Hello from the Majestic Princess!

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I might have to eat my words, lol.

They will welcome anyone without covid with open arms. Any that are currently infected with it will remain isolated in their cabin. Same will happen for Auckland, except anyone disembarking with covid will move into shore based self-isolation. The same as has been happening, and this trip was never going to be treated any differently.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, arxcards said:

They will welcome anyone without covid with open arms. Any that are currently infected with it will remain isolated in their cabin. Same will happen for Auckland, except anyone disembarking with covid will move into shore based self-isolation. The same as has been happening, and this trip was never going to be treated any differently.

Absolutely.

I just wish there hadn't been negative speculation by posters in this thread and in the earlier thread re Pacific Explorer (first cruise ship to visit NZ this year) - that ships could be denied entry, that all passengers might have to be tested, that all passengers could be denied going ashore etc etc. It could have planted unnecessary seeds of worry in the minds of some passengers on board, not fair on them.

Anyway, I hope they have a wonderful stop at Mt Maunganui, the weather could be changeable but not forecast to be horrendous. It's expected to be better for the Auckland stop. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nz1 said:

She’s arrived! Screenshots from the Port of Tauranga webcam:

D200AA60-320D-4798-9A1E-D6507DC67A09.thumb.jpeg.b7d8cfd00876abb76d6e5b4fd0ed7ce0.jpeg

9F0E75D5-8A22-4631-9606-C0375483683B.thumb.jpeg.f00bd7c4bde020f9ac2d033730a64fdb.jpeg

https://www.port-tauranga.co.nz/cargo-and-shipping/tauranga-web-cams/

Good to see.  Must be a relief for all the passengers.  I love that port.  I catch a local bus into Tauranga and do the best shopping in NZ.  I also love walking around the little township and the mountain.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

I would be wondering if they can get the honey into Australia - thought it was on the banned products list. Perhaps if not disembarking in Australia all will be fine.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

I would be wondering if they can get the honey into Australia - thought it was on the banned products list. Perhaps if not disembarking in Australia all will be fine.

I travelled to NZ on business with a colleague from Vietnam. He was sold on the health benefits of Manuka honey & brought a whole heap of it in NZ. When we arrived back in Sydney airport, he disclosed he had honey & the officer was amazed at how many jars he had. The officer asked my colleague “do you have any more food” & he replied yes. The officer asked “what do you have” & he said “more honey”😳 The officer just shook his head & let us through. He told me that commercially packed honey from NZ is fine 😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aussieflyer said:

As above, I would have thought commercially packed Manuka honey would be OK. But we are sensitive to everything, and I don't know if the pollies have a lock the border policy with Varroa around 😉

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, arxcards said:

As above, I would have thought commercially packed Manuka honey would be OK. But we are sensitive to everything, and I don't know if the pollies have a lock the border policy with Varroa around 😉

Further again NZ honey is the only other country that has a safe honey industry as Australia and is allowed into Australia.

Or at least was last time I checked they and we, don't have that naughty little beetle that's destroying hives elsewhere.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Western Australia has tougher regulations regarding the importation of honey than the rest of Australia does. Travellers aren't even allowed to take in a container that once, in a former life, contained honey and now might contain nuts and bolts or whatever.

Yes I had a cardboard box once used for selling bananas confiscated at WA border.