Ordering from other menus in Luminae

fdpevey

First time on Celebrity in 20 years and will be in Retreat on the Solstice. I thought I read somewhere that a guest who is more interested in a menu item from Blu or the main dining room can order the item in Luminae, but I can’t find the thread.

Could someone who has done this share the process? Do you look on the app and pick and choose - or ask for other menus?

thanks!

I have heard this before as well. I am celiac which means I have to eat gluten free. Apparently, Blu and the main dining room tend to have more variety in GF choices. I was told by another celiac cruiser that Luminae will gladly get me anything I want. However, I have already gone through all the menus for every restaurant for the entire week and created a spreadsheet aggregate of what my options are. That way I can let my waiter know early that I may be deviating from the menu.😉 If they can handle high maintenance dietary situations, I’m sure they would be happy to grab an entree from another dining room if you requested it.

• Like 1

The Solstice is an S-class ship so the kitchens are close enough for your waiter to bring you items from the main dining room menu. On the newer E-class ships the kitchens are on opposite ends of the ship and it’s quite a task for the dining staff to accommodate. Sometimes they will, but other times they won’t. 
On our last Cruise on the Silhouette (s-class ship) our waiter always presented the Luminae and the Main Dining room menus. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hammymcgee said:

I have heard this before as well. I am celiac which means I have to eat gluten free. Apparently, Blu and the main dining room tend to have more variety in GF choices. I was told by another celiac cruiser that Luminae will gladly get me anything I want. However, I have already gone through all the menus for every restaurant for the entire week and created a spreadsheet aggregate of what my options are. That way I can let my waiter know early that I may be deviating from the menu.😉 If they can handle high maintenance dietary situations, I’m sure they would be happy to grab an entree from another dining room if you requested it.

On boarding speak to the M’D. He will arrange each evening after dining for you to look at the next evenings menu. They will discuss with you options that are suitable  or could be modified for you. If nothing is suitable they will happily offer alternatives. Luminae have no issues catering to people with special dietary needs but they do appreciate the 24hours pre planning.

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

We often times order from the MDR menu in Luminae.  We also special order some items.  If you are a vegan, diabetic or gluten free, the M'D will prepare meals for you if not listed on the menus.  Just speak to him/her when you board.  Have a great cruise.  Never had a problem on any class of celebrity ship.  Even the Buffet have special dietary items also.

Enjoy your cruise.

In our experience, on the M class ships we have been able to order from Blu & MDR menus.  On S Class ship we could order from the MDR but not Blu as the MDR & Luminae kitchens are together but a Blu has it own kitchen and not close to the MDR kitchen. 
E class ships Luminae’s kitchen is about a far away from the others as you can get so not realistic to send a wait staff down 12-13 decks and to the other end of the ship to get a meal.  
Luminae  does have some of the more popular items from the MDR available like Cesar salad, French onion soup, shrimp cocktail, escargot, mashed potatoes.   You can also order from the Children’s  Menu.

Edited by jelayne
Added
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Where do you find the daily Luminae menus?  I can't on the app...maybe on the X website but would that be up to date?

I have not seen them on the website.  On the app did you look under Dining, then Main Dining Rooms then Luminae?
If not you may want to check to make sure your app is updated, or delete and reinstall the app. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you click on Dining on the app, Luminae menus might be in one of two places - either under Main Dining or you may have to scroll to the right to Loyalty & Suites.  I see with both ways with my two upcoming cruises.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, hammymcgee said:

My husband is GF and we have eaten in both Blu and Luminae.   We found no difference in GF choices in those two dining rooms, finding both very accommodating.   On our last cruise, our waiter in Luminae even surprised us by arranging for a GF burger bun to be made so my husband could enjoy their yummy lunch burger.   

GF board discussions also commented that the GF bread options are pretty limited and if you want to enjoy a crackers and cheese plate, bring your own crackers as there are none on the ship. 

But you are correct, waiters try their best to ensure you are happy with your meal. 

20 hours ago, chemmo said:

On boarding speak to the M’D. He will arrange each evening after dining for you to look at the next evenings menu. They will discuss with you options that are suitable  or could be modified for you. If nothing is suitable they will happily offer alternatives. Luminae have no issues catering to people with special dietary needs but they do appreciate the 24hours pre planning.

Have a great cruise!

excellent advice!

I can't personally speak for Luminae or Blu as I have not personally been on a Celbrity cruise yet (sailing next year), but have been pursuing the notion that you can order off the MD menu in both these restaurants.

Someone on the Summit FB page, who is currently onboard,  has just posted that Blu is no longer allowing ordering off the MD menu.  A couple was told that the rules had just been recently changed.

Here is the actual post:

I’m in blu now and they told me they changed the rules a few weeks ago. They do not allow people to order off of menus from other dining rooms anymore

Edited by NJRonbo

I am presently on Apex.  Yes, it is possible to order from Blu and the other dining rooms from Luminae, but it can take lots of extra time, especially if you order from several different ones.  Our dining buddies did that last night.  FYI

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 5:01 AM, Oceangoer2 said:

Where do you find the daily Luminae menus?  I can't on the app...maybe on the X website but would that be up to date?

On the App choose Dining -  Main Dining (sometimes they have Loyalty)   go down the list and you will find Luminae -  select Menu and at bottom you can look at different days.

• Thanks 1

On 10/22/2022 at 4:22 AM, NJRonbo said:

I can't personally speak for Luminae or Blu as I have not personally been on a Celbrity cruise yet (sailing next year), but have been pursuing the notion that you can order off the MD menu in both these restaurants.

Someone on the Summit FB page, who is currently onboard,  has just posted that Blu is no longer allowing ordering off the MD menu.  A couple was told that the rules had just been recently changed.

Here is the actual post:

I’m in blu now and they told me they changed the rules a few weeks ago. They do not allow people to order off of menus from other dining rooms anymore

When I was on Summit in August/September you could order from MDR but not BLU.    They delivered both menu's to us each evening when we were first seated.

On 10/22/2022 at 6:22 AM, NJRonbo said:

Here is the actual post:

I saw that same post.  I was on Summit a few weeks ago and we ordered off the MDR menu regularly.  I can't prove it one way or another but I have to think that is wrong - perhaps their waiter was new or confused.  

29 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I saw that same post.  I was on Summit a few weeks ago and we ordered off the MDR menu regularly.  I can't prove it one way or another but I have to think that is wrong - perhaps their waiter was new or confused.  

Certainly hoping that is the case -- and it is possible.  I am in the FB group for this ship and will continue to ask current cruisers what their experience is.  I suspect we will hear more from that group, as well as those who post here, over the next few weeks.

On 10/23/2022 at 4:02 PM, phoenix_dream said:

So, there is a live Summit thread going on in this forum right now.

I posed the question to anyone staying in Aqua Class who is dining at Blu, whether you can still order off the Main Dining Room menu.

I just got a response that you can.

I'll keep asking around on this forum and Facebook groups just to be certain, but a promising sign that nothing has changed in Blu or Luminae

25 minutes ago, LinnieRed said:

Anybody know where I can get some sample menus from Luminae? TIA. 

Here is menus from another post, not sure how up to date it is..https://profcruise.com/celebrity-menus/

its best to look at menus on the app.  We just got off the Equinox.  I have to eat GF.  We eat in Luminae and half the time I ordered from main dining room menu.  

• Like 2

On 10/21/2022 at 10:28 PM, Northern Aurora said:

The Retreat/Michals's Club lounge will have copies of the daily menus in the lounge.  Very easy to check the menus.  

We would check menu daily at retreat/Michaels then decide to do Luminae or specialty restaurants, higher suites get specialty restaurants for free but most of the time we had dinner in Luminae.