks, I'm not sure they have any alcohol in them. So if they are your reason for going...

19 hours ago, kw1816 said:

We’re on WOTS in a couple of weeks, having a quick look through the App I see there’s a C&A Top tier party - are they worth attending ? There wasn’t one on our last cruise and we’ve since made it to Emerald.

We attended the party on the Wonder in the aqua theater. Had a few tropical drinks. Introduction of the officers. A few tidbits from the Captain. 

image.png.25e4bd43d5a5c02fd0c6bef3e69b5a68.png

image.png.7ebf5a5bf9d7c2c40cc2269cd3f5ae45.png

Edited by BirdTravels

I go to hear the captain speak and to hear the LA give the Crown and Anchor totals.  I also like to hear the numbers for the top cruisers.  I usually sit in a seat where it is convenient to leave once the future cruise guy/gal starts to speak.  

The only time we ever go is if it is in the Aqua theater or a skating exhibition in Studio B.  And we try to sit where we can escape before the presentations start.  

Sherri🙂

On 7/30/2022 at 8:08 AM, cruiseguy1016 said:

If by worth it, you mean you get to drink free alcohol and walk out of the room drunk, then it might be worth it for you.

Good luck with that unless you walk in drunk.  The last time we went to an upper tier party, we did well to get the one drink we got.  After that, service vanished.

We used to enjoy them, and it wasn't because of the drinks.  We enjoyed getting news about the line and new ships, but that's something that's readily available these days.  We enjoyed the opportunity to chat with officers, but they rarely mingle anymore (and that started well before covid).  It used to be something of an event, but now it's more like a timeshare presentation.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, davekathy said:

No way. Maybe a little heckling. But I like your thinking. Perfect to throw them at the rude inconsiderate people at the Top Tie event on the first leg. 🍅🍅😁

Oh no..not tomato stains on Bucky's tropical ties!!  😮😉 😄 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, 3yorkies said:

I would love to go to one of those!  🙂  Wish more ships did that kind of entertainment!  

Some of the smaller ships did a great job with the captain and another officer putting on a funny skit of sorts...was hilarious.  The bigger ships....eh...snore.  

• Like 2