Rumor or not?

ValerieJo

3 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

I read on another site that Royal will start charging $8 per additional dinner plate in the main dining room for dinner beginning in February.   Has anyone else heard this?  What are your thoughts?  Hopefully, it's not true.

Unless there was something else this was a policy that Carnival implemented.  The charge is for a 3rd dinner.  First 2 are free

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unless there was something else this was a policy that Carnival implemented.  The charge is for a 3rd dinner.  First 2 are free

Thanks for the clarification.  Glad it's not on Royal.  🙂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

I read on another site that Royal will start charging $8 per additional dinner plate in the main dining room for dinner beginning in February.   Has anyone else heard this?  What are your thoughts?  Hopefully, it's not true.

I wonder what it would be for lobster night.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Its $5 for the 3rd lobster now on carnival, not $8. ... just for the record. Unlimited appetizers and desserts still. 

People are upset enough at $5 lol. 

• Haha 5

46 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

If people don't voice an opinion, the upcharges will continue.

But really, these people that try to set the record for how many lobsters they can eat are ridiculous. DO you really need more than 2 plus the appetizers, sides and dessert? Especially on the heals of cancellation of Alaskan crab season due to overfishing. If you can find them it will be expensive. 

Edited by ballarinamom
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ballarinamom said:

But really, these people that try to set the record for how many lobsters they can eat are ridiculous. DO you really need more than 2 plus the appetizers, sides and dessert? Especially on the heals of cancellation of Alaskan crab season due to overfishing. If you can find them it will be expensive. 

Our waiter always offers us more lobster, and when one person says yes, he brings a plate with three or four in case he can talk anyone else into taking one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spunky946 said:

We’ve had our waiter come by saying he had an extra lobster, did we want it?  Who am I to turn down an extra lobster?  Yup got an extra lobster.  Yum.

Definitely  have no problem with that. Food waste is a major issue on cruise lines,. But I have been on cruises where guys have ordered 10 lobsters when they are seated.

• Like 2

Just now, ballarinamom said:

Definitely  have no problem with that. Food waste is a major issue on cruise lines,. But I have been on cruises where guys have ordered 10 lobsters when they are seated.

Wow, 10 is a lot.  Sometimes my husband and I would order a third to share if we couldn’t decide which one we wanted or I’ll get the surf and turf. One cruise I couldn’t decide which dessert I wanted, and the waiter brought me 4 to try,  which we all shared. Definitely wouldn’t order so much I couldn’t eat it all.

7 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We try not to even order one. Do not like the MDR offerings at all.

yup I agree and not just RCI but Celebrity.  I did not even like Coastal Kitchen or Blu that much.

Fancy does not equate to taste in my opinion.

Most ships the buffet is getting better and faster and it quieter and nicer.

• Like 2