The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday October 28th, 2022

richwmn

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I will certainly celebrate Statue of Liberty Dedication Day; it's my favorite iconic sculpture. I visited as a student, went for the rededication weekend in 1986 for her centennial, and have several small sculptures here in the house. Chocolate is a close second love! Plush animals are fun. 

Awww on the quote. I'll pass on the meal (fish), but take the drink and wine (if someone buys for me).

I have been to Chile, but not Coquimbo.

It's cloudy here, but not bad temperature wise. So far no reaction to the vaccines other than some arm soreness. I went to see the Ortho doc this AM for my 2nd Synvisc knee injection. Only to find out there was a shooting not that far from where I was at the medical center; we've been having a rash of shootings, some with innocent bystanders struck. Something needs to be done!

@luvteaching Good to hear DH is making progress.

@marshhawk Sorry to hear of not enough job hours. So sad that Jesse is having such a tough time; you're both good friends to Penny. 

@rafinmd I hope the infection is clearing up.

@summer slope Good luck with the YF shots.

@0106 I didn't know that. I've never read the Winnie the Pooh books or seen animated versions.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the photo of Sadie! I love her expressive eyes. And the port photos of yours and Lenda's.

@aliaschief Thank you for sharing your river cruise with us.

@smitty34877 Praying that the cardiac cath comes out well for DH.

@dfish An exciting day! Safe travels to Michigan and good luck on Monday.

@Cruzin Terri I can't believe the insurance company is being so uncooperative.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I'm glad DH will get transferred today.

@HAL4NOW Great photos.

@ottahand7 I'm glad DH is feeling well. It sounds like he'll have some work to do to get back to normal functioning.

@Copper10-8 Thanks for the memes!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

An old scanned slide from the 1986 festivities

817440185_37-7.1986-StatueofLibertyRededicationFireworks.thumb.jpg.56f1c28702619857bf5b0f68062995da.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

56 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but is that a fairly beneficial and relatively non-invasive procedure?

Roy

The cardiac catheterization  will determine the level of blockage and possibly stents can be placed.The last time he went through this he had an emergency  bypass procedure  as 2 arteries were blocked.That was 16 years ago. The procedure is invasive in that there are wires and needles in the heart but of course is more commonly done these days.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 12

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the TGIF report, Rich.  I love chocolate in small doses.  I'm not into plush animals but they are certainly very nice.  The Statue of Liberty is awesome and a wonderful gift from France.  I love the Crocker quote and have been to Coquimbo twice, Zaandam in 2016 and Crystal Symphony in 2018.  I'll pass on the sushi.  My alternative is Papaya with a Rainbow of Fruit, Chicken Cordon Bleu, and Mixed Berry Streusel which would have been my choices on MS Amsterdam October 28, 2017 if I had not been on a LONG tour in Beijing.  What I actually had was a bag of potato chips and a dish of ice cream from the Lido.  Had an unplanned doctor visit yesterday for an infection around my lips and a followup with my Radiation Oncologist this morning about a year after our first meeting.

Today’s care list:

Kazu’s BIL hospitalized on the eve of leaving for cruise
Cruisin single’s step son with double cancer
Vict0rian’s cousin in final stages of ALS
summer slope yellow fever shot dilema
Marshhawk’s friend Sheri in ICU after multiple falls
Quaartzite Cruiser DH post surgery rehab
Ottahand7 DB with post-surgery complications
smitty24877 cardiology tests
From the rotation:
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)
Cruisin Terri leak damage and recalcitrant insurance company
Sandi’s neighbor Linda
Marshhawk and DH struggling with smoking

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

New Camila photo
Sandy’s neighbor Linda headed home
7 days for GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam 11/5 to 11/12)
7 days for Kazu, 0106, jimgev, Heartgrove and ger_77 (Oosterdam 11/5 to 11/19)
Aliaschief on Scenic Sapphire to 10/30
Welcome home Rowsby
Cruisin Single  (American Star  to 10/30),  and Av8rix (Rotterdam  to 10/30) .  Oceansaway17 (Equinox  to 11/3) , Cruising-Along (Nieuw Statendam  to 11/5) and Norseh2o (Sirena to 11/18) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

I hope your unplanned doctors appointment was successful Roy in getting some antibiotic/steroid cream for your infection.

I also hope your radiation oncologist gives you good news.

Graham.

• Like 11

Hi everyone!

Checking in from Pearson (Toronto) airport.  Going to see if I can catch up between my short layover here and the one in Montreal.

Have to say that the guy at Aeroplan gave me good advice.  Security treats ashes very seriously.  they had to go in a special bin and right in the centre of it.  Glad I called but it is a PITA having this extra bag.

travelling solo is complicated - you can’t save your seat in the lounge if you want to use the facilities as you have to lug your carry on’s with you since there is no one to watch it.

After the guy warned me on lost luggage yesterday I overdid it by packing some clothes for Barcelona in case.  On the way home, it will probably be checked -  nothing to worry about 😉 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6

25 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

The cardiac catheterization  will determine the level of blockage and possibly stents can be placed.The last time he went through this he had an emergency  bypass procedure  as 2 arteries were blocked.That was 16 years ago. The procedure is invasive in that there are wires and needles in the heart but of course is more commonly done these days.

I had the angiogram with angioplasty after my heart attack 34 months ago.

The needle was inserted in my right arm which is much better than having it inserted in the groin.

I felt a little chest pain when one coronary stent was fitted in my circumflex artery which was blocked.

I watched the whole op on a big screen to the left of me.

The op took roughly 20 minutes.

I hope everything is good with your husband Terry.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

We found out that there were abnormalities  on the nuclear stress test and DH will have an angiogram/cardiac catheterization  procedure Tuesday. He suspected  as much and we will go forward  from here. Thanks for all the positive thoughts and prayers.

Best wishes. Will be sending prayers for Tuesday.

Susan

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, kazu said:

Hi everyone!

Checking in from Pearson (Toronto) airport.  Going to see if I can catch up between my short layover here and the one in Montreal.

Have to say that the guy at Aeroplan gave me good advice.  Security treats ashes very seriously.  they had to go in a special bin and right in the centre of it.  Glad I called but it is a PITA having this extra bag.

travelling solo is complicated - you can’t save your seat in the lounge if you want to use the facilities as you have to lug your carry on’s with you since there is no one to watch it.

After the guy warned me on lost luggage yesterday I overdid it by packing some clothes for Barcelona in case.  On the way home, it will probably be checked -  nothing to worry about 😉 

I hear you on solo flying. I mentally schedule my facilities breaks. And like you, I always have some extra clothes in carryon outward bound... headed home, everything I can gets stuffed in my checked luggage. Don't know if I mentioned it, but on my last flight east my checked bag arrived in Baltimore with no tags whatsoever. Just glad they were lost after it was loaded onto the last segment of the trip. And, I walked over, said it was my bag and walked off with it.... no one checked my claim at all. Maybe being a "granny lady" made me look more honest.

Susan

• Like 18

Greetings from the Hudson River heading back toNYC. Will be doing last leg of transit into city u deftness cover of night!  Today was our visit to West Point, which was very abbreviated,  because of a bus breakdown on the way to pick us up.  Understandable, but very disappointing, nonetheless.  

iam looking even more forward to my TWO cruises already booked on BHB’s for 2023.  Glad I tried River cruising, so I can more completely enjoy HAL.

My step-son is back in hospital for an infection.  Think this is part of what has been him starting on the road to recovery.  Still no pathology reports, which is troubling to say the least.

Fly back to Denver tomorrow and then home on Monday. It is great to travel ,but I will feel better when I get back to the Western Slope of Colorado!

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.  Prayers for all.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Terry, praying that all goes well and DH’s issue is a “minor fix”.  And that all of you rest easy. 

Though somehow I have a tough time believing anything involving the heart is really minor. Perhaps relatively speaking?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

A quick afternoon check-in.  

@smitty34877DH had a cardiac cath/angio this spring and he was in the hospital at 7AM, home by lunch.  The time before that, he had a stent inserted,  and was home for dinner that evening.   Hoping it's the same for your DH; will keep you both in my prayers.

@richwmnCongratulations on becoming 5 Star !!!  You'll have a new pin waiting for you on your next cruise.

Hope everyone has a nice Friday evening.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear Rock Legend 

Jerry Lee Lewis has died today.

Graham.

It was reported earlier this week that he had died, but he (or his people) vehemently denied it.  I wonder if it's real this time?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

With the troubles that so many here are enduring this week, I'm not sure that I should admit that the most exciting thing in my life lately was taking my car for services -- oil change, alignment, and state inspection. My acupuncturist says that my stress level is lower, but still too high. I suppose that finishing some projects has helped, but there is a base layer of uproar that I can do nothing about other than taking my scheduled days off really off.

sardines.jpg.9aa2328be4d347e62c84a32c0c61d9e5.jpg

• Like 12
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

@StLouisCruisersThanks for the great pictures, especially the one of cute little Sadie.

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice collection of photos Sandi.

Sadie looks so cute and loveable.

Graham.

5 hours ago, JazzyV said:

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the photo of Sadie! I love her expressive eyes. And the port photos of yours and Lenda's.

Thanks all of you for your sweet comments about Sadie.  I'm wondering if her manners will have improved by Christmas which is the earliest we will see her again.  When my DD says Sadie just loves people, I think that is code for Yes, she still jumps on you when you walk in the door!😂

7 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

We found out that there were abnormalities  on the nuclear stress test and DH will have an angiogram/cardiac catheterization  procedure Tuesday. He suspected  as much and we will go forward  from here. Thanks for all the positive thoughts and prayers.

My best wishes for your DH when he has his procedure Tuesday.  Keeping your family in my prayers!🙏

4 hours ago, richwmn said:

Points for my cruise ending 10/22 have been posted.

5Star.png.854847f65d04e0bd9b98d7e979515bca.png

Wonderful news about your promotion to 5 star!  You deserve it for sure.

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

@StLouisCruisers is Linda back home?  Am I correct that she still has a lot of recovery ahead of her?

@kazu any status update on your BIL?

Roy

She arrived home yesterday around noon.  I would imagine she still needs therapy and that will take time.  This morning when we arrived back home at 7 am from our walk we saw a car pull into Linda's driveway (pitch dark out) and was there until about lunch time, so I'm thinking it's a home health nurse.  We shall see if that person shows up regularly to help care for her. 

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

YF shots are in the arm. Another sigh of relief. 

Great news!  Hope it doesn't hurt much.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the Daily and the Holland America  Line fleet locations.

Good quote today, always have some chocolate in the house.

It's 22 C  here today, after a few cool wet days.

@rafinmd hope that the infection quickly clears.

@smitty34877 best wishes to your DH for a successful procedure.

@richwmn  Rich, Congratulations on becoming a 5 star Mariner.

@aliaschief thanks for sharing photos of your river cruise.

@Quartzsite Cruiser hope that your DH has now been transferred to rehab.

@grapau27 belated birthday wishes, did your mates/friends take you out for a celebratory drink?

Best wishes to all on the care list.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2