Horrific beds on Sky

detroitmikeh

Just got off the Sky Princess today, the 14 days from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale. The beds were horrible, we complained and they first flipped over a mattress not made for flipping... then brought another bed- it was terrible too. Then a third that was marginally better. Out steward started that "they are all bad". Terrible sleep over those two weeks, I would strongly recommend that you cancel any trip on the Sky until the beds are updated.

(Princess have us a night in the Crown Grill and a day in the Enclave for our trouble... not much help for sure.)

How does a three year old ship have destroyed beds? 

6 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I’m surprised to hear you say that.  Princess has the most comfy beds I have ever found on a cruiseship.  
what didn’t you like about them?  Too soft?  

We thought they were great too 🤷‍♂️ I guess it’s a personal thing 🤔

• Like 6

I have to admit.  On the ten-day Sapphire I took last month the beds weren’t up to the usual great standard.  I’m on Discovery in a few weeks and I’m hoping they are back to normal.

Edited by Westsail32
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, detroitmikeh said:

I would strongly recommend that you cancel any trip on the Sky until the beds are updated.

lol, seriously?

Regal Princess had horrible beds (hard as a rock and lumpy) and we sailed on her a couple of times anyway. I hope they switched them to the new beds by now.

“The Princess bed” as it is truly named is my dream bed, and I am so sad that they do not ship to Alaska! Of course we know that one bed does not fit all, and that is why there are so many different beds out there. I really believe Princess hit gold with theirs though. The only person I have encountered complaining about it was my mother-in-law because it was too soft for her.

• Like 4

I understand that they did, finally, over Covid, change out all the beds on Regal.

We were on the Regal before Covid, and had a great cruise, but the old bed was insufferable!!!

But,  the thing is, these new Princess beds, if they have not changed them, they do not hold up.

We had a wonderful, new, Princess Bed on Coral to Alaska.

A couple years later, everyone was already complaining about them.

I do not know if there is now a newer version than the original Princess Bed, or not.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, detroitmikeh said:

Just got off the Sky Princess today, the 14 days from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale. The beds were horrible, we complained and they first flipped over a mattress not made for flipping... then brought another bed- it was terrible too. Then a third that was marginally better. Out steward started that "they are all bad". Terrible sleep over those two weeks, I would strongly recommend that you cancel any trip on the Sky until the beds are updated.

(Princess have us a night in the Crown Grill and a day in the Enclave for our trouble... not much help for sure.)

How does a three year old ship have destroyed beds? 

What about them was horrible for you? 

Too hard? Too soft? What? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have struggled with the mattresses on Princess both before the introduction of the Princess luxury beds and after. They are all too firm for me as a light weight, side sleeper (your size/weight and sleep position plays a huge roll in your mattress "needs"). The Princess luxury beds were a slight improvement for me over the prior beds.... That is until I cruised with my mom and had the bed split. They did not have the luxury bed mattress pad or topper in the twin size (at least not on that ship, at that time... maybe they have them now).  I was so miserable the first night that I never managed to fall asleep. The room steward finally found two egg shell mattress toppers (there were no twins to be had so he had to use larger ones and allow them to hang over) and added an extra duvet to sleep on top of and that allowed me to sleep even if I was never truly comfortable. My mom was totally fine without the padding.  I am just grateful that the room stewards will do what they can to help if you tell them you are uncomfortable! 

Mattresses are not one style fits all. A mattress can be comfortable for most but still miserable for some. There are also some people that can sleep on anything and others who truly can't get comfortable on some/many mattresses. Letting people know that you found them uncomfortable and what about them was uncomfortable for you is helpful. But suggesting other people cancel a trip because you, personally, found the mattresses uncomfortable is a bit much.

Just got off the Sky Princess yesterday, the 14 days from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale. The bed was  wonderful, same for the comforter and pillows. Slept like a baby over those two weeks, I would strongly recommend that you book a trip on the Sky. 😉

• Like 3

I am currently on the Emerald as a single. I have 2 beds pushed together. One side is horrible and the other is great. Unfortunately it took me a few nights to figure this out. Same room. Two beds that feel entirely different. Go figure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just off the sky as well. The bed was wonderful.  The only complaints I really had were passengers that were rude to staff members, people doing dodgy things in trivia, and, perhaps the worst thing of all….   They made us get off

sorry you didn’t have an enjoyable time

• Like 2

10 hours ago, minabruuke said:

Mattresses are not one style fits all.  Letting people know that you found them uncomfortable and what about them was uncomfortable for you is helpful. But suggesting other people cancel a trip because you, personally, found the mattresses uncomfortable is a bit much.

Exactly.

However, OP sure got a lot of clicks for himself/herself.

If that was the plan, it was successful.  

Sorry for not being more descriptive, the beds were like two army cots pushed together with a pillow top on them. There were two huge dips in the mattresses as though completely worn out in the centers of each of the beds that they push together to make a queen. The picture as attached doesn't do it justice! I'm totally amazed at the responses where people slept well! I wish I had slept well on my Princess cruise!

Remember the days where Princess sold beds for home use - do you could get that Princess sleep at home????

PXL_20221030_163706355.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the picture.   With so many cabins on the ship just because someones cabin has a great mattress doesn't mean there  cant  be a cabin or two that have a worn out mattress.  

• Like 3