Guest in Lounges

addie

6 minutes ago, sowhat said:

We were issued  with additional  entry  keys  for  other non C&A  members

Point Blur_Nov092022_152955.jpg

Under what circumstances? It looks from the letter from the concierge that there was some significant underlying reason. A bit of clarification would help, otherwise your experience may have no bearing on the OP's question.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, addie said:

Diamond + sailing with new cruiser.  Is she allowed access to Diamond Lounge on Liberty?

Have her call RCL and have a C&A account number created before your sail date. If she shares your address, have her linked to your C&A account number and she will get your status. Either way, having a C&A account before she sails is to her benefit.

• Like 4

Just now, orville99 said:

Have her call RCL and have a C&A account number created before your sail date. If she shares your address, have her linked to your C&A account number and she will get your status. Either way, having a C&A account before she sails is to her benefit.

I thought it was more than sharing an address, like you had to be married, a significant other, parent or guardian of a minor, in order to share status.   

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

I thought it was more than sharing an address, like you had to be married, a significant other, parent or guardian of a minor, in order to share status.   

An adult who shares the same address with an individual other adult is considered a significant other (couple) by RCL's standards (in other words, two adults would qualify, but a third or more would not.) DW and I carried different last names for professional reasons right up to when she retired and changed her last name to match mine, and RCL never batted an eyelash in considering us a couple.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, orville99 said:

An adult who shares the same address with an individual other adult is considered a significant other (couple) by RCL's standards (in other words, two adults would qualify, but a third or more would not.) DW and I carried different last names for professional reasons right up to when she retired and changed her last name to match mine, and RCL never batted an eyelash in considering us a couple.

My husband is my SO so I don't think I can add anyone else.  

2 hours ago, sowhat said:

This looks like it was from a decade ago (written on a typewriter, not a computer printer?)!

I'm on Oasis right now and the letter from the Diamond Concierge explicitly states that people who are not Diamond are NOT allowed in the lounge.  On Symphony last week, the letter said the same exact thing.  And on Explorer the week before that, the letter said the same exact thing.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sowhat said:

I’m not sure the letter and the purpose of the keys are in any way related. A lot of times the extra keys are made when people are swapping rooms within a family so that, for example, two teenagers can stay at a room near mom and dad (Since teens can’t book a room without one of the parents being on the reservation). But that is far different from suggesting that they are to be used for guests or friends for access in a Diamond or Suites lounge. Guest are definitely not allowed in either one. I have never seen it at all my years of cruising. I’m trying to imagine just how crowded it  would be if people brought three or four friends with them into the lounges.  🙅🏼‍♀️

• Like 1

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

4 Diamond Lounge is an exclusive benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members and cannot be extended to include friends and family. On ships where a Diamond Lounge is available there will be no Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffees available in the dining room. The Diamond Lounge is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Guests younger than 21 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. Guests and friends of Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members are not allowed into the Diamond Lounge.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Being nice, really.

I know someone who did a b2b, leg 1 in a suite, leg 2 in a balcony. She got suite privileges for leg 2.

The question was specifically about someone with no status having access to the Diamond Lounge.

I doubt if there would be any exceptions.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I doubt if there would be any exceptions.

Post #6 seems to indicate otherwise. If you look/read enough, you are likely to find exceptions to just about any RCI policy - though I think the one about the ship sailing on water is an absolute.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

4 Diamond Lounge is an exclusive benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members and cannot be extended to include friends and family. On ships where a Diamond Lounge is available there will be no Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffees available in the dining room. The Diamond Lounge is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Guests younger than 21 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. Guests and friends of Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members are not allowed into the Diamond Lounge.

And we can see how old that part of the website is.  RC is very very very slow to update.  There hasn't been an "exclusive nightly diamond event" in years, and every ship in the fleet has a Diamond Lounge.

3 hours ago, sowhat said:

Interesting photo.  The letter's grammar is atrocious with no letterhead or any kind of company markings, just a piece of paper from a typewriter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1