COVID rules now

We are scheduled to embark on IOTS next Friday, unfortunately we have all been exposed to Covid, does anyone know the rules now and can we cancel because of exposure?  (school closed for 3 days to clean and disinfect) or must have positive test to reschedule?   we do not want to jeopardize any other sailors so I’m thinking we will reschedule any way. Ty  

5 hours ago, Royally Ready to cruise said:

We are scheduled to embark on IOTS next Friday, unfortunately we have all been exposed to Covid, does anyone know the rules now and can we cancel because of exposure?  (school closed for 3 days to clean and disinfect) or must have positive test to reschedule?   we do not want to jeopardize any other sailors so I’m thinking we will reschedule any way. Ty  

@Ourusualbeachwould know but I would think to get a fcc or cancel you would have to send them proof of a positive covid test. I'm sure you were exposed but it would make it too easy to cancel if all we had to say was we were exposed. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Royally Ready to cruise said:

Pretty sure at this point Royal is only allowing refunds for confirmed and documented cases and not just exposure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What does that even mean?

You can't just cancel because you claim were exposed.

And just because you were exposed doesn't mean you catch it.

Like firefly said, everyone who wanted to cancel for whatever reason would use that excuse..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Royally Ready to cruise said:

You don’t need to cancel. Take an at

home test on Wednesday or Thursday; chances are very high it will be negative- go and enjoy your cruise.  

• Like 2

This is the current policy:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

Someone in your traveling party would need to test positive and you would need to go to a doctors office or urgent care to get a documented test done to confirm. Based on the second bullet you could plead your case that the entire group was exposed but that process seems far more subjective. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You don’t need to cancel. Take an at

home test on Wednesday or Thursday; chances are very high it will be negative- go and enjoy your cruise.  

The CDC doesn't recommend any asymptomatic testing. So as long as you feel fine, don't worry about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, matj2000 said:

What does that even mean?

You can't just cancel because you claim were exposed.

And just because you were exposed doesn't mean you catch it.

Like firefly said, everyone who wanted to cancel for whatever reason would use that excuse..

Exactly! Everyone is exposed daily, unless you have literally been holed up in your house since March 2020, and I seriously doubt that's the case if you have booked a cruise.

My kids had been exposed SOOOOOOOOOO many times at school last year. I got the "exposure in your class" and the "direct exposure from someone sitting next to you" emails from the school almost daily, and they never got it during the March 2021-May 2022 stretches of school that they were actually in person.

They and my husband did happen to get it this summer (we think at the ice rink, but not certain), and obviously I live with them, but I never got it. 

So just being exposed is not a guarantee you have it. If it's been 5 days since exposure and you haven't tested positive and have no symptoms, then you likely don't have it.

Edited by DukeASUGirl
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

I thought somebody said the pandemic was over.  😀

20 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

And his puppeteers walked that statement back the next day 

"We still have a problem with COVID...But the pandemic is over."  Both of those can be true.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Royally Ready to cruise said:

I have been exposed weekly to covid without knowing it.  Like most people also.  That is why we vaccine ourselves.  Unless you test positive, you don't have it, and being exposed happens daily. Continue on with your plans and have a great vacation.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Royally Ready to cruise said:

Based on the fact you had covid earlier this summer and used a recovery letter to board your August sailing chances of you contracting covid now are very slim.

As long as everyone in your family feels fine go enjoy your cruise😀

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Based on the fact you had covid earlier this summer and used a recovery letter to board your August sailing chances of you contracting covid now are very slim.

As long as everyone in your family feels fine go enjoy your cruise😀

Thank you I am hoping that is the case, but we would not want to jeopardize any one else’s cruise or family on board.  be asymptomatic or something.  We lost our uncle over Labor Day weekend to Covid, he was vaxed and boosted, family has no idea how he got it.   I shudder to think if I passed it on not knowing.  I have cruise insurance so we could cancel, but will for sure test before embarkation.  Thank you 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Royally Ready to cruise said:

Thank you I am hoping that is the case, but we would not want to jeopardize any one else’s cruise or family on board.  be asymptomatic or something.  We lost our uncle over Labor Day weekend to Covid, he was vaxed and boosted, family has no idea how he got it.   I shudder to think if I passed it on not knowing.  I have cruise insurance so we could cancel, but will for sure test before embarkation.  Thank you 

Sorry for the loss of your Uncle.

If you have insurance that allows you to cancel for any reason then you may ok to cancel and get refund.  

Hopefully you won't need to cancel and can go enjoy your cruise.