The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday December 18th, 2022

richwmn

Good afternoon!  I haven’t read the Daily yet, Craig & I went to the early showing of Christmas Vacation at our nearby movie theater. It’s so close that we could walk but today we drove.  What a fun movie and a Christmas tradition for us. So nice to see it on the big screen. Afterward Santa was waiting for us. 
4065DB1E-83F6-4E58-B0A1-21FD456889A1.thumb.jpeg.cbb8adbeb1493287670f8d6cce951d90.jpeg

• Like 26

Good Monday morning from the Noordam

Currently sailing across a very rough and rainy Tasman Sea. 
     A very Happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate. I think it is also a time for us all to reflect.

We were in Adelaide a few days ago. Took the tr as in into town and walked all over. Good day. 
   We have been doing so much walking that DH said last nite that the wheels on DD’s chair will need to be replaced! 
      @ottahand7a very Happy. Birthday ! May you have many more! 
       We have to do covid tests again this morning . Masks are mandated and have been since 11/12.  They said it was due to the rising  numbers in Australia. The only masks you see in port are the ship people. So not sure of the real story. However we have remained healthy for this whole cruise ( since 10/8) . Hoping to remain that way!

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

@ottahand7

1351186816_HappyBirthday3.jpg.f16744a28c180365d449644bd1612f60.jpg

Well, Sue has headed north to her rental for the week.  She'll be back on Friday if the snow lets up long enough to let her.  We're supposed to get pounded this week.  Thursday night they are forecasting 3-5 inches of the fluffy stuff with another 3-5 inches on Friday during the day.  Let's hope they are wrong.  

@Sharon in AZ What good news about the medication!  Fingers and toes crossed that it does the trick for  you.

@Cruising-along if you want those pounds back, I have some I'll give you.

@superoma Oh, those cookies look good.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Today is a day when we are not doing too much.  It's strange not to have a lot that needs doing after the last few months.  I did get the Christmas cookies delivered to the neighbors, and a few weeds pulled.  I gave up on the rest, and hope the coming freeze this week kills them.  Our low Thursday night is supposed to be 17F.  😱

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good afternoon friends!  What a busy day!  Yesterday we took a taxi to the rental car center near the cruiseport and were there when they opened the doors at 8 am.  Fifteen minutes later we were on our way north in a Prius, a much different type of car than we usually get.  I'm not sure I would rate a Prius a midsize car but we managed to fit the luggage in it if you include the large one in the back seat.  😁  At least it got great mileage!  It appeared we got around 59 mpg, but it sure had some weird gadgets on it.  It took until 7 pm to arrive home due to stopping about 4 times.  Still, during the ride my right leg began hurting.  Even compression sock didn't stop that, so I have to find time to run up and down our staircase 20 times a day and see if that helps.  It seemed to on the ship.  Anyway the Prius had to go back to the Atlanta airport before 8 am this morning so we were out of bed before 6 to get there early.  We stopped at the Kroger for a few breakfast things and once breakfast was over, all the work began.  Unpacking (stuff is everywhere), laundry loads, mail sorting, list making for grocery tomorrow which includes all the stuff we need to prepare Christmas dinner at DD's house.  That's the gathering spot and since she is still off her feet we will do the cooking again this year.  She worries about her house getting cleaned and how Sadie will behave with a houseful of new PEOPLE to play with.  But Christmas is a time to be with family and we will make it all work. 

Anyway it's good to be home for the week.  Sorry to hear about Dixie and George's car battery problem.  I told her I think I may have jinxed her since I asked if they ever had battery problems leaving a car unused for a month.  Very sorry!  

Thanks for the twin day mentions.  I need to find a minute to let my twin know it's our day!  I need to also go back and read all of today's posts.  Terry @smitty34877good wishes for you tomorrow!  Hopeful that pain is gone for good!  Love, love the photo of Miss Camilla.  What a grown up girl!  Also happy birthday Nancy @ottahand7.  Nice to hear the meds were approved for Sharon @Sharon in AZ and I really hope the relief comes soon.

Since Rich's post from Oct. 21, 2021 has been posted already all that's left to do is post my photos from Adelaide, Australia.

We visited Adelaide, South Australia on the Sun Princess Circumnavigation cruise of Oct. 2017, five years ago.  Fond memories of that cruise.  On October 14, 2017 we took a CC roll call tour of wine country from Adelaide.  We got on our van and headed out of town, stopping once when the driver noticed a chubby koala in a tree.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIEx7PPGpRwoX5PX7wS81vR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560453

First stop was Mount Lofty for a good overview of Adelaide.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLZlaO07ySnD_ngXgQjSyG9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560463

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIdI3ic6-69zEGLieUR19zC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560477

Our next stop was a lovely German influenced town of Hahndorf where we were allowed time to explore and get a bite to eat before we headed out to the wineries.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIKUZn1WjXeI8-vskzIKqPM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560620

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIAfjklRJK2-5w4yCGN8FKV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560591

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJVTjN05Zbv49c-m5Vtw9Oj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560560

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKXgVd5HXcNd8e1F5NWmjm5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560557

The Hahndorf Academy building from 1857.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIxQH1QCeWr1Nm7vQbhuYMt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560573

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLCjGOc-9iB6ZhmlXhpoQkB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560612

Next we stopped at a bird sanctuary which I will skip photos of so that we can get to the wineries.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKoHx8IGXyNVXmoYbvDxkWp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560750

First one was the Grant Burge winery which was lovely. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI96ALFv5atHcgZ86_HYnSM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560791

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLGNFpqSLjQDMnvp8jCEGNF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560779

The view from the tasting room.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI9msAtGhv5eXWBxoP6bwDd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560765

Next was the Chateau Dorrien winery which was more rustic instead of the sophistication of Grant Burge.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLdU1UgddKIbeaf826aedkB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560795

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKZEK559_3xc0kciWnAsS3-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560808

Everybody was getting chatty by now!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVICXnC4EhAfj8mqJeb6Z-_e?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560818

Heading back to the ship.  Rows of palm trees

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKDSuRWjc4tA8ZKecv4z1HZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560840

While checking Rich's post from Oct. 21, 2021 I saw photos posted from @rafinmd, @tjcox9, and @GeorgeCharlie.  We had a great time there and it's well worth a stop on any Australian cruise.

Time to get back to work.  I promise to finish reading today's Daily before the end of the day.  Maybe during happy hour.  Sure am missing our bar crew, Khristle, Jeremiah (Bullfrog), and Angelina from Ocean Bar on Volendam.  DH will have to do instead!🥂

Sandi, the car we keep in the Quartzsite is a Prius, and we routinely get about 60 mpg.  We take it to San Diego when we cruise out of there.  We have gotten two good sized garment bags, two large suitcases and two rolling carry-ons in it.  The secret is to let the back seat down.  We put the carry-ons on the front part of the back seat with the large suitcases on their sides on either side of the back as far forward as possible.  Then the garment bags go in between the suitcases.  When we leave a car at a port or the airport for an extended time, we disconnect the battery, and that helps prevent a dead battery when we return.  We also disconnect the batteries on the cars in Texas when we are traveling or not using them for an extended length of time.

1 hour ago, lobsternight said:

Thank you for the fleet report and all those reports. Happy Hanukkah to all, prayers and best wishes to those in need.

Well its snow Armageddon in Vancouver right now, approaching 5 inches. Just heard our main highway has been shut down.  Filled the propane tanks yesterday, not leaving the house.  Just finished all my wrapping, hoping the DW makes some more cookies.

Been off the Daily for the last week, we are all dealing with a family end of life, its a waiting game now.  Been a rough last 6 months with our impending 4th loss.

On a positive note just booked a new HAL cruise for April 2024.  Its a long way off but so excited. Don't know about these trans pacific crossings, decided to retire mid pacific last time and that didn't work out lol. Actually loved returning to work, this time around its a blast because it just doesn't matter.  Low stress

Have a wonderful day everyone, sitting in bed, sipping tea, watching the KC game  life is good

Sorry to read that you are dealing with a family end of life.  I hope the person remains comfortable.

Lenda

• Like 18

7 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning  everyone. We celebrate twins in our family including my grandchildren and niece and nephew.I no longer bake but DD keeps us well supplied in goodies.Happy Hanukkah  to all who celebrate tonight.

I am a bit of a flake and now carry my kindle instead of a book in order to have something to read.

@summer slope, Dixie. I was sorry to read of your car problems  post cruise.  I hope all is well now.

@ottahand7, Drive carefully  and enjoy your cruise.I hope your DB doesn't  rush his discharge.It has been a long haul.

A huge thank you to everyone  for the good wishes and prayers for my surgery tomorrow. I am nervous but also looking forward to being able to ambulate without  pain.We have to be there at 11:30   so it will be a long day.

Take care everyone. 

I will be thinking of you tomorrow Terry.

Sending you my best wishes for an extremely successful operation and quick recovery.

Graham x

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good afternoon!  I haven’t read the Daily yet, Craig & I went to the early showing of Christmas Vacation at our nearby movie theater. It’s so close that we could walk but today we drove.  What a fun movie and a Christmas tradition for us. So nice to see it on the big screen. Afterward Santa was waiting for us. 
4065DB1E-83F6-4E58-B0A1-21FD456889A1.thumb.jpeg.cbb8adbeb1493287670f8d6cce951d90.jpeg

Lovely photo Sharon.

You look a lot like Doreen Pauline's cousin who emigrated to Adelaide Australia 17 years ago.

Graham.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lobsternight said:

Thank you for the fleet report and all those reports. Happy Hanukkah to all, prayers and best wishes to those in need.

Well its snow Armageddon in Vancouver right now, approaching 5 inches. Just heard our main highway has been shut down.  Filled the propane tanks yesterday, not leaving the house.  Just finished all my wrapping, hoping the DW makes some more cookies.

Been off the Daily for the last week, we are all dealing with a family end of life, its a waiting game now.  Been a rough last 6 months with our impending 4th loss.

On a positive note just booked a new HAL cruise for April 2024.  Its a long way off but so excited. Don't know about these trans pacific crossings, decided to retire mid pacific last time and that didn't work out lol. Actually loved returning to work, this time around its a blast because it just doesn't matter.  Low stress

Have a wonderful day everyone, sitting in bed, sipping tea, watching the KC game  life is good

I'm sorry to hear what you are going through with your impending 4th loss in the last 6 months.

Sending you our condolences.

Graham.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Beautiful photo of 2 beautiful people. I am praying that the medication will prove to be a miracle worker for you Sharon.

Jane

• Like 13

@StLouisCruisers Welcome home. Sorry to hear your leg started hurting again. Thanks for the Adelaide photos.

@lobsternight So sorry to hear about the family end of life issues and the other losses of the past 6 months. May your family find peace.

@Sharon in AZ Great picture of you two with Santa!

@dfish I hope Sue is able to make it.

@Quartzsite Cruiser That's pretty cold for Texas. I have a little trickle charger that I can put on my car battery; although I've never been gone longer than a month.

@superoma Nice looking "bunch"! Thanks for sharing the photo. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Happy Sunday to one and all from the Koningsdam- the very full Koningsdam.

a few pics from our sail a way yesterday for your pleasure:

262A86CA-C9B0-4D96-A721-EBA2C36EAC74.thumb.jpeg.3286e967a8ac7373735222a5f64bf9e8.jpeg

3ABC67FB-8C11-4C95-8EEF-0D5713209817.thumb.jpeg.7c5d67651c77aa6d2a3baa32b6a64ff8.jpeg

Takes a while to load them.  Wifi still looks good but it’s definitely slowing down.l

Wishing all who celebrate a Happy Hanukkah - they are celebrating and candle lighting here on board tonight.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for all the Happy birthday wishes.  It was a lovely dinner here with my 2 sisters, DBIL and John. My DB and DSIL were there in spirit.  I cooked the beef and John did the rest. My younger sister made the stuffed carrot cake a recipe she hasn't made in 30 years, not because it isn't good but too good.  It was luscious.  Nancy 

IMG_20221218_141643914.jpg

IMG_20221218_150910411.jpg

IMG_20221218_151336968.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

We have had a lovely church service today.

It was 3 years today  when I had my heart attack.

I get my stitches out from my facial skin cancer removal tomorrow.

Thank you for today's daily reports Rich.

Chag Sameach

(Happy Hanukkah) for all our friends who celebrate it.

Interesting quote.

Paulines favourite cousin emigrated to Adelaide Australia 17 years ago.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on Roy's care list.

Take care.

Graham.

Good luck with the stitch removal.  DD gets her foot looked at Tuesday which is one week since surgery.  She says the toes look bruised now.  She'll get her first look at the surgery when the doctor unwraps it.  She's been careful not to put any weight at all on it.  Sorry about the bad memories of this date 3 years ago, but I think you are probably healthier than then, and have certainly enjoyed your life these past 3 years.

13 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate!

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily Rich! A bit warmer today. And it is just starting to get light out here. 

Roy, thank you for keeping our lists! Gym, Aldi, Bindi walks and chores. This evening we’ll visit the Daytona Speedway to drive through the light show. Every year gets better and better. 

EF3C8D9C-A152-40F6-ADF4-65115A2F1746.jpeg.aff6bdf93205259e88a104d52b059976.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating!

Get well & stay well everyone!

Fox Run 2019 Doyle Family Chardonnay (Seneca Lake) Finger Lakes

This Chardonnay sounds lovely - though the review does mention “buttery”, and it has very good - excellent reviews from consumers and critics. Available from several online distributors with prices starting at $13.99.

Distributor notes

With every vintage it becomes clearer that New York's Finger Lakes region wines are world class. Fox Run Vineyards is truly a family owned and operated business. If you’ve ever been to Fox Run, you’ve probably met at least one family member. It’s not unusual to find Scott pouring wine behind the tasting bar or Ruth helping take orders in the café. Scott and Ruth’s daughter, Jessica Worden, is the office manager and behind-the-scenes virtuoso.

Their vineyards on the banks of Seneca lake are all dry farmed and are Lake Friendly Farmer certified. In 2015, they installed 150-KW solar panels and the entire business has operated on 100% self-generated solar power ever since.

Estate grown grapes for this Reserve Chard were sourced from Fox Run Vineyard block 1 - Kaiser Vineyard overlooking Seneca lake. After crushing and pressing the grapes, the winemaker transferred the juice to barrels where it fermented for 27 days. But the real allure of this wine was that it was left on yeast lees for a full eight months after fermentation adding a creamy textural component to the wine.

In 2019  September was the warmest and driest in recent history. The grapes responded accordingly, producing some of the tastiest wine imaginable.

James Suckling scored this 90 points saying "Lemon, apricot, yoghurt, praline and flint on the nose. It’s medium-bodied with tangy acidity and a creamy texture. Buttery, lemony and tangy. Drink now."

Ann, I waved at your exit yesterday when we passed it.  Hope you noticed! lol  Anyway there was a ton of traffic on 95 near the speedway yesterday.  But since it was daytime it couldn't have been the lights.  Any idea what it was?  I'm pretty clueless on Nascar events.

13 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Blessed Sunday Daily-ites.

Looks to be a lovely morning on Day 8 in Amber Cove.

Today is Gerry and all bakers day, Sandi and her twin day, and not to forget our favorite flake... Red Neck Bob. God's Blessings and my prayers for healing.

We had a fun time last evening. Met up for evening trivia, listened to the violin players, Rock and Roll was fun tonight, then back to listen to our last of the music in Lincoln Center.

1217222215a.thumb.jpg.d8445c7122c849e9997205012fe871e6.jpg

It was dressy night. We had lobster and trout.

1217222001_HDR.thumb.jpg.d92ea0a4a4b0349d83bcdfab127d0d3e.jpg

1217221743a.thumb.jpg.0bdf7e6b0dd08a62c0e605b77174b25c.jpg

1217222049a_HDR.thumb.jpg.01467276e128c1bd4cdcb82c420f3776.jpg

1217221901_HDR.thumb.jpg.04c12766a9f1d8db80510e5d461e97cf.jpg

Thanks for the Twin Day wishes.  She had no idea about it either.  Looks like you two are having a wonderful cruise.  Just continue doing that!

11 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

Happy Hanukkah!

We had a lovely evening last night.  Dinner was superb and the Farkle games a ton of fun.  My dice were cold as ice, but that's ok.  It was the time spent with loved ones that matters.  Nothing exciting on the agenda for today.  We are watching the weather forecast for next week as it will impact Sue's ability to get down from her rental for Christmas.  It looks like we are going to have a houseful.  But, that's what I wanted when I moved here.  

I guess we're having a run on comfort food.  Spaghetti and meatballs definitely fall into that category, no matter how they are prepared.  My oven in Ohio had a built in air fryer.  The one here does not and an air fryer isn't on the agenda in the near future.  We have too many other things we want first.  But, if you are in my situation, you can always prepare the meatballs in the traditional way.  Lack of an air fryer shouldn't stop you!   Improvise!    Our first recipe is an easy one.   https://airfryereats.com/air-fryer-spaghetti-and-meatballs/

720849770_airfryerspaghettiandmeatballs1.thumb.jpg.be85b0d71beb481eee74e351260e6f1b.jpg

Now, if you want to go all fancy, Williams Sonoma has a recipe where you make your own pasta as well.  I'd probably just go with the stuff you get in the store, but follow the rest of the recipe for the sauce and meatballs.  Oh, I'd have to buy their sauce.  Never mind, I'll make mom's sauce.   https://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/fresh-spaghetti-with-air-fried-meatballs.html

1653395331_airfryerspaghettiandmeatballs2.jpg.b7f132382705dc59a0679daf866f0c77.jpg

This last one is all about the meatballs.  You can do what you want with them.  Make a meatball sandwich or toss with sauce and pasta.   https://www.thegratefulgirlcooks.com/air-fryer-italian-meatballs/

784603183_airfryerspaghettiandmeatballs3.jpg.5d13626aaae83bfccf3b7e0552a730e8.jpg

I can just imagine the satisfying crunch when you bite into these.  

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.  @smitty34877 Terry, we'll be thinking of you and thank you for the picture of our Miss Camilla.   Hoping everyone on a BHB is having a fantastic time!

Love the spaghetti and meatball recipes!  Thanks Debbie!  I hope the weather isn't as bad as predicted.  We have to drive to Cincinnati this coming weekend and have to get "over the mountains and through the woods" so please no slippery conditions!

10 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

HAPPY HANUKKAH!

TO @kochleffel, @mamaofami AND ALL WHO CELEBRATE HANUKKAH.

Good morning from a sunny, not windy, cold central Texas.  There was frost on the ground when I got up.

Before I go any further, this is the link to Rich's @richwmn post from October 27, 2021, when Adelaide was the port of the day.

The Daily for Thursday October 21, 2021

richwmn

By richwmn,
October 21, 2021 in Holland America Line

Today there will be no cookies baked since I finished my cookie baking last week.  I'll celebrate twin day, and Happy Twin Day to @StLouisCruisers Sandi, and her twin.  My mother's cousins were identical twins, and it took me many years to be able to tell them apart.  When one visited, we'd have to wait until he mentioned his twin before we knew which one was visiting.  Hats off to @RedneckBob our resident "Flake" who gives us laughs everyday, and I'll celebrate snowflakes from afar..  

The Stephen King quote is very true.

We'll pass on the meal, drink and wine today.

We have not been to Adelaide, but would like to visit someday.

@Seasick Sailor Joy, it looks like you and Allen are having a great time on your cruise.  Thanks for the pictures.

@Crazy For Cats  Jake, thanks for the pictures of your cats.  Ours used to go "nuts" when we gave them a catnip toy.

@summer slope  Dixie, I'm glad you made it home safely, but sorry about the dead battery.

@aliaschief  Bruce, sorry about your first freeze.  We had freezing temperatures in November here, and it was freezing early this morning.

@smitty34877  Terry, I was surprised your surgery was later in the day.  Sending positive thoughts for a successful surgery and a quick recovery.

@ottahand7  Nancy,  🎂 💐  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  🎈 🍷 

@*Miss G*  Safe travels tomorrow.  Good luck at Wally World today.  😉

Lenda

Thanks for the Twin Day wishes. Nice to hear Steve is doing so well since he's been home.  

5 hours ago, lobsternight said:

Sorry to hear the sad news of the family member nearing the end.  Unfortunately it seems like these things happen in multiples, making it even more difficult.  

5 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

What a cute photo!

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Happy Sunday to one and all from the Koningsdam- the very full Koningsdam.

a few pics from our sail a way yesterday for your pleasure:

262A86CA-C9B0-4D96-A721-EBA2C36EAC74.thumb.jpeg.3286e967a8ac7373735222a5f64bf9e8.jpeg

3ABC67FB-8C11-4C95-8EEF-0D5713209817.thumb.jpeg.7c5d67651c77aa6d2a3baa32b6a64ff8.jpeg

Takes a while to load them.  Wifi still looks good but it’s definitely slowing down.l

Wishing all who celebrate a Happy Hanukkah - they are celebrating and candle lighting here on board tonight.

Great to hear from you.  I hope you're having a very nice, relaxing time so far.

3 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Thank you for all the Happy birthday wishes.  It was a lovely dinner here with my 2 sisters, DBIL and John. My DB and DSIL were there in spirit.  I cooked the beef and John did the rest. My younger sister made the stuffed carrot cake a recipe she hasn't made in 30 years, not because it isn't good but too good.  It was luscious.  Nancy 

IMG_20221218_141643914.jpg

IMG_20221218_150910411.jpg

IMG_20221218_151336968.jpg

It looks like a very special birthday dinner.  Hope it was a nice day in all ways.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon from Hawaii! It is a cloudy, cool day, perfect for morning stops at Target, Walmart and Home Depot for a few Christmas gifts and a long drive north along the coast, quite beautiful! DH, grandson and son in law traveled across the island on Thursday, no volcano activity (darn!) to report. Grandson was a bit disappointed. We are enjoying good meals, quiet days and afternoon walks. And the beach. 

F5708292-E06F-471F-BA7E-4626712E32EB.jpeg

• Like 11

Good evening, 

We've had a somewhat snowy and cold day today so, for the first time since DH was hospitalized, I didn't go in to see him. I had prepped him for this and I knew he'd be ok. When I left him yesterday he told me to stay home and not get in a wreck! It's looking more and more like we'll get him home for Christmas. He'll be in a wheelchair as the deep tissue injury on his heel need healing time and that could be a month or two more. It will be a learning curve for both us to get him going and I'll have to learn how to change the dressings but it's doable. 

Our weather the next few days includes more snow and temps in the 20's (low 20's). DH may not see me for a few days as driving on snow and ice isn't high on my list! 

In honor of Cookie Baking Day I baked 48 candy cane cookies and 145 shortbread cookies. Later this week I'll get chocolate chip cookies and gingersnaps made and I may try @ger_77's butter tart slice. 1750681091_thumbnail(5).thumb.jpeg.0fb69643182cce712231833705816ecc.jpeg

274431493_thumbnail(6).thumb.jpeg.a5710ea02aef779b0308888b55edb48f.jpeg

Karen

• Like 11

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good luck with the stitch removal.  DD gets her foot looked at Tuesday which is one week since surgery.  She says the toes look bruised now.  She'll get her first look at the surgery when the doctor unwraps it.  She's been careful not to put any weight at all on it.  Sorry about the bad memories of this date 3 years ago, but I think you are probably healthier than then, and have certainly enjoyed your life these past 3 years.

Ann, I waved at your exit yesterday when we passed it.  Hope you noticed! lol  Anyway there was a ton of traffic on 95 near the speedway yesterday.  But since it was daytime it couldn't have been the lights.  Any idea what it was?  I'm pretty clueless on Nascar events.

Thanks for the Twin Day wishes.  She had no idea about it either.  Looks like you two are having a wonderful cruise.  Just continue doing that!

Love the spaghetti and meatball recipes!  Thanks Debbie!  I hope the weather isn't as bad as predicted.  We have to drive to Cincinnati this coming weekend and have to get "over the mountains and through the woods" so please no slippery conditions!

Thanks for the Twin Day wishes. Nice to hear Steve is doing so well since he's been home.  

Sorry to hear the sad news of the family member nearing the end.  Unfortunately it seems like these things happen in multiples, making it even more difficult.  

What a cute photo!

Great to hear from you.  I hope you're having a very nice, relaxing time so far.

It looks like a very special birthday dinner.  Hope it was a nice day in all ways.

Thank you Sandi.

I hope your DD gets excellent news tomorrow and her foot surgery was very successful.

Graham 

• Like 2