Edge: Haunted forest, Apex: Phallic forest, Beyond: Headache(?) forest

fstuff1

Corridor to Eden (5th floor aft) on Beyond:

image.thumb.jpeg.4061c6197640e5a88bb260e622af0709.jpeg

On each Edge class ship, the corridor to Eden is different:

Edge: Haunted forest

Apex: Lots of phallic symbols

On Beyond, I'm nicknaming this the Headache forest.

This pic was taken on debarkation day.

It is not normally this brightly lit.

It is dim and if you're not careful, you will hit you head on the object hanging from the ceiling as you're walking through.

Edited by fstuff1

• fstuff1 changed the title to Edge: Haunted forest, Apex: Phallic forest, Beyond: Headache(?) forest

I found the Beyond corridor very intimidating.  I have some visual challenges and it was the worst of the 3 ships.  For me the Apex was fine because I was walking into a light space vs the Edge  & Beyond which are black. Whoever thought a black hallway with obstacles in your path was a great idea was way off the mark.

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

I found the Beyond corridor very intimidating.  I have some visual challenges and it was the worst of the 3 ships.  For me the Apex was fine because I was walking into a light space vs the Edge  & Beyond which are black. Whoever thought a black hallway with obstacles in your path was a great idea was way off the mark.

I would agree the Beyond corridor is the most intimidating. There's a section in the middle that at first glance seems (at least to me) to be the end with a mirrored wall but it's an optical illusion. I did get used to it eventually.

It made for a great backdrop for a Halloween photo of my husband in his Star Trek Captain's uniform. 

PXL_20221101_001132049.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I dubbed this hallway the Creepy Forest on EDGE during the initial cruises.  On EDGE, this hallway is a hazard to anyone with vision issues.

Anyone  else  may be in danger of being run into by Scooter drivers zipping through....seems to be a fun place  for them to  speed!

We'll be on BEYOND next week but will def avoid this area.....it looks worse than the EDGE hallway.....too bad b/c its the main way to reach EDEN!   

On 11/5/2022 at 10:31 AM, cruisestitch said:

Do the designers have no thought to the difficulties this presents to people who have difficulty getting around?  

The designers have no idea period for a cruise ship.  
The cabins aren’t functional.

Blu is like it was a after thought.  

The upper decks have no shaded areas and is a terrible place to watch a movie during the day time

Not good sight lines in Eden or The Club for watching the shows except for a few seats.  

Most seating around the ship looks nice but not that comfortable. 

Craft Social is too small to be used as a Sports Bar

Who ever signed off is also at fault.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, miched said:

The designers have no idea period for a cruise ship.  
The cabins aren’t functional.

Blu is like it was a after thought.  

The upper decks have no shaded areas and is a terrible place to watch a movie during the day time

Not good sight lines in Eden or The Club for watching the shows except for a few seats.  

Most seating around the ship looks nice but not that comfortable. 

Craft Social is too small to be used as a Sports Bar

Who ever signed off is also at fault.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Other that, did you like the ship?  😁

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Texed said:

Other that, did you like the ship?  😁

The ship had a lot of nice features and overall we enjoyed the cruise.  

The problem is now they are “upgrading” the other ships with the using the style rather than function and comfort concept.  

This is my opinion and I am sure others will be different.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

Lest we’ve forgotten, Celebrity’s Edge Class Ships, admittedly, are created by and for the younger generations. While we older travelers have been oohed and aahed over the years by a more subdued ship’s presentation and environment, comparatively Gen X and Gen Y folks have been closer to the modernization and transformation of everyday life. With more innovations in technology come more challenges to those folks further removed, whether by age or other factors.

Being one of “we older travelers”, my tendency is to enjoy the product as a whole with the idea that not every venue or area needs an obvious purpose or intent. Just appreciate and enjoy it, or not, for what it is rather than bad-mouth the site and its creator/designer. If something, someone or someplace rankles your mind and body that much, adapt, adjust or flat out avoid as best you can. Easy-peasy. There are too many other ships in the sea

• Like 3

We tried the Edge once when It first Sailed.  I Get It that Celebrity went overboard (sorry) with trying to attract a younger generation of Cruisers they seem to have divided guests into mostly Haters and Lovers of the E class ships? 

I just hope the M and S class ships stay around until I'm Gone.

• Like 1