The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday January 21st, 2023

rafinmd

Today is National Hugging Day, Squirrel Appreciation Day, and One-Liners Day

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Meal Suggestion for today - Skillet Chicken Cacciatore
Drink of the Day - Makers Mark Gold Rush
Wine of the Day - Spellbound Cabernet Sauvignon, California
Destination of the Day - Cannes, France Riviera

Eurodam

Panama Canal 05:00 - 05:00

Koningsdam

Nawiliwili, Lihue, Kauai Island, Hawaii 08:00 - 18:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00

Nieuw Statendam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

Antarctic Experience, Next port is Port Stanley, East Falkland Island eta 1-26

Rotterdam

Castries, St Lucia 0600 - 1600

Volendam

At Sea Destination Robinson Crusoe Island, Chile eta 1-22

Zaandam

San Diego, California 07:00 - 16:00

Zuiderdam

Papeete, Tahiti Island, French Polynesia 07:00 Arrive

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Timaru, New Zealand 07:00 - 15:00

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Singapore eta 2-03

Capture1.JPG.5385d260de0a274c413db6d1149eb9f6.JPG

Capture2.JPG.d2c55b17bb218be043e07247259a6521.JPG

Roy for Rich

• Like 24
  • Thanks 11

Good morning.  Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Report.

Love the maps.

We had a light dusting of snow overnight.  Everything looks so pretty.

Love the days.  I will hug my sweetie today.   I'm not sure about squirrel appreciation, but Bertie loves to chase them.  We have black squirrels and grey squirrels and red squirrels.    My favourite one liner is:  When life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Love the quote.

The meal suggestion sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

I'm sure the drink and wine are good too.

We've never been to Cannes.

Prayers for everyone who needs them.  I hope there are lots of celebrations.

Have a wonderful Saturday.

Stay safe.

• Like 29
  • Haha 1

Thank you Roy for your dedication to this thread.

Pauline and I hug all of the time.

We regularly have a squirrel in our back garden and in the trees overlooking us.

One liner's can be very useful.

To be yourself is good if you are a good person.

Today's food sounds lovely.

The French Riviera including Cannes is a very popular destination.

Prayers for everyone in need.

I hope everyone has a safe and nice weekend.

Graham.

• Like 22

Thanks for the Fleet update and general info.

Squirrel Appreciation Day. Are you kidding me. When I see a squirrel all I see is a rat in a fur coat. It is a rodent. It does damage to your house. That’s right. It loves to chew the lead vent flashing on your roof, and once finished, let the roof leaking begin. Some say the rat, I mean squirrel will die from lead poisoning from chewing the lead flashing, but too me, it will die from a lead bullet. On the other hand, I think they are real cute.

Ok, my one liner. A Redneck considers fast food as driving over a squirrel at 70 mph

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 19

Good Morning from an overcast day at the beach

Going to play golf this morning, first time since the end of September. Hopefully I wont embarrass myself!   Then going to meet up on the beach with DD and DH. There is a balloon and large kite festival here today. 1st time.  Should be fun. Just hope the weather holds.

Good quote for today. Have not been to todays port. Today is Saturday so its pizza for dinner. 

I am sorry to be reading that so many of our Dailylites are having health issues. All are in my thoughts and prayers. We need to turn things around !

Stay safe and enjoy today.

Off to the golf course.

Charlene

• Like 25

Good morning all.  Thanks to all who keep this thread not only continuing but thriving.  Best thread on CC for caring and sharing.

Not much going on today except a bit of grocery shopping and finally changing the sheets in guest rooms used over the holidays.  Have to be ready for Easter.  😀

We are being “snow deprived” here in SE PA so far this winter.  Some would say great but I do enjoy a little snow cover.  But February is coming!

DH finished first half of major dental work yesterday.  He only has to go back if something starts to hurt.  Yay for an about a month of no appointments.  

Prayers for all on the care list.  Have a safe and happy weekend.  Katherine 

• Like 24

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report. Today’s meal suggestion sounds good and I’m looking forward to seeing the pictures and recipes from @dfish.  I’d like our local squirrels better if they didn’t steal the bird seed.  I hug the cats most every, whether they like it or not.  
I got an email late last night that Canada New England itineraries for 2024 are open for booking.  I’m planning on emailing my PCC to book the Historic Coasts on the Volendam.  It will be a relaxing week.  Plus the early perks seem to be really good.

The other plan is to go to the grocery store.  One of them gave me a coupon for a free dozen eggs.

I hope everyone has a good Saturday.

image.thumb.png.e3faf6c097a28ecd8f79ea0b9f7300b0.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Maker's Mark Gold Rush cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Maker's Mark® Bourbon
¾ part Honey Syrup
¾ part Lemon Juice
Garnish: Lemon Peel

Instructions
Add Maker’s Mark®, lemon juice, and honey syrup to an ice-filled shaker. Shake until well chilled. Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice. Garnish with a lemon peel and serve.

*To make honey syrup combine 2 parts honey and 1 part hot water, mix until syrup consistency.

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 7.30.12 AM.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 1

Good morning! Thanks Rich and Roy for today's Fleet  Report and so much more. We have several families of tree rats living on our property and occasionally they have to be reminded certain areas are off limits! We have been to Cannes and I have been known to have a fondness for a good Cab! Haven’t had chicken cacciatore in awhile but it’s probably not on our got to lose a few pounds before our next culinary adventure in Mexico. Cancun does have some great eateries and those poolside Banana Monkey concoctions can challenge the waistline quickly!

We need to do a little house cleaning today and go shopping for a few small items. Rain is possible today but a lot more probable North of us.

Well that’s about it from this household and I’ll be looking forward to reading what’s happening in your neck of the woods!

Have a great weekend.

Bruce

image.jpeg.242c8e03c4bbe621cd59ee5b914ae64f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.27bac70a2316122cb32410d8ee856066.jpegimage.jpeg.b32761771f7ba774160baa8fe4e586ad.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 15

Happy Saturday Dailyites. Hugging is great and took a hit the last 3 years and I really don't appreciate squirrels, while cute they do a not of damage.  One liners can be deadly, especially in the hands of poiiticians.  I like the Emerson quote but have never been to Cannes.  The meal sounds nice.  My alternative is Classic Caesar Salad, Beef Stroganoff, and Cherry Sundae as served on MS Prinsendam January 21, 2019:

dishes21.jpg

Today’s care list:

Kazu in cast until about 2/8
Cruising-along 2nd cousin Patricia in ICU at only 40
Grahaam’s Sarah waiting on needed injection
Scrapnana starting over on treatment
From the rotation:
Marshhawk DH eye issues.
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)
Ominous scan for Marshhawk
HAL Sailer DBIL in final days and family squabbles

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Nieuw Statendam in Everglades

ns0121.thumb.JPG.f131b0a6a07d90b5a416a7ecb42deb88.JPG
1 day for Heartgrove (Carnival Legend 1/22 to 1/29)
cruszn single in Hawaii until 1/31
Great sales for Marshhawk
3 days to last treatment for Cruising-Along DH
Seasick Sailor and ger_77 (Rotterdam  to 1/25), DeeniEncinetas, and sailingdutchty   (Koningsdam  to 1/31),  lindaler and ottahand7(Volendam  to 3/18), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty,richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam  to 5/12) at sea

Roy

• Like 23
  • Thanks 8

Good morning friends!  It's 40F, cloudy and a high of 53 expected.  Rain begins this evening around 9 pm and into tomorrow.  Since it was so nice out yesterday afternoon, (and because DH saw our neighbor doing it) DH decided we should prune our crape myrtle tree.  We spent a couple of hours with him on a stepladder cutting each branch down to wherever I was pointing.  Then we had to cut the branches into small pieces to put in the bin for pick up.  This was after we drove to a nearby town to go to a shared branch of our credit union for some cash in different denominations, then stopped at Walmart for some things.  They were out of half the things on the list.  So I didn't spend much time on Cruise Critic yesterday.  It's hard to catch up after a busy day away from the internet.  

I got a big hug for helping with the tree debris yesterday.  No way do I appreciate squirrels!  They drive us crazy with our pin oak tree having so many acorns.  Up and down constantly and digging holes in the lawn to bury them all!  I have no one liners unfortunately.  The quote is a good one, the menu suggestions sounds decent, no to the drink and wine.  Today our port is Cannes, France which is a first timer on the Daily.  That means no link to a past post by Rich, and everyone has to search for photos instead of copying and pasting them here.  I'll be back later with mine.

Thanks go to Rich @richwmnand Roy @rafinmdfor the Daily and Fleet Report, and to Roy for his Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers were said for everyone before the treadmill workout.  I hope we get some better news on all the sick folks we know!  Cheers to the Celebration people!🥂  Today I'm celebrating the 125th anniversary of my dear grandpa's birth in 1898.  Then 100 years and 1 day later my first grandchild was born so tomorrow is the firstborn DGS's 25th birthday.  Happy birthday tomorrow to him!🎂❤️

Back with photos of Cannes, France.  Have a great day!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 25

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily Rich & Roy! It is a bit cooler - 54 & very cloudy here this morning. Showers are expected later. Bindi has a couple squirrel friends - Fred & Ethel. They may be joined occasionally by a third - Ricky? Lucy? It is fun to see her interact with them. Fred really loves to tease her and make her run around the pool enclosure. 

Roy, thank you for all you do! I have a couple gym classes, Bindi walks and then a Birthday celebration tonight. 

You all might want to check your local area to see if the Green Comet will be visible any time near the end of January - beginning of February. The last time it was this close to Earth we were in the Stone Age.  Here’s a look back at what was happening on Earth then.

F777D9F4-54A1-460B-B46B-B9F2D74F614C.jpeg.84b96c21368f14e0b44b6d1e5223edb3.jpeg

I am 99.9% sure this is photoshopped!

DD31FD60-FE6F-45CA-B649-C8455B373BDE.jpeg.8c5b779c9bb0439c43a17b4562496342.jpeg

Prayers for Patricia, Sarah, Tana, Kathi & Jacqui and all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. Get well & stay well everyone!

Spellbound Cabernet Sauvignon, California

Well consumers think this Cab is good - very good, but the last vintage for which I could find critic reviews was the 2015 vintage - which probably is no longer available. But the 2019 is.  Available almost everywhere with prices starting at $10.94.

Distributor notes

Showcases lush textutre and bold dark fruit flavors with a slight hint of oak and spice. Cedar and tobacco aromas complement integrated lively tannins and fill out your palate, allowing the wine to be consumed on its own or with your favorite food.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 8

In 2012 On Dec. 7 we arrived for the first time in Cannes, France on Crown Princess.  It was cold that day but not THIS cold!  Someone had added the snow to these trees, for a holiday effect.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ4yGORsmubHdvfFUiyLJdG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356380329

We walked along the waterfront gazing at the many boats in the harbor.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLvv7roKhMj_YEALW_IFqNu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356380339

Obviously it looks like a prosperous small town considering the rich and famous love to come here for the film festival, and the nice summer weather on the Mediterranean.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIWC8mktM7LI9sie6Cpbcnf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356380348

A clocktower00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKosgOlfQPZ71lIp8c8Pe_2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356380362

I loved the whimsical mural on the side of this building.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIfOFfStmn102yXb1V_xQBi?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356380373

We walked up a hill for a view of the city.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJOjvWhWqjx7swS2t7Z_tll?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356380390

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK_HGBY1yAUvofmh-6ehA-m?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356380404

Another interesting mural.  Looks a little blurry to me.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJIqzGwgH6Qxavivv6BQ5n7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356380420

We didn't ride on this train but you could if you wanted to sightsee and have walking problems.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK9s-MnpZ00GXOakW1nhrT3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356380435

Back down at the bottom of the hill00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJSU3WFliVAU6FITnJ6i62U?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356380463

Looking in a bakery window.  Quite the display.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL21x3QHA6d9h6Wi2mMWPDp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356380488

Next post will be our second time in Cannes less than one year later.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7

Good Saturday morning. We are well on our way to Robinson Crusoe Island/San Juan Batista so we have Covid testing for all who wish to go ashore tomorrow. We will go ashore though depending on the weather. We went inland yesterday to the organic Matetic winery and saw a nice bit of different Chilean countryside again.  It was great other than poor staggering of the buses so we had three buses at once stop at the hotel to buy wine.  That was an hour wasted in close quarters to boot.  They had beautiful gardens so I took advantage of that photo opportunity.  We had the Pinnacle Gala last night and it was excellent. We ate with a friend we made aboard from Montreal.  Today is one of the "free for all" wine tastings with Chilean wine and cheese featured in the Crow's Nest. We are two hours ahead so we will probably get to see a little of the Kansas City game before falling asleep. 

@rafinmdthank you for doing the reports for us.  Prayers for Kathi, Tana, Sarah and Jacqui and the others on our list. Prayers for the people of Ukraine. Have a nice day! Nancy 

IMG_20230120_195542763.jpg

IMG_20230120_190633676.jpg

IMG_20230120_184421970.jpg

IMG_20230120_182626789.jpg

IMG_20230120_120959353_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230120_133712279_HDR.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Good morning everyone. Love today’s quote. My parents had a squirrel come down their chimney one year when they were away. It ate through their wooden banister, carpet and anything else it could ruin. Luckily just two rooms before it died under the couch. 
I seem to have lost my distance glasses and can’t drive unless it’s sunny and I can use my distance sun glasses. This posses a serious problem till I have cateract surgery in March. I’m devoting today to searching the house for the 5th time and then the car again.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 22

On October 15, 2013 we went back to Cannes on our Royal Princess Maiden Transatlantic cruise.  That time we got a tour to St. Paul de Vence which is a charming medieval walled village located on a hilltop.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKgRXLupktResIINEP3J7rb?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383072928

Arriving at the entrance to the city00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI6lAZY2DdqubIE5s4EpWpp?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383072935

A very cool sidewalk00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKf-69_xWGPtcXN9bNyKoFA?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383072951

Beautiful walkways00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJBWb9krYow_NKi_ouwxcsR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1674304134

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIO5qUV8hNuoRDxQwYwdydu?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383072977

a restful cemetery00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKTCCm63_51xgMnKtyV1MnS?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383072990

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJOKMx2m8MbrdftiJ-IKVrp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1674306227

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKj0dnyeavK7LHQzIP_YaWO?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383073035

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKS8CKnIzcZKrZkGFMpRIZb?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383073039

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKo1GTgPd5PwXt6cTGvMngU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1674306262

Beautiful bunches of lavender00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJqFY7-acLfQTz6Q28nlRyO?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383073050

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIPbQvp5cYte0EJCZu6dwzK?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383073056

I really enjoy touring these small villages00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLCmTxs7HjMOqPF8KnkxoVe?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383073064

Keeping it clean!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL9OfCpgBTJBqtkmX1Wsa9a?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1674306305

I'd eat here, wouldn't you?

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL3m6_lUYSnN7af6Lj5AKrg?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383073076

A very interesting statue00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLFZhYTw-fE5dwn0PAKpCFs?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383073104

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJDzT_u175hwGs21BKzjE6w?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1383073108

I'd recommend a visit to St. Paul de Vence sometime when you're in Cannes.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 6

Thank you for the Daily Report!  I love hugs.

I have been to Cannes!  We went into the Gucci store, but didn't buy anything, before we spent time walking along the waterfront looking at the boats.  No pictures, unfortunately. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Ok, my one liner. A Redneck considers fast food as driving over a squirrel at 70 mph

Dear RedneckBob, I beg to differ.  Almost everyone knows that squirrel is much better when slow cooked, sautéed in a red wine sauce, and then served with a brown gravy over the pasta of your choice.  You can even make squirrel Cacciatore if you would like to try the recipe of the day.  Just substitute squirrel where it says chicken.

• Like 3
  • Haha 19

18 minutes ago, travelnap said:

Dear RedneckBob, I beg to differ.  Almost everyone knows that squirrel is much better when slow cooked, sautéed in a red wine sauce, and then served with a brown gravy over the pasta of your choice.  You can even make squirrel Cacciatore if you would like to try the recipe of the day.  Just substitute squirrel where it says chicken.

A squirrel might respond to you as follows; “Your Nuts”! 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

Good morning, everyone!   

It is a gray day here, but no snow.  Not much planned until tonight when we will have the rescheduled Farkle Party and celebrate brother Bill's birthday.  Sue is coming down with her DGD this afternoon, so that will be exciting.  I just have to clean a couple bathrooms, finish dinner, and set the table.  

Today's meal is a great one.  Cacciatore  means "hunter" in Italian. In cuisine, alla cacciatora refers to a meal prepared "hunter-style" with onions, herbs, usually tomatoes, often bell peppers, and sometimes wine.  A basic cacciatore recipe usually begins with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil heated in a large frying pan. Chicken parts, seasoned with salt and pepper, are seared in the oil for three to four minutes on each side. The chicken is removed from the pan, and most of the fat poured off. The remaining fat is used to fry the onions, peppers or other vegetables for several minutes. A small can of peeled tomatoes (drained of liquid and chopped coarsely) is typically added to the pan along with rosemary and a half cup of dry red wine. Bay leaf may be used, along with chopped carrot to give extra sweetness. The seared chicken parts are returned to the pan which is then covered. The dish is done after about an hour at a very low simmer. Cacciatore is often served with a rustic bread[clarification needed]. Outside of Italy (mainly in the US), it may be served with pasta on the side or atop white rice.

Here is recipe number one:  https://reciperunner.com/easy-skillet-chicken-cacciatore/

184395847_chickencacchiatore1.thumb.jpg.aaedb96b243e6cc4b14ffd919d8708b5.jpg

These recipes are saying it is done in 30 minutes.  I think I'd want longer to make sure the chicken is done.  Also a little longer cook time helps the flavors blend.  I'd do it in my cast iron skillet and move it to a slow oven to finish the cooking.   https://therecipecritic.com/creamy-skillet-chicken-cacciatore/

894758579_chickencacchiatore2.thumb.jpg.5342d68928952038a6da774bc91b5426.jpg

Oh, now that does look good, doesn't it?  

This next one is paleo, Whole 30 compliant.  Not sure what the Whole 30 thing is.  I guess I have to look that one up.  https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/one-skillet-chicken-cacciatore-paleo-whole30/

241034179_chickencacchiatore3.thumb.jpg.2b00f337910b408f29a89b80de1b8d46.jpg

I think I am convinced that I need to make this dish for next weekend's Farkle Party.   It sounds so good!  https://thestayathomechef.com/chicken-cacciatore/

632935842_chickencacchiatore4.thumb.jpg.78be3025b4a55a3a06f9b7caf06e8afd.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!   Prayers and healing thoughts to @kazu Jacqui, @Scrapnana Kathi, @smitty34877's Tana, @grapau27's Sarah, and @Cruising-along's Patricia.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 12

Good morning  everyone. I have not been to Cannes but enjoyed seeing the pictures  posted by Sandi @StLouisCruisers.Thank you.It looks like a great port to visit.

I made the recipe with Lenda's suggestions  last night and it was well received. Thank you @Quartzsite Cruiser.I meant to take a picture  but the teenager decided he really liked it and ate an enormous  portion. Well, maybe that is  a normal portion  for a growing teen!I turned around and there was just enough  to taste it.Fortunately I had leftover vegetarian  enchiladas for those who prefer it.

Debbie,  @dfish, the recipes look so good we may have to make it today or tomorrow. Thanks!

Tana is getting better but still has a horrible cough.I am concerned  about her oxygen needs and we are awaiting a visit from the hospice nurse. We were both wide awake early this morning  and never went back to sleep .

Sending virtual hugs to all of you!

Terry

• Like 22

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Roy.

I would love to give someone a hug today.  Squirrels?  Ugh.  Hate them.  They dig up my bulbs and are destructive.  Sadly my neighbour loves them and feeds them and then they leave all their shells in my gardens 😠 

CB14897B-954A-4225-B849-23EED3FF3063.thumb.jpeg.8f2e41c829975922c0aa8fb69bed96be.jpeg

I like the Emmerson quote.  Been to Cannes - not all that thrilled with it and agree with @StLouisCruisers  on visiting St. Paul de Vence.  Loved it.

snowed all day yesterday and another storm coming this weekend.  ‘Sigh’.  Think I better see if my neighbour plans to go out today and see if I can bum a ride to the grocery store for some kind of fake and bake or, at the very least, more eggs.

BCC1C451-0FAC-4FA9-939B-5956D2076678.jpeg.ac7a8f6558cbb96a3a155f78b22db540.jpeg

Is this really only day 4 of the damn cast?  I’m getting tired of it already and the elbow hurting.  I guess I’m not as good of a patient alone as I was with Jose here.

Keep hoping to hear from Kathi @Scrapnana and praying for her. 

I’ve got some heavy duty thinking to do.  Final payment is coming for my May cruises - the ones we had started planning 3 years ago.  My prognosis will be unknown and I will not be 100% so sadly, I think I know what I have to do but have not yet accepted it and trying to think of a solution.

46804D3F-A135-439C-8228-73A8FB856316.thumb.jpeg.5a9608b9de0416c2efc418ef3381b47c.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list and for those that need them and cheers for those celebrating 🥂 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

Good morning!

I have a story about squirrels.  When I was growing up, we had 9 oak and hickory trees on our 40 x 100' property (LOTS of leaves, and LOTS of squirrels).  We had a problem with the "flying rats" in our garage, so my father tried putting moth balls in the garage - supposedly squirrels hate that smell. The next time he went into the garage, the squirrels were throwing the moth balls at him!!  After that, we decided to coexist with them, as long as they stayed out of our house.

Prayers for our friends needing them (especially Kathy, Jacqui, and Tana). I'll have a glass of wine this afternoon to celebrate with our friends already on cruises, or leaving soon for cruises, or anyone having a good day!

Take care,

Laura

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Happy Saturday Morning Dailyites!  It's cloudy and 41 degrees.  FYI, when I woke up earlier due to leg cramps the sun was out, but it was just rising, and I finally could go back to sleep and since I was wiped out from being in pain, I slept,  Until 8:45.  

We went out for BBQ last night and brought back the sliced beef and sliced pork (it was a 3 meat plate) then we stopped at the store, and bought some gravy and instant taters, and will have the rest of last nights dinner, for tonight.  We both work until 6 so that is my easy peasy dinner.  I do have to admit that the Cacciatore looks better than my left overs!

Feral Fawn could care less about squirrels, even though they sit in the bird feeders and munch all day.  She seems to know the difference between a tree rat, and an actual rat.  She will kill rats.

f0d80976d3d7c0bdef405f4ae29c5a98.jpg

I love the quote.  I am not sure if we went to Cannes when I was little,   I know we went to Nice. I know I am getting older, I'm losing the memories.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.  I have to listen to a radio recording before I start work.  Which to me is work....

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4