Hello from the Majestic Princess!

We are now in the Southern Hemisphere!

Last night at 10:50pm we crossed the equator!

This morning we had the Crossing the equator Ceremony!, Photos to come!, Check back latter tonight for the photos! (Hope to get them uploaded then!)

Also the caption announced this morning that we are going to be spending a extra day in Tahiti, as we have hit strong winds coming from Hawaii!

We now wont dock in Papeete till 1pm!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

We are now in the Southern Hemisphere!

Last night at 10:50pm we crossed the equator!

This morning we had the Crossing the equator Ceremony!, Photos to come!, Check back latter tonight for the photos! (Hope to get them uploaded then!)

Also the caption announced this morning that we are going to be spending a extra day in Tahiti, as we have hit strong winds coming from Hawaii!

We now wont dock in Papeete till 1pm!

Thanks Stu, any more Covid news?   Enjoy the crossing, mostly Americans and Canadians on board? 

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Last night at aprox 10:50pm we crossed the equator!, we are now in the Southern Hemisphere!

This morning we had the Crossing the equator Ceremony!.

Here are a few photos from the event:

IMG_8123.JPG

IMG_8124.JPG

IMG_8126.JPG

IMG_8131.JPG

IMG_8134.JPG

IMG_8138.JPG

IMG_8140.JPG

IMG_8146.JPG

IMG_8153.JPG

IMG_8157.JPG

IMG_8159.JPG

IMG_8168.JPG

IMG_8172.JPG

IMG_8173.JPG

IMG_8186.JPG

IMG_8194.JPG

IMG_8198.JPG

IMG_8201.JPG

IMG_8206.JPG

IMG_8213.JPG

IMG_8216.JPG

IMG_8218.JPG

IMG_8222.JPG

IMG_8223.JPG

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Are you experiencing good weather with sunshine and smooth seas.

Sydney is currently cold and wet. 

9 degrees, windy and loads of rain on the Far South Coast. Hope it improves for the Coral Princess mob down at Eden on Monday.

Thanks for posting Stu....I am just catching up.

Love a good Equator Ceremony, Princess do it well.

Majestic not my fav Princess ship but we did like the Hollywood pool area. Is that forward area still free? I think it is the only Royal class that you don't have to pay for it.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, NSWP said:

9 degrees, windy and loads of rain on the Far South Coast. Hope it improves for the Coral Princess mob down at Eden on Monday.

Could be a bit bumpy on the way down, but it looks like we have a nice enough forecast for Monday.

So, you made it to Papeete, but did anyone make it off the ship? Just reading the roll call, which suggested Tahitian authorities didn't like the number of covids on the ship.

Take care Stu, I hope everything else is cruisey.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

NZ will be nervous. Hope it all settles down pre Sydney.

Yes, I and son are on her towards the end of November (rolled over from cancelled cruise) - would like to think COVID is a bit of a non-entity by the time we board, like we had with Coral P - only very few cases on that cruise. 

• Like 1

Update on Majestic Princess, gleaned from the roll call on CC.  She is now 3 days in Papeete, due to high winds and seas.  Eventually pax who tested negative were allowed off in Papeete but 120 who tested positive were not.  Some local tour operators are not happy according to reports.

So some issues happening. Crikey I hope things settle down before they get into NZ/Aust waters.

Our Stu (Kiwi_cruiser) who is on board might enlighten us further.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Update on Majestic Princess, gleaned from the roll call on CC.  She is now 3 days in Papeete, due to high winds and seas.  Eventually pax who tested negative were allowed off in Papeete but 120 who tested positive were not.  Some local tour operators are not happy according to reports.

So some issues happening. Crikey I hope things settle down before they get into NZ/Aust waters.

Our Stu (Kiwi_cruiser) who is on board might enlighten us further.

If arriving into Sydney with those numbers, that is on the verge of code orange.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arxcards said:

If arriving into Sydney with those numbers, that is on the verge of code orange.

Is code orange a concern for our cruise on 20/10? I am getting slightly nervous, and interested in your thoughts Geoff.  I was always concerned about these TP cruises arriving into Sydney. 120 doesn’t seem a lot considering the amount of passengers on board, but not sure.

• Like 1