The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday January 21st, 2023

rafinmd

Good morning all. Squirrels! We managed to reduce their numbers but it was an expensive solution. We have a horse chestnut tree in the front yard- squirrel magnet. Several blocks around us have chestnut trees sprouting in the spring! We had a wooden fence enclosing our back yard which we called the squirrel highway. The top board between panels was 4 inches wide, perfect for running along. They would take the fence to the back of the house, climb the brick, run over the roof to the canvas awning on the front steps and hop on the tree. They went back the same way, jumping onto the awning and scary the living daylights out of us if we were sitting on the porch. Two winters ago the wind took down the fence, rotten posts, so last spring we replaced it with a lovely vinyl fence, almost squirrel proof since there is no top board and the panels are less than 2 inches wide and slippery. Only a couple of squirrels have managed to walk along it. Now they have to walk on the ground to get to the tree. We noticed less traffic this year. Expensive solution but so worth it!

have a great weekend all. Prayers for those needing them and cheers to those celebrating. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, double-thank you Roy, thank you Debbie, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for your daily contribution! And thank you all for being here! Enjoy the weekend.

Last minute packing, and cleaning the house for Sam's sitter. He loves her so much and she is really looking forward to being with him! It is funny though as he saw the suitcases out so knows something is afoot. I am sure he will be unsettled for 2-3 days looking for the missing part of his "pack." At least twice a week when we are out for his walk someone stops to comment about "how big he is." He is. With Juno we were always commented on what a pretty dog she was. Still miss her. Bliss would be to have all four of my Mals at the same time!

Weather is to be so-so tomorrow for our sail-way and may be be a bit unsettled on the Atlantic due to the storm swinging across the South right now. Hope for the ladies sake it isn't.

Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 23

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Happy Saturday Dailyites. Hugging is great and took a hit the last 3 years and I really don't appreciate squirrels, while cute they do a not of damage.  One liners can be deadly, especially in the hands of poiiticians.  I like the Emerson quote but have never been to Cannes.  The meal sounds nice.  My alternative is Classic Caesar Salad, Beef Stroganoff, and Cherry Sundae as served on MS Prinsendam January 21, 2019:

dishes21.jpg

Today’s care list:

Kazu in cast until about 2/8
Cruising-along 2nd cousin Patricia in ICU at only 40
Grahaam’s Sarah waiting on needed injection
Scrapnana starting over on treatment
From the rotation:
Marshhawk DH eye issues.
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)
Ominous scan for Marshhawk
HAL Sailer DBIL in final days and family squabbles

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Nieuw Statendam in Everglades

ns0121.thumb.JPG.f131b0a6a07d90b5a416a7ecb42deb88.JPG
1 day for Heartgrove (Carnival Legend 1/22 to 1/29)
cruszn single in Hawaii until 1/31
Great sales for Marshhawk
3 days to last treatment for Cruising-Along DH
Seasick Sailor and ger_77 (Rotterdam  to 1/25), DeeniEncinetas, and sailingdutchty   (Koningsdam  to 1/31),  lindaler and ottahand7(Volendam  to 3/18), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty,richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam  to 5/12) at sea

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

We saw Sarah today and she looks a lot better and was moving around well.

Graham.

• Like 19

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

On October 15, 2013 we went back to Cannes on our Royal Princess Maiden Transatlantic cruise.  That time we got a tour to St. Paul de Vence which is a charming medieval walled village located on a hilltop.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKgRXLupktResIINEP3J7rb?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383072928

Arriving at the entrance to the city00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI6lAZY2DdqubIE5s4EpWpp?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383072935

A very cool sidewalk00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKf-69_xWGPtcXN9bNyKoFA?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383072951

Beautiful walkways00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJBWb9krYow_NKi_ouwxcsR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1674304134

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIO5qUV8hNuoRDxQwYwdydu?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383072977

a restful cemetery00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKTCCm63_51xgMnKtyV1MnS?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383072990

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJOKMx2m8MbrdftiJ-IKVrp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1674306227

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKj0dnyeavK7LHQzIP_YaWO?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383073035

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKS8CKnIzcZKrZkGFMpRIZb?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383073039

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKo1GTgPd5PwXt6cTGvMngU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1674306262

Beautiful bunches of lavender00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJqFY7-acLfQTz6Q28nlRyO?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383073050

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIPbQvp5cYte0EJCZu6dwzK?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383073056

I really enjoy touring these small villages00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLCmTxs7HjMOqPF8KnkxoVe?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383073064

Keeping it clean!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL9OfCpgBTJBqtkmX1Wsa9a?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1674306305

I'd eat here, wouldn't you?

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL3m6_lUYSnN7af6Lj5AKrg?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383073076

A very interesting statue00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLFZhYTw-fE5dwn0PAKpCFs?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383073104

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJDzT_u175hwGs21BKzjE6w?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383073108

I'd recommend a visit to St. Paul de Vence sometime when you're in Cannes.

Excellent selection of very interesting photos Sandi.

Graham.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!   

It is a gray day here, but no snow.  Not much planned until tonight when we will have the rescheduled Farkle Party and celebrate brother Bill's birthday.  Sue is coming down with her DGD this afternoon, so that will be exciting.  I just have to clean a couple bathrooms, finish dinner, and set the table.  

Today's meal is a great one.  Cacciatore  means "hunter" in Italian. In cuisine, alla cacciatora refers to a meal prepared "hunter-style" with onions, herbs, usually tomatoes, often bell peppers, and sometimes wine.  A basic cacciatore recipe usually begins with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil heated in a large frying pan. Chicken parts, seasoned with salt and pepper, are seared in the oil for three to four minutes on each side. The chicken is removed from the pan, and most of the fat poured off. The remaining fat is used to fry the onions, peppers or other vegetables for several minutes. A small can of peeled tomatoes (drained of liquid and chopped coarsely) is typically added to the pan along with rosemary and a half cup of dry red wine. Bay leaf may be used, along with chopped carrot to give extra sweetness. The seared chicken parts are returned to the pan which is then covered. The dish is done after about an hour at a very low simmer. Cacciatore is often served with a rustic bread[clarification needed]. Outside of Italy (mainly in the US), it may be served with pasta on the side or atop white rice.

Here is recipe number one:  https://reciperunner.com/easy-skillet-chicken-cacciatore/

184395847_chickencacchiatore1.thumb.jpg.aaedb96b243e6cc4b14ffd919d8708b5.jpg

These recipes are saying it is done in 30 minutes.  I think I'd want longer to make sure the chicken is done.  Also a little longer cook time helps the flavors blend.  I'd do it in my cast iron skillet and move it to a slow oven to finish the cooking.   https://therecipecritic.com/creamy-skillet-chicken-cacciatore/

894758579_chickencacchiatore2.thumb.jpg.5342d68928952038a6da774bc91b5426.jpg

Oh, now that does look good, doesn't it?  

This next one is paleo, Whole 30 compliant.  Not sure what the Whole 30 thing is.  I guess I have to look that one up.  https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/one-skillet-chicken-cacciatore-paleo-whole30/

241034179_chickencacchiatore3.thumb.jpg.2b00f337910b408f29a89b80de1b8d46.jpg

I think I am convinced that I need to make this dish for next weekend's Farkle Party.   It sounds so good!  https://thestayathomechef.com/chicken-cacciatore/

632935842_chickencacchiatore4.thumb.jpg.78be3025b4a55a3a06f9b7caf06e8afd.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!   Prayers and healing thoughts to @kazu Jacqui, @Scrapnana Kathi, @smitty34877's Tana, @grapau27's Sarah, and @Cruising-along's Patricia.  

Thank you Debbie.

Happy birthday to your brother Bill.

CF584717-26A5-44A4-97D1-8B0594A9F898.gif.4dead2d84240e63b1802ba524077b0af.gif

• Like 9

Good morning everyone and Happy Saturday.  It is so nice to see the BHB’s all over the maps today. 

It is downright cold here at 28F. It’s going to be a cold week too. We decided to cover our plants last night and Blue couldn’t figure out what they were so barked like crazy at them when he went outside this morning. 

I have not been to Cannes so I’m enjoying all the pictures. 

I am picky about chicken so will pass on the meal suggestion.  But I do like a crispy pan fried chicken cutlet and today Craig is planning on making some with mushroom Marsala sauce, extra mushrooms for me.  It’s one of my favorite meals. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 19

Good morning all!

We continue to dry out here, and are having clear blue skies and cool temperatures. I won’t say how “cool”, because many of you would say that is balmy.

Our golden is happily looking forward to celebrating Squirrel Day. He loves lying in wait for them, then popping up when they run by him on the fence. Here’s Mark Rober’s latest installment in his tribute to squirrels:

Have a great day everyone!

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I have a sunset today rather than a sunrise and it's not from a cruise ship but a true purpose built Ocean Liner, the original Queen Mary, then serving as a hotel in Long Beach.  January 21, 2020 was my last night there before boarding Crystal Serenity for part of her world cruise.

dusk0121.jpg

Roy

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

I’ve been enjoying checking the menus on the Volendam. I am able to view them on the Navigator app since I have an upcoming cruise on the Volendam. Today they are having an Indonesian lunch in the MDR:

BC157707-E1C0-44EE-8ADB-2706E92C725E.thumb.jpeg.84554db437d8e2564fa619ae76c1b8a2.jpeg

@ottahand7 Nancy, did you have this for lunch?  If so, did you enjoy it?

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Good morning from a very cloudy central Texas with a very light breeze.  It is currently 49F and if the sun comes out this afternoon, we may reach 60F.

Hugs are always nice and appreciated.  Some one liners can be very funny, but others can be classified as groaners.  With a metal roof and no trees in the yard, I can enjoy watching the squirrels running around, but not appreciate them. 

When we lived in The Woodlands, we had problems with squirrels getting in the attic, and we could hear them running around overhead.  Moth balls would work for a few weeks, and DH would patch the hole they gnawed in the house to access the attic.  There was a huge pine tree that was too close to the house, but as the name of the development implies, they loved their trees.  In order to remove any tree with a diameter larger than four inches, you had to get permission from the HOA.

The Ralph Waldo Emerson quote is very true, and hard to achieve.

Today's meal sounds good, and I think that will be on the menu tonight.  However, I think I'll use my pressure cooker recipe instead of one of the pan recipes.  We'll pass on the drink, but the wine would be nice with the chicken cacciatore.  Instead, I guess it will be cardbordeaux Pinot Noir.

We have been to Cannes at least four times, but it was never the port.  The first time was on Golden Princess's inaugural TA in 2001 when we took a tour to Nice and Cannes since it was our first time in Europe.  In 2002 on Nordam III, we took the train to Cannes twice from Monaco, and in 2004, again on Noordam III, we rented a car in St. Tropez and drove to Cannes.  Two visits were during the Film Festival, but since we were there mid-day, all the stars were still asleep.  I'll look for my pictures in a few minutes.

@cunnorl  Charlene, I hope you had a good round of golf.  The kite and balloon festive sounds like fun.

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, when we lived in SE PA near Newark, DE, in the early 1980s, we only had one really big snow in five winters.  Otherwise, we'd a nice snow that would be gone in a week or two.  The snow was just enough for the DDs to have fun, but not too much for us to have to shovel and plow a lot.  In 1983, we got 33" of snow, and DH, the DDs and our neighbor had a blast building a snowman, that the two men turned into a well build snow woman.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I also like the small, old European towns, but it's nice to see some of the cities too.  Thanks for your pictures.

@mamaofami  Carol, I hope you find your glasses soon.  Could you have left them somewhere when you were out?  

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm glad everyone liked the casserole last night.  I had planned to post my results with the changes, but I blue bubbled you because I misread your post, and it wasn't until late last night I saw you mentioned the beef and pasta recipes from a few days earlier. 😁  Could you share your vegetarian enchilada recipe?  I hope Tana gets over her cough soon, and that the nurse says her oxygen levels are good.  

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope your neighbor can take you to the store today.  I was wondering if you had cancel for any reason insurance for the cruise.  If so, it might be possible to make the payment and wait until closer to the sailing to see how your elbow is healing.

@Heartgrove  Jack, safe travels tomorrow, and 🎈 🛳️ BON VOYAGE! 🥂 🍾

For anyone who's interested, here is my chicken cacciatore recipe for the pressure cooker.

CHICKEN CACCIATORE

½ T olive oil                                         ½ cup dry white wine

1 chicken, cut up                                1 can diced tomatoes

1 med. onion, cut in wedges               1 T large capers, drained

1 med. red bell pepper, thin strips       ½ t salt

1 med. green pepper, thin strips         ½ t ground black pepper

8 oz. white mushrooms, in wedges    4 cloves garlic

2 T chopped fresh rosemary or 2 t dried rosemary

1 T chopped fresh oregano or 1 t dried oregano

Preheat the pressure cooker over medium heat and swirl in the oil if your pressure cooker has a sauté feature.  Otherwise, brown the chicken on the stove.  In batches, brown all pieces of chicken on both sides, about 10 minutes.

Remove the chicken to a plate and add the onion, bell peppers, mushrooms, and garlic to the cooker.  Cook, stirring constantly, until the mushrooms have softened, about 3 minutes.  Add the wine and cook for 1 minute more, stirring to dislodge any browned bits on the bottom of the cooker.  Return chicken to cooker.  Add the tomatoes, capers, rosemary, oregano, salt and black pepper.  Cover, lock and bring to low pressure over high heat.  Reduce the heat to stabilize pressure and cook for 15 minutes.  (If cooker will only work at high pressure, cook for 12 minutes.)

Lower the pressure by a quick-release method.  Carefully remove the cover.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 6

As I mentioned, we have been to Cannes four times while on cruises that anchored in Monte Carlo or St. Tropez.

The first pictures are of the nice beach in Cannes.  Unlike the rock beach in Nice, Cannes beach is sand.   The beach is also a topless beach, but I better not share DH's picture to prove it.  😉

IMG_0183.thumb.JPG.ce4d3008891d5a5736a922cc4b1441ff.JPG

These pictures of the beach were taken during the Cannes Film Festival in 2002 and 2004.  The white tents were used during the festival.

IMG_0562.thumb.JPG.7250a3d251e0605ed9c9578d4fccc979.JPG

IMG_3008.thumb.JPG.b8ef5f222b0f255b416a1cb53eaab59e.JPG

PICT0006.thumb.JPG.1186ee03e2725d178d220d7e5ee42a70.JPG

PICT0007.thumb.JPG.aa7441bcfd10ea793f43f9e190b4c332.JPG

This is the restaurant where we had lunch in 2001 while on a tour.

IMG_0181.thumb.JPG.4dbd4ebc4657d9c598440b33e1306aa9.JPG

Some street scenes of Cannes from 2001 and 2002.

IMG_0182.thumb.JPG.c3ecfc920a7b79472a8cb20f8adad89c.JPG

IMG_0187.thumb.JPG.24352e48ebb555c9a8916e74018ac225.JPG

IMG_0189.thumb.JPG.f48d483a1907e667fff3432c53c69841.JPG

IMG_0190.thumb.JPG.4d9b586d1c2d95dabb441f67758ddaea.JPG

These last pictures were taken in 2004, and show some of the signs advertising that year's movies.

IMG_3009.thumb.JPG.04a2c287d2687da661093d3e979b0cfd.JPG

IMG_3010.thumb.JPG.2f97d29c287d6de41305f94da0b8cd3c.JPG

IMG_3011.thumb.JPG.b73ab04bbfb9ffddf2e7dea0c3b58496.JPG

The main auditorium used during the festival.

PICT0005.thumb.JPG.285672aac3c819460888b6c15c55462e.JPG

We passed this living statue in 2004.

IMG_3007.thumb.JPG.3094e0dfe4797859de9927baa847381b.JPG

Lenda

IMG_0563.JPG

• Like 18
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

@StLouisCruisersSandi.

Happy 125th birthday for your grandad in Heaven.

Happy 25th birthday for your first born grandson.

0E28A08F-12A8-48E8-A080-FF0DF318DC39.gif.3041fde9886fd59f1bdcb8aa942c2699.gif

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

Thanks Graham!  That is very kind of you.  My twin and DB and I were just chatting on WhatsApp about Grandpa's special birthday.  His name was Roy!

Hard to believe DGS will be 25 tomorrow.  I can remember many stories of his early years since I tried to visit every month or so, even though we lived in another state.  For instance as a baby (6 to 12 months) he would stop whatever he was doing when DD's soap opera music came on and just stare at the TV screen like he was in a trance.  Nothing else intriqued him like that.  It might have been Days of our Lives.  It was hilarious!😄

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Excellent selection of very interesting photos Sandi.

Graham.

Thanks Graham.  I hope you and Pauline have visited Cannes or St. Paul de Vence before.  It was great!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Question for those of you who cruise often.  Do you know if the crew asks for the same ship for their next contract?

Dixie, I think they can ask for the same ship, but often they do not know which ship the will be on after their vacation.  It all depends on which ships have an opening for their position.

Lenda

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

As I mentioned, we have been to Cannes four times while on cruises that anchored in Monte Carlo or St. Tropez.

The first pictures are of the nice beach in Cannes.  Unlike the rock beach in Nice, Cannes beach is sand.   The beach is also a topless beach, but I better not share DH's picture to prove it.  😉

IMG_0183.thumb.JPG.ce4d3008891d5a5736a922cc4b1441ff.JPG

These pictures of the beach were taken during the Cannes Film Festival in 2002 and 2004.  The white tents were used during the festival.

IMG_0562.thumb.JPG.7250a3d251e0605ed9c9578d4fccc979.JPG

IMG_3008.thumb.JPG.b8ef5f222b0f255b416a1cb53eaab59e.JPG

PICT0006.thumb.JPG.1186ee03e2725d178d220d7e5ee42a70.JPG

PICT0007.thumb.JPG.aa7441bcfd10ea793f43f9e190b4c332.JPG

This is the restaurant where we had lunch in 2001 while on a tour.

IMG_0181.thumb.JPG.4dbd4ebc4657d9c598440b33e1306aa9.JPG

Some street scenes of Cannes from 2001 and 2002.

IMG_0182.thumb.JPG.c3ecfc920a7b79472a8cb20f8adad89c.JPG

IMG_0187.thumb.JPG.24352e48ebb555c9a8916e74018ac225.JPG

IMG_0189.thumb.JPG.f48d483a1907e667fff3432c53c69841.JPG

IMG_0190.thumb.JPG.4d9b586d1c2d95dabb441f67758ddaea.JPG

These last pictures were taken in 2004, and show some of the signs advertising that year's movies.

IMG_3009.thumb.JPG.04a2c287d2687da661093d3e979b0cfd.JPG

IMG_3010.thumb.JPG.2f97d29c287d6de41305f94da0b8cd3c.JPG

IMG_3011.thumb.JPG.b73ab04bbfb9ffddf2e7dea0c3b58496.JPG

The main auditorium used during the festival.

PICT0005.thumb.JPG.285672aac3c819460888b6c15c55462e.JPG

We passed this living statue in 2004.

IMG_3007.thumb.JPG.3094e0dfe4797859de9927baa847381b.JPG

Lenda

IMG_0563.JPG

Fantastic photos Lenda.

Graham.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

Our family are big huggers, I love a good one-liner, and we have tons of squirrels in the woods behind our house.  They've never come into our yard, at least never done any damage thankfully. I have many more problems from the moles. Now that the woods have been thinned out, it's fun to watch them chase each other up and down the trees (away from our house).

I like the quote, will pass on the drink and wine and would like the meal.  Tonight will be chicken, but not this meal, at least not tonight.  We've never been to Cannes, thanks for photos!

The news about Patricia hasn't changed, her family sit by her bedside waiting and praying for her to wake up.  

Today I'm meeting DDIL at our favorite nursery.  She wants to get in on their houseplant sale, I just like to wander and see what I can't live without. 😉  No houseplants for me, once we started traveling so much I don't want to ask friends and relatives to have to come water them.  Meeting her may depend on if and how much snow we get though, it's predicted to start right when we're meeting. 😞 

@2inSETexaswelcome to the Daily! 

• Like 24

5 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks Graham!  That is very kind of you.  My twin and DB and I were just chatting on WhatsApp about Grandpa's special birthday.  His name was Roy!

Hard to believe DGS will be 25 tomorrow.  I can remember many stories of his early years since I tried to visit every month or so, even though we lived in another state.  For instance as a baby (6 to 12 months) he would stop whatever he was doing when DD's soap opera music came on and just stare at the TV screen like he was in a trance.  Nothing else intriqued him like that.  It might have been Days of our Lives.  It was hilarious!😄

Thanks Graham.  I hope you and Pauline have visited Cannes or St. Paul de Vence before.  It was great!

We have not visited Cannes Sandi so appreciated your photos.

We have been to Nice,Villefrance, and Monaco which are all nearby on the French Riviera.

Graham.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report. Today’s meal suggestion sounds good and I’m looking forward to seeing the pictures and recipes from @dfish.  I’d like our local squirrels better if they didn’t steal the bird seed.  I hug the cats most every, whether they like it or not.  

I hope everyone has a good Saturday.

image.thumb.png.e3faf6c097a28ecd8f79ea0b9f7300b0.png

What an interesting face on this cat but cute 

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Paulines dad was called Roy.

Her dad was a lovely man and your granddad sounds like he was too.

• Like 8

Hello Daily friends!

Rainy day along the Gulf Coast. 

we have huge Live Oak trees for blocks across the street.  
Every year a squirrel 🐿 sneaks along our fence to the backyard , jumps to our crepe myrtle trees, and down into “no squirrel territory” to craftily deposit his winter treasures in a random pattern across the back yard.   The same backyard where Brutus and Jacks stare out the window and wait until the squirrel finishes, before zooming out the dog door, chasing it up and away from “no squirrels territory”,  later that afternoon, the hunter dogs 🐶 go treasure hunting.  

@puppycanducruise, I actually read your 1-liner as “lemons” - I guess that I may be dyslexic?  Or a poor reader. 😂

Thanks to Roy/Rich and all of you who contribute on drinks, meals, port of the day, fleet report, and sharing with us all.   I learn so much on this thread!

I love how caring you all are.  Prayers to all on our care list, and unnamed prayers.  Cheers to those who have celebrations and Good reports. 

Have a wonderful Saturday!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Roy.

I would love to give someone a hug today.  Squirrels?  Ugh.  Hate them.  They dig up my bulbs and are destructive.  Sadly my neighbour loves them and feeds them and then they leave all their shells in my gardens 😠 

CB14897B-954A-4225-B849-23EED3FF3063.thumb.jpeg.8f2e41c829975922c0aa8fb69bed96be.jpeg

I like the Emmerson quote.  Been to Cannes - not all that thrilled with it and agree with @StLouisCruisers  on visiting St. Paul de Vence.  Loved it.

snowed all day yesterday and another storm coming this weekend.  ‘Sigh’.  Think I better see if my neighbour plans to go out today and see if I can bum a ride to the grocery store for some kind of fake and bake or, at the very least, more eggs.

BCC1C451-0FAC-4FA9-939B-5956D2076678.jpeg.ac7a8f6558cbb96a3a155f78b22db540.jpeg

Is this really only day 4 of the damn cast?  I’m getting tired of it already and the elbow hurting.  I guess I’m not as good of a patient alone as I was with Jose here.

Keep hoping to hear from Kathi @Scrapnana and praying for her. 

I’ve got some heavy duty thinking to do.  Final payment is coming for my May cruises - the ones we had started planning 3 years ago.  My prognosis will be unknown and I will not be 100% so sadly, I think I know what I have to do but have not yet accepted it and trying to think of a solution.

46804D3F-A135-439C-8228-73A8FB856316.thumb.jpeg.5a9608b9de0416c2efc418ef3381b47c.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list and for those that need them and cheers for those celebrating 🥂 

Can you ask your doctor what he thinks about your readiness for that cruise before you cancel?

• Like 17