The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday January 17th, 2023

rafinmd

Today is Ditch New Years Resolutions Day, Kid Inventors Day, and National Bootlegger's Day

It is not length of life, but depth of life. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Meal Suggestion for today - Slow Cooker Leg Of Lamb With Vegetables
Drink of the Day - Condopolitan
Wine of the Day - Lapostolle Chardonnay Cuvée Alexandre, Colchagua Valley, Chile
Destination of the Day - Nukualofa, Tongatapu, Tonga

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Willemstad Curacao, Netherlands Antilles eta 1-18

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Honolulu, Oahu Island, Hawaii eta 1-20

Nieuw Amsterdam

Costa Maya, Quintana Roo Mexico, Riviera Maya 13:00 - 23:00

Nieuw Statendam

Puerto Plata-Amber Cove, Dominicana 08:00 - 17:00

Oosterdam

Punta Arenas, Chile Antarctica 06:00 - 18:00

Rotterdam

St Thomas USVI 1000 - 1800

Volendam

At Sea Destination Coquimbo, La Serena, Chile eta 1-19

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico Riviera eta 1-18

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Nuku Hiva Island, Taiohae, Marquesas French Poly eta 1-18

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Fiordland National Park, New Zealand eta 1-20

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Singapore eta 1-19
Capture1.JPG.db388289d8e44fcad4ff3abf62f9f0d8.JPG

Capture2.jpg.c088c1239af18f72c796cdbee1978bc2.jpg

Roy posting for Rich

• Like 23
  • Thanks 11

Thank you for doing all the reports for us Roy! I will be running off ship internet because we will be at sea for 2 days.  No word on our evacuated passenger and the jellyfish parade alongside the ship continues. We went to the Ballestas Islands by open boat yesterday and the Candelabra glyph which was nice that last evening the captain took the ship off route to show all aboard this notable site. We saw many seals, waterbirds and dolphins.  My good photos are on my non Facebook camera.  We are loving this ship, food and service have been superb and all are thrilled with the 50% off all cocktails in 4 different bars throughout the pm.  Ballestas, Candelabra and our Canaletto osso bucco last evening.  Have a wonderful day. Check in tomorrow. Nancy 

IMG_20230116_102331207_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230116_112752127_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20230116_105317415_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230116_183142427.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Good morning! Well the fork lifts are honking away which means we are at Terminal C in the Port Of Miami and our cruise is over. I’m sure glad I didn’t pack my sweater in hallway bag as I will need it this morning. Rather nippy in Miami!

We have a ships transfer to airport then a three hour wait for flight and another 3 hour layover in Atlanta. If all goes well we will be home around 6:15 PM Central Time.

It was a great cruise and our next one will be on Eurodam in April. Florida to Seattle and some new ports along the way. 
Roy thanks for the report and list. Off to get a latte and a lite breakfast.

Bruce

image.jpeg.a2c65645eeb2027169b5d7d3568588df.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.080b4dc044aa3ebf6fed2343556b96f1.jpegimage.jpeg.e9b24e4618a63c10446adbce37d3a419.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Haha 4

Good morning Daily-ites on day 37 aboard beautiful Rotterdam.

I like all the quotes, foods, and thank the bootleggers. (Joking)

A pretty sunrise today.

0117230531_HDR.thumb.jpg.e2d492f144a3c724f0164a353dcaaa82.jpg

We joined a couple in the Pinnacle Grill last night. I had halibut. Good choice. Allen's filet was a bit dry. Nice conversation though.

Today we are going ashore on Sint Maarten. Dinner tonight in MDR. 

Prayers lifted for our Daily family. Graham any news on Sarah? Tana?

The flowers changed over yesterday and the picture came out pretty good.

0116231528.thumb.jpg.3100db70fe189cb586ddf6d0b4780b69.jpg

Have a great day. Be kind!!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today is an in office day, I’ll make good use of the work printer.  Yesterday we paid for our May Zaandam cruise.  I’m curious about today’s meal suggestion so will wait for pictures and recipes from @dfish to see if it appeals, I like the lamb chops in Tamarind but not at our local Greek restaurant.  Wishing everyone a good Tuesday.

• Like 23

Good afternoon.

It is sunny but frosty 26°F here currently.

Thank you for today's daily reports Roy.

I rarely make new years resolutions because usually they are soon gone.

Good quote.

Nice food and wine today.

We have never been to today's port.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone they will help.

I hope everyone is fit and well and looking forward to today.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 22

3 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites on day 37 aboard beautiful Rotterdam.

I like all the quotes, foods, and thank the bootleggers. (Joking)

A pretty sunrise today.

0117230531_HDR.thumb.jpg.e2d492f144a3c724f0164a353dcaaa82.jpg

We joined a couple in the Pinnacle Grill last night. I had halibut. Good choice. Allen's filet was a bit dry. Nice conversation though.

Today we are going ashore on Sint Maarten. Dinner tonight in MDR. 

Prayers lifted for our Daily family. Graham any news on Sarah? Tana?

The flowers changed over yesterday and the picture came out pretty good.

0116231528.thumb.jpg.3100db70fe189cb586ddf6d0b4780b69.jpg

Have a great day. Be kind!!

I'm pleased to hear you are having an amazing cruise Joy.

Sarah has been resting at home and her painkillers are helping her.

No news yet on her injections treatment but I will let my friends on the Daily know as soon as I do.

Graham.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for the Daily Report! 

The youngest cat needs to go to the v-e-t for a shot.   There is supposed to be freezing rain in this morning's forecast at around the same time I will be driving.  I have snow tires and an escape-proof cat carrier, so I should be okay.

• Like 20

Good morning.  Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Report.

Chance of freezing rain in the forecast for us too.  Good thing I don't have to go anywhere, but I'll be very careful when I take Bertie for a walk.

I remember hearing stories of my grandfather running alcohol from Windsor to Detroit back in the day.😁   I don't make New Years Resolutions so I don't have to ditch them.

Good quote.

The meal sounds great, I cook lamb shanks in the slow cooker, I'm looking forward to seeing a variation of that.

I'm sure the wine will be good, not sure about the drink.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 22

Thank you Rich & Roy for today’s Report & Daily! A bit warmer this morning. Sun is about to crest the trees and it looks to be another beauty. I am already back from giving blood needed for my Annual physical. It was easy and painless and now I am enjoying my first cup of coffee!

Roy, thank you for all you do! I agree the Care list is much too long. If I could choose a super power it would be to make people well! I need to do some rug cleaning, Bindi walks, one amazing gym class and then this evening I hope to visit my local wine bar to try some of their featured wines of the week. And maybe bring home a bottle. 

021547B2-949B-4975-82F5-8E4CE9F34B16.jpeg.3cab76ce43bf52e974f918932c69e790.jpeg

56232C41-6DAF-4C89-99B8-56EE902BA08A.jpeg.eb7a523eed2d63123a67249b3299a68e.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support, especially Sarah, Tana, Kathi and Jacqui.  Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Lapostolle Chardonnay Cuvée Alexandre, Colchagua Valley, Chile

I am so happy that I renewed my decoder ring subscription! I have already used it 3 times this year! This Chardonnay has consumer & critic fans. Easy to find with quite a number of online distributors with prices starting at $19.90.

Winemaker Notes

This wine is a bright yellow with golden edge. On the nose, florals and sweet spices with honey, apricot, vanilla and delicate notes of fresh fruit such as papaya and quince. The palate is intense and elegant, with high volume in the mouth, fresh acidity and vibrant finish.

Enjoy with homemade pastas such as beetroot capeletti stuffed with cheese and pistachios or turkey panzotti and bolognesa sauce. 

JS93 James Suckling
A minerally chardonnay with dried apples, pears and hints of vanilla. It’s medium-to full-bodied with salted caramel and a complex finish.
RP91 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
The very tasty, varietal and fresh 2019 Cuvée Alexandre Chardonnay was produced with fruit from Casablanca in a traditional Burgundian style (50/50 in barrique and tank) with aging potential combining opulence with freshness.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 8

Good morning friends!  It seems colder than it is but my phone says the temp is 49F.  It's still dark but predictions are clouds and then rain beginning around 11 am.  High temp will be around 62.  Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor creating the Daily content and Roy @rafinmdfor keeping on top of it each morning.  I don't make a bunch of resolutions each year, just try to live my best life.  Kid inventors sound intriguing.  There are a lot of smart kiddos out there!  Good luck to the bootleggers out there.  The quote is good, the drink sounds odd, and I don't care for chardonnay.  Thanks for the menu suggestion, now let's see what Debbie @dfishrecommends we do with it.  

Prayers for all our Daily friends and family, and the people of Ukraine.🙏  Cheers to all on the Celebration list.  Sorry to hear Bruce's @aliaschiefcruise is over but he always has another one in the works. 

We have a conundrum.  A relative called a few days ago to ask about the tornadoes and if we had survived them.  This is a relative and their spouse who showed their true colors during the long nursing home and hospice period of my DMIL's life.  We have edged ourselves away from that relationship.  However during the phone call this person mentioned their cruise bookings and mentioned the very end of July Zaandam booking we made in late December. 😲 My jaw dropped open when they said that and I decided at that time not to mention the fact we are booked on that cruise.  Now DH and I have been thinking about what we should do.  I would hate to be on a ship with this person and their spouse for 25 days.  They would never leave us alone!  But we really wanted to do this particular cruise.  Right now I'm going to start praying they change plans.  What would you do??  I hate to cancel because of them.

Hard to believe but we have had Nuku'olofa, Tonga as our port of the day three times before!  I was very surprised.  I haven't been there before so having not been to the two previous Japan ports, I am sitting here twiddling my thumbs.  LOL!  Here are the three posts from Rich in case you posted photos once before and would like to show them to us again.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, Everyone.  Haven't been posting much and just skimming.  So many things going on with the Dailyites!  I cannot believe how close the tornados came to @StLouisCruisers.   And poor Tana, @smitty34877.  Thinking of you and your family.

We headed out on Koningsdam for NYE.  I often quit looking at CC right before cruises -- not wanting to see too much criticism just before we sail.  Also, we usually have nephew housesit.  This time we didn't, so like @grapau27, mum's the word on travel until we get home.

Anyhoo, great cruise.  Very busy holiday ship, but wonderful fun. Then back home, busy, busy putting away Christmas and helping DD find a house to rent in Los Angeles until they can find something permanent there, due to DH's job requirements.  Day trips from San Diego to LA with five-month-old and four-year-old were quite stressful.  But happy result.  We found a perfect little temporary house. 🏡

@Sharon in AZ, that's so cool that you're bucking up for your solo.  I saw the itinerary and wondered how you talked Craig into that one -- remembering that region isn't his favorite.  What an adventure for you!  😍

I pretty much already ditched my NY resolutions.  Don't know any kid inventors or bootleggers.  But leg of lamb sounds wonderful.  As does a visit to Tonga.  Hope to be there next year.

Thank you, @rafinmdRoy for keeping things going here, as well as thanks to the F&B department and all other contributors here.  Have a great day, everyone.  Wishing smooth seas for those out on the beautiful ocean.  ❤️   ❤️   ❤️

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.It will be a little warmer today and there are rumors of sunshine.My son in New Hampshire called yesterday on their way to the ski slopes for the day.Prior to this Sunday,there had been no snow on the ground there which is very unusual. Everyone sounded so excited to be able to ski again.

I am not much for resolutions  and won't have to ditch any today.Onr if my cousins told me that our paternal grandfather  whom I never knew was  involved in bootlegging  at some level in NYC. Interesting!

Last night was the first time we were able to sleep through.I noticed the dogs were back in their usual beds in the living room as well.Tana looks and sounds a little better today.Thank you all so much for keeping  her in your prayers.

Today I am making a chicken noodle soup with ginger from a recipe I found online.I will also make a lentil soup to have harmony at mealtime.I like lamb but am bothered  by the smell of it cooking so will pass on that today.

Have a great day

Edited by smitty34877
  • Like 24

13 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It seems colder than it is but my phone says the temp is 49F.  It's still dark but predictions are clouds and then rain beginning around 11 am.  High temp will be around 62.  Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor creating the Daily content and Roy @rafinmdfor keeping on top of it each morning.  I don't make a bunch of resolutions each year, just try to live my best life.  Kid inventors sound intriguing.  There are a lot of smart kiddos out there!  Good luck to the bootleggers out there.  The quote is good, the drink sounds odd, and I don't care for chardonnay.  Thanks for the menu suggestion, now let's see what Debbie @dfishrecommends we do with it.  

Prayers for all our Daily friends and family, and the people of Ukraine.🙏  Cheers to all on the Celebration list.  Sorry to hear Bruce's @aliaschiefcruise is over but he always has another one in the works. 

We have a conundrum.  A relative called a few days ago to ask about the tornadoes and if we had survived them.  This is a relative and their spouse who showed their true colors during the long nursing home and hospice period of my DMIL's life.  We have edged ourselves away from that relationship.  However during the phone call this person mentioned their cruise bookings and mentioned the very end of July Zaandam booking we made in late December. 😲 My jaw dropped open when they said that and I decided at that time not to mention the fact we are booked on that cruise.  Now DH and I have been thinking about what we should do.  I would hate to be on a ship with this person and their spouse for 25 days.  They would never leave us alone!  But we really wanted to do this particular cruise.  Right now I'm going to start praying they change plans.  What would you do??  I hate to cancel because of them.

Hard to believe but we have had Nuku'olofa, Tonga as our port of the day three times before!  I was very surprised.  I haven't been there before so having not been to the two previous Japan ports, I am sitting here twiddling my thumbs.  LOL!  Here are the three posts from Rich in case you posted photos once before and would like to show them to us again.

Have a great day everyone!

I can understand your dilemma Sandi.

These people would be determined to keep bumping into you and spoil your cruise if you didn't want to spend lots of time with them.

You could just tell them straight you didn't want to see them otherwise you would feel as if you were watching out to avoid them

It would be our nightmare if Pauline's sister and her husband was on the same ship as us.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I can understand your dilemma Sandi.

These people would be determined to keep bumping into you and spoil your cruise if you didn't want to spend lots of time with them.

You could just tell them straight you didn't want to see them otherwise you would feel as if you were watching out to avoid them

It would be our nightmare if Pauline's sister was on the same ship as us.

Graham.

Graham, I knew you would understand our feelings about this problem.  I can't imagine how awful it would be for you two to run into Pauline's sister on a cruise.  You are right, we would be running into them all the time and looking over our shoulder while trying to enjoy ourselves.

This person doesn't know the reasons why things are chilly between us because we've never confronted them about their comments and actions.  They are pretty self centered individuals. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning.It will be a little warmer today and there are rumors of sunshine.My son in New Hampshire called yesterday on their way to the ski slopes for the day.Prior to this Sunday,there had been no snow on the ground there which us very unusual. Everyone sounded so excited to be able to ski again.

I am not much for resolutions  and won't have to ditch any today.Onr if my cousins told me that our paternal grandfather  whom I never knew was  involved in bootlegging  at some level in NYC. Interesting!

Last night was the first time we were able to sleep through.I noticed the dogs were back in their usual beds in the living room as well.Tana looks and sounds a little better today.Thank you all so much for keeping  her in your prayers.

Today I am making a chicken noodle soup with ginger from a recipe I found online.I will also make a lentil soup to have harmony at mealtime.I like lamb but am bothered  by the smell of it cooking so will pass on that today.

Have a great day

I'm so glad Tana seems to look and sound better today.  Sounds like you can follow the dogs' instincts as to her condition.  Amazing how they seem to know.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

@StLouisCruisersSandi, that's disappointing to have your cruise impacted that way.  It's hard to avoid people on a smaller ship like Zaandam.  Pretty much impossible.  Could it be a chance to reconcile with them?  We do have some relatives who we would definitely cancel our cruise if they were going to be onboard.  :classic_sad:  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Graham, I knew you would understand our feelings about this problem.  I can't imagine how awful it would be for you two to run into Pauline's sister on a cruise.  You are right, we would be running into them all the time and looking over our shoulder while trying to enjoy ourselves.

This person doesn't know the reasons why things are chilly between us because we've never confronted them about their comments and actions.  They are pretty self centered individuals. 

They sound like the same type of people as Pauline's sister and her husband and if it was us we would look at other options.

As well as the UK house insurance issue another reason I never pre broadcast our future cruise's is in case they find out.

• Like 15

Condopolitan cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part DeKuyper® Triple Sec Liqueur
2 parts Pinnacle® Original Vodka
1 part Cranberry Juice
1/2 part fresh Lime Juice

Instructions
Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.

Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 8.11.05 AM.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 8

Good morning everyone. It’s cold here and I hate it but at least no snow.

Sandi, seems to me you have a few choices. You could confront them now and tell them why you are annoyed with them and hope they change their plans. You could say nothing and give them a cold shoulder on the ship so they get the message or you can say nothing and have a lousy time trying to dodge them all the time. Of course you could change your plans, but I’m sure you don’t want to do that.  You do have a problem either way.

Stay safe everyone, Carol.                         

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.

Thanks Roy for our Tuesday Daily.

Doctors appointment today if we can get out of my driveway.  We’ll find a way – we have to.

Hoping she can help with the pain and / or the splint which I think is causing the problem. (At least, I hope so. ). In the meantime I’m going to keep a lower profile – I’ve already made one faux pas due to the pain and don’t need to make any more.

33 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

A relative called a few days ago to ask about the tornadoes and if we had survived them.  This is a relative and their spouse who showed their true colors during the long nursing home and hospice period of my DMIL's life.  We have edged ourselves away from that relationship.  However during the phone call this person mentioned their cruise bookings and mentioned the very end of July Zaandam booking we made in late December. 😲 My jaw dropped open when they said that and I decided at that time not to mention the fact we are booked on that cruise.  Now DH and I have been thinking about what we should do.  I would hate to be on a ship with this person and their spouse for 25 days.  They would never leave us alone! 

If it were me, I would make it clear to these people that you and your DH do your own thing, like to spend time alone eating together and make it clear that you will each be doing your own thing - If you choose to tell them that you were on this cruise.   As Carol mentioned the other alternative is to disclose your unhappiness about the past.  That can get pretty messy though.  Good luck with this very tough situation.

Prayers for everyone on the care list and cheers to those celebrating.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3