Hello from the Majestic Princess!

I am very interested in your trip as we will be on her next year   I would love to know if they take any notice of the dine my way app arrangements and actually let you share a table like the old traditional dining days  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, windsor26 said:

I am very interested in your trip as we will be on her next year   I would love to know if they take any notice of the dine my way app arrangements and actually let you share a table like the old traditional dining days  

I shared a table every night on Coral recently, no problems, I just turned up around 6pm and they slotted me in, different people every night though, not like ye olde TD.

33 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I shared a table every night on Coral recently, no problems, I just turned up around 6pm and they slotted me in, different people every night though, not like ye olde TD.

Yes but I wanted a group of the same people    I have about 40 couples  still as good friends met on dining tables under traditional dining over the years.   In fact we wer on th Coral with you last week and were joined by table chums from 2008 cruise

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Yes but I wanted a group of the same people    I have about 40 couples  still as good friends met on dining tables under traditional dining over the years.   In fact we wer on th Coral with you last week and were joined by table chums from 2008 cruise

I did meet you at the M&G. You might need to see the Head Waiters or Maitre D' to fit a big group into the MDR.

1 hour ago, windsor26 said:

Agree with you.  All the long cruises, which I have done, were on big tables of well travelled interesting people.  I would hate to change tables every night and go through the introductions all over again.  You can always ask to be shifted if you aren't happy with your tablemates.  In fact we had one middle aged couple who joined out table because we were obviously having fun.  

Thank you Kiwi_cruiser for doing this, we will be following you with keen interest on your journey.

Must admit that the loss of TD is also disappointed us, we still keep InTouch with people we have shared tables with on cruises since 2012.

Regards

Edited by Ozwoody
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

I have created this thread to give update on our Journey from Los Angeles, USA to Auckland, New Zealand.

We disembark the Majestic Princess on the 16th October 2022 in NZ.

Hope you have a great cruise Stu.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, windsor26 said:

Perhaps go club class, I believe they have the same table waiters each night.

On 9/26/2022 at 6:32 PM, MicCanberra said:

Perhaps go club class, I believe they have the same table waiters each night.

Yep club class has the same set of waiters dedicated to club class section only (during lunch time and dinner time; I saw them hanging around in different areas during arvo tea time)

Michael

On 9/26/2022 at 1:10 PM, Kiwi_cruiser said:

I have created this thread to give update on our Journey from Los Angeles, USA to Auckland, New Zealand.

We disembark the Majestic Princess on the 16th October 2022 in NZ.

Hope it is going well Stu.

No doubt you have dined with the Captain by now. 😉 

Who is the Captain, and do you know if he/she will still be in charge after Majestic arrives in Sydney?

On 9/26/2022 at 4:30 PM, MMDown Under said:

Agree with you.  All the long cruises, which I have done, were on big tables of well travelled interesting people.  I would hate to change tables every night and go through the introductions all over again.  You can always ask to be shifted if you aren't happy with your tablemates.  In fact we had one middle aged couple who joined out table because we were obviously having fun.  

Hi guys. Do you guys live in Hollywell??

Sorry for the slow posting, the internet is a bit slow! and we have had some issue with the Medallion app!

We are day 4 of our 6 day crossing to Hawaii!

When we got on the Majestic Princess on Saturday 24th September 2022, check in was crazy!

We got to the dock at 11:15am and did not get on the ship till 2:02pm! 😮

When we got to our cabin our TV did not work (no power to it!), so we where not able to watch the safety video and the app was playing up, so we could not watch it on there ether, but we did get too see it latter that afternoon!

Apparently the Cruise terminal open up at 11:00am and they let everyone in!, it did not matter what check in time you had!

We had a couple in front of us who had a check in time of 12:30pm!

It did not help the Medallion system went off line for a few minute!

And it did not seem like the check in staff know what they where doing, or at lest the lady we got.

We in the end did not depart Los Angeles till 6pm, as the ship got its bum and ship thrusters cleaned from her Alaska season and they also had large amount of supply’s to load as well.

The photo below is what the queue for check in was like when we got in the terminal , this photo was taken at 11:20am aprox.

20220924_115627.jpg

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Sorry for the slow posting, the internet is a bit slow! and we have had some issue with the Medallion app!

We are day 4 of our 6 day crossing to Hawaii!

When we got on the Majestic Princess on Saturday 24th September 2022, check in was crazy!

We got to the dock at 11:15am and did not get on the ship till 2:02pm! 😮

When we got to our cabin our TV did not work (no power to it!), so we where not able to watch the safety video and the app was playing up, so we could not watch it on there ether, but we did get too see it latter that afternoon!

Apparently the Cruise terminal open up at 11:00am and they let everyone in!, it did not matter what check in time you had!

We had a couple in front of us who had a check in time of 12:30pm!

It did not help the Medallion system went off line for a few minute!

And it did not seem like the check in staff know what they where doing, or at lest the lady we got.

We in the end did not depart Los Angeles till 6pm, as the ship got its bum and ship thrusters cleaned from her Alaska season and they also had large amount of supply’s to load as well.

The photo below is what the queue for check in was like when we got in the terminal , this photo was taken at 11:20am aprox.

20220924_115627.jpg

Sorry to hear your embarkation was a nightmare.  Were there chairs to sit on?  Could you go away and come back.  We did that once in Kiel Germany.  Enjoyed a ice cream on way back to the ship.  I'm not  patient.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

3500 pax, will be a nightmare at Sydney OPT.

Nah, we are better at it. They would have had to have had some sort of problem that prevented the line from moving.

Ovation has managed OK for most OPT embarkations.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, eamondzhang said:

Yep club class has the same set of waiters dedicated to club class section only (during lunch time and dinner time; I saw them hanging around in different areas during arvo tea time)

Michael

Great if you have the cash   no assistance to those of us who do not

7 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Nah, we are better at it. They would have had to have had some sort of problem that prevented the line from moving.

Ovation has managed OK for most OPT embarkations.

3500 wanting to get on early for the embarkation day luncheon in the MDR, OMG.😁

5 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

No  they are very organised

I don't like the Princess Royal Class ships, been on Royal Princess, (British Isles) too big, too many pax, too many shops, no walk around promenade deck, issues with tendering, so many pax.  Majestic is the same.

Stand by for incoming for the Majestic Princess devotees.😁

Edited by NSWP