LIVE from the Koningsdam Holiday Sailing - Dec. 17th - Jan 7th - exploring my first Pinnacle Class ship 🤞

kazu

12 minutes ago, kazu said:

I may take advantage of the quiet ship

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Good morning Jacqui!!

I would definitely 👍 take advantage!! Enjoy the hot tub and pool!! That would feel wonderful for your foot! 
Cabo is fun but enjoying the ship without the crowds is the best!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to do your blog!! Just had my coffee ️ and wanted to see how you were doing.

🌺Denise☺️

• Like 5

Jacqui - I agree with you that staying onboard at a port is much quieter and it feels almost like you have the ship to yourself.  I also noticed on the NS in August that the wifi was much faster after the gangway opened and many people left the ship.

Agree that the laundry service is top notch. I'm glad you found your bathrobe.

Thanks for all your great reporting. I hope your foot will be better soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kazu said:

The ship is amazingly quiet this morning.  I’m guessing for 3 reasons - Gala last night and some partying last night (at least the people next to me were), clocks went forward an hour and we don’t get into Cabo San Lucas until 11.

This will be the first of 3 times that we will be to Cabo.  It’s a tender port.  If most people are getting off, I may take advantage of the quiet ship and hobble around the ship and check it out more sans crowds.  And use the pool.  Foot isn’t happy so I may humour it rather than over work it 😉 

Amazed at the laundry service.  The note in the cabin clearly said 48 hours.  I put it out yesterday morning and it was back yesterday afternoon!!!  A very pleasant surprise.  There was also a thank you note in with it.  I am wondering if they are pre-printed.  Will post a pic later on.

And I finally found my bathrobe - LOL.  Very top shelf.   I have 2 even though it is only me.  

On those thank you notes from whomever  did laundry we have been using the Navigator App to personally thank the laundry crew who did our laundry. Received feedback from front desk on how appreciative they are to be recognized. I bet that sore foot would enjoy a soothing time in the hot tub. Have a great day.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 7

Here's another vote for staying on board and using the pool and hot tub.  The water is amazing for injuries and will help a lot.  The hot tub will open up little veins and capillaries in the foot and aid in healing.  Get  your foot right up to the jets.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

On those thank you notes from whomever  did laundry we have been using the Navigator App to personally thank the laundry crew who did our laundry. Received feedback from front desk on how appreciative they are to be recognized. I bet that sore foot would enjoy a soothing time in the hot tub. Have a great day.

I use the LUK on the Navigator app as well.  I really like it for that 👍 

2 minutes ago, dfish said:

Here's another vote for staying on board and using the pool and hot tub.  The water is amazing for injuries and will help a lot.  The hot tub will open up little veins and capillaries in the foot and aid in healing.  Get  your foot right up to the jets.

OK, everyone has me convinced.  thanks for the tip on the jets - I wouldn’t have thought of that.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Stay on board at Cabo is also my recommendation. Last week it took 1 hour and 45 minutes to get everyone off and that was the quickest so far this season. I was told that one week it too almost 3 hours. 

I do have priority tendering with Club Orange - no idea if 5*’s have it - didn’t get any notice on that.  I just have to go to the tender boats to get off 👍 

Tendering seems to be moving pretty fast - we got here early and they started around 15 minutes ago and they are already at ticket 15.  Of course, I have no concept how many trips it takes to get everyone off this ship - especially with the capacity they are at.  They seem to have a number out - I think there are 4 or 5?

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

And here is the thank you card for the laundry.  It’s the first time I have seen it although I have certainly read of others reporting it.  

4D115DD4-3294-49F8-BD73-73E6DCF7ECBA.thumb.jpeg.9ec927779224a9d0603e73da074c7956.jpeg

I love your note from the Laundry team!  We didn't get those on the Volendam and I was waiting to see one so was a little disappointed.

The word joyful brings back a laugh we had in the Lido on Volendam one day at lunch.  The busiest section of the Lido was the ice cream area.  Every day there was a young lady named Harvelle serving there who had a loud voice greeting all her customers.  There was a long line at most times.  She was so happy and smiling while working her hardest scooping out ice cream.  One of the Lido workers clearing dishes noticed us chatting about Harvelle and he said "it's her first contract...she's still joyful!).  We about died laughing.  😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 13

6 minutes ago, vjblk said:

Glad you're enjoying your cruise. Looking forward to boarding on the 29th. How's the weather? Hot? Trying to start gathering what to pack. Never an easy task.

San Diego was pleasant (for me - remember I’m Canadian and it’s freezing at home) but a tad cool on the last day.  The day at sea was a bit cool - long sleeves sufficed.

Today in Cabo is quite warm - a nice breeze so far so not unbearable to most, I would think 🙂

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, kazu said:

San Diego was pleasant (for me - remember I’m Canadian and it’s freezing at home) but a tad cool on the last day.  The day at sea was a bit cool - long sleeves sufficed.

Today in Cabo is quite warm - a nice breeze so far so not unbearable to most, I would think 🙂

Thanks. It's snowing here in Seattle today. I'll take pleasant. I figured the sea day might be cool. Thanks for confirming that.  

• Like 4

Hi Jacqui,

So happy to hear you are enjoying your cruise(s) on the K'Dam -  the only HAL ship where I have found Bread Pudding available at Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner 😁 (at Rise, the bakery, and not at the usual Sweet Spot, desert/ice cream location).

I mention this just in case you would like to post a picture of Bread Pudding to keep the  aficianados, like myself, happy 🙄 😉

Enjoy the holidays!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, kazu said:

I do have priority tendering with Club Orange - no idea if 5*’s have it - didn’t get any notice on that.  I just have to go to the tender boats to get off 👍 .............

Yes, 5*'s have priority tendering

2 hours ago, kazu said:

And here is the thank you card for the laundry.  It’s the first time I have seen it although I have certainly read of others reporting it.  

4D115DD4-3294-49F8-BD73-73E6DCF7ECBA.thumb.jpeg.9ec927779224a9d0603e73da074c7956.jpeg

Yes, that's a hand written note by Laundry Coordinator (official title) I Komang Dana (Komarza), as opposed to a computer generated note. It's something they - the always hard working laundry crew in the bowels of the ship on C-Deck - started doing within the last year 

Enjoy K-dam with most pax off, take care of your foot, and perhaps, go get a Broodje Kroket at the Grand Dutch Cafe for lunch! Can't wait 😉 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, kazu said:

We have received several of those thank you notes from the laundry team on our past cruises on the NS .  It's a great idea to thank them using the navigator app.  I keep the notes and when I do the HAL survey I add their names to other staff and crew I want to recognize.  Always been happy with the laundry service.  

I will add to the votes to put your foot up and enjoy the scenery from a relaxing spot.  Happy cruising.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, kazu said:

And I finally found my bathrobe - LOL.  Very top shelf.   I have 2 even though it is only me.  😉 

O Zuidie last spring I found 3 sets of what appeared to be brand new robes hidden in pairs around the room. They were a miserable synthetic waffle weave. Not the cotton ones from previous cruises.

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

The word joyful brings back a laugh we had in the Lido on Volendam one day at lunch.  The busiest section of the Lido was the ice cream area.  Every day there was a young lady named Harvelle serving there who had a loud voice greeting all her customers.  There was a long line at most times.  She was so happy and smiling while working her hardest scooping out ice cream.  One of the Lido workers clearing dishes noticed us chatting about Harvelle and he said "it's her first contract...she's still joyful!).  We about died laughing.  😂

Your comments remind me of the Ice Cream man on Prinsendam ( final voyage).

I was going to comment that the port has provided tenders in the past, but I see @Copper10-8 already did. We noticed them while we waited our turn to be cleared and go ashore. That trip little Veendam was the 4th ship to arrive in the wake of 3 behemoths. We were delayed over 2 hours. The showroom at sea was packed, and the natives were restless. Our CD started an impromptu game of trivia ( only one I’ve ever been to) and was giving pins away like water. The priest stepped in and helped with organizing and trying to help keep people content. ( I noticed he helped at each port with getting people off and keeping them happy.)

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Yes, that's a hand written note by Laundry Coordinator (official title) I Komang Dana (Komarza), as opposed to a computer generated note. It's something they - the always hard working laundry crew in the bowels of the ship on C-Deck - started doing within the last year 

Enjoy K-dam with most pax off, take care of your foot, and perhaps, go get a Broodje Kroket at the Grand Dutch Cafe for lunch! Can't wait 😉 

bor-catering-foto-0009.jpg.5cfae59e89f40056e6d3d7b549cb1199.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Hi Jacqui,

So happy to hear you are enjoying your cruise(s) on the K'Dam -  the only HAL ship where I have found Bread Pudding available at Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner 😁 (at Rise, the bakery, and not at the usual Sweet Spot, desert/ice cream location).

I mention this just in case you would like to post a picture of Bread Pudding to keep the  aficianados, like myself, happy 🙄 😉

Enjoy the holidays!

I got the gentle hint, Colin 😉 

• Haha 9

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I love your note from the Laundry team!  We didn't get those on the Volendam and I was waiting to see one so was a little disappointed.

We didn’t get them on the Oosterdam  a few weeks ago either.  Perhaps it is a Pinnacle Class thing?

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

LOL - love that story &, @TiogaCruiser‘s on the helpful priest on the P’dam.  Sounds like a gem - but most crew (if not all) on that ship were a gem 😉 

1 hour ago, vjblk said:

Thanks. It's snowing here in Seattle today. I'll take pleasant. I figured the sea day might be cool. Thanks for confirming that.  

Keep in mind that San Diego was cooler than usual (my hotel folks were complaining LOL - I was fine).  The day at sea wasn’t cold.  just not hot.

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

BettyNL just came back on board and confirmed 4 and 5* did indeed have priority boarding 👍 

Regarding Cabo tenders - I honestly did not see any Cabo tenders coming (but that doesn’t mean they didn’t).  The tender tickets were called in groups of 4 and there were 4 tenders out there.  Tenders opened (no ticket required) at about the 2 hour mark.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2