The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday January 23rd, 2023

rafinmd

Good morning, everyone.

I am getting a late start today.  I couldn't get to sleep last night and ended up sleeping in this morning.  Every once in a while I have those nights and I know I'll pay for them the next day because I am dragging this morning.  

London broil was a favorite in our house.  Dad would marinate the steak and then cook it on the grill.  This was one meal he didn't burn on the grill.  Mostly he burned chicken.  This first recipe is a lot like Dad's marinade except his had sherry in it.   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/london-broil-with-herb-butter-recipe-1972708

599655156_Londonbroil1.jpeg.7dccb187c2988e0b082dc859a70e8f1f.jpeg

This one has a different marinade that sounds pretty good.  We never had an herb butter with the steak.  I would probably skip that due to calories, but this one sounds like a great one.  I'd use it on my veggies!   https://carlsbadcravings.com/london-broil/

510408062_Londonbroil2.thumb.jpg.f839860618dabc951d55d8b10ea58b32.jpg

And here's one more for the good of the cause.  It has been a long time since I've made this and I think it is time to resurrect the recipe.  Maybe for the next Farkle Party where I do the food.  https://manmeetsoven.com/london-broil-with-herb-butter/

1943282056_Londonbroil3.thumb.jpg.ae8fafeb44ffd2a259176eba105f9701.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day.   Prayers for all our ailing Dailyites and family members.  

• Like 20
  • Thanks 13

Good Monday morning all.

Looks like the fleet is mostly at sea today. Our friends onboard Koningsdam should enjoy Hilo.

We are dog and house sitting for friends in nearby Gulfport. They have a Shar Pei.

Yesterday was a concert many of you would enjoy as well as your parents or grandparents: Glen Miller Orchestra at the Mahaffey. 

My parents, who grew up in the 30's and married in 1941, especially loved those wonderful tunes.

Moonlight Serenade, Tuxedo Junction, Chattanooga Choochoo, Pennsylvania 6 5000 and finished with In The Mood. They do all the moves, too. Great commentary as well. 

20230120_183223.jpg

20230122_150634.jpg

20230122_153442.jpg

20230122_170408.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning! Slept later than usual. Yesterday was a football marathon for lack of anything else going on. Head cold seems better but still lingering.

It’s Monday and I’m looking at a full hamper of laundry to wash. It’s 43 degrees this morning and will get up to 57. That’s why the laundry bin is full as we are wearing bulkier clothes this time of year.

My handwriting is atrocious and it’s rare that I even write anymore accept an occasional signature.

Thanks for the Fleet Report, Care list and our food and beverage departments. 
Have a great week everyone.

image.jpeg.5f205ef72920d063df3c21114809291d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.aeceb789b964a0e3a23f4c3a5db490c6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6c47a22e9362a12fe2ca7dba22ebfd02.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, 4966and556 said:

I think most adults know the size of their feet.

My feet seem to have gotten larger since the shutdown in 2020 -- that is, they probably got flatter -- and I'm having to buy a larger size. Unfortunately, my true size is one that no manufacturer makes.

Pie is probably not on the horizon. Neither is London broil although I wouldn't mind if it were. I haven't been to French Polynesia.

We have about two inches of snow on the ground, with the chance of a little more. The Junior Cat is on alert for polar bears, which could hide in the snow.

haicuckoo.thumb.jpg.6905cb5d4b2a39581e9831a73739ad86.jpg

• Like 23
  • Haha 2

Good morning  to all. Today I turn 69 and I am celebrating  by not cooking or doing anything  else of importance.

My handwriting  was always rather bad but now does not even resemble old signatures. I will blame it on arthritic  hands.I used to be able to decipher the horrible  handwriting  of others at work- a good skill lost to the technology  of the  electronic  medical records!

I like most pies but not being a baker we tend not to have them here.I have not been to the port but love the pictures  so far.

Thinking of @Cruising-along and Patricia at this sad time.

Take care everyone. 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning  to all. Today I turn 69 and I am celebrating  by not cooking or doing anything  else of importance.

My handwriting  was always rather bad but now does not even resemble old signatures. I will blame it on arthritic  hands.I used to be able to decipher the horrible  handwriting  of others at work- a good skill lost to the technology  of the  electronic  medical records!

I like most pies but not being a baker we tend not to have them here.I have not been to the port but love the pictures  so far.

Take care everyone. 

Happy birthday Terry.

giphy.gif

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone and Happy Monday. The low was 28F yesterday and today it was 30F. Sleet is expected for the next hour but it just looks dark and cloudy. 

I am going to watch Gone with the Wind on the big screen today. Not sure if I want to sit in a cold movie theater for 4 hours but I’ve been eagerly waiting to see it when I saw the preview back in December. 

Sandi @StLouisCruisers, I woke up thinking about Patricia and the very hard decision that the family had to make. Prayers for her soul and you and your family. 

@St Pete Cruiser, I lived in a small town in Colorado about 10 miles from where Glenn Miller was born and raised. I would have loved that concert. Thank you for the pictures. 

Have a great day everyone!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
Spelling
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning from an overcast day at the beach

My handwriting is terrible, even though I was thought the “Palmer Method”. Remember that? I am basically a leftie but the nuns made me write with my right.  
    We were in Raitea on my last cruise. My pictures are basically the same as Sandi’s  @StLouisCruisers
   a very Happy Birthday to @smitty34877. Hope you have a wonderful day. 
My thoughts are with Patricia’s family as they face a heartbreaking decision today. @Cruising-alongyou have our deepest sympathies. 
    I am off to do volunteer duty this afternoon. Stuffing envelopes for the library’s annual membership drive. 
    We took the boat trip along the Farsi river. Stopped at a riverside stand for refreshments. My DS standing beside the  boat. 
  Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene 

DA8CDF2A-027F-4392-98A1-54F35B138684.jpeg

73D7884F-DD66-4F37-A7FA-FC717334DE56.jpeg

39CC2034-B277-4F91-8AB8-386E456FF955.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

My PCC called me this morning to follow up on the hold I put on a Volendam cruise for 2024.  We are all set with deposit given.  I did have to prove that I had until end of February for the welcome home obc, else we wouldn’t have received the extra spending money.  Fortunately I keep those emails until they expire.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Take care everyone. 

Terry, happy birthday wishes to you!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL1UWElDQYnhBfHWYu-SVLOrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1666872310

57 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Monday. The low was 28F yesterday and today it was 30F. Sleet is expected for the next hour but it just looks dark and cloudy. 

I am going to watch Gone with the Wind on the big screen today. Not sure if I want to sit in a cold movie theater for 4 hours but I’ve been eagerly waiting to see it when I saw the preview back in December. 

Sandi @StLouisCruisers, I woke up thinking about Patricia and the very hard decision that the family had to make. Prayers for her soul and you and your family. 

@St Pete Cruiser, I lived in a small town in Colorado about 10 miles from where Glenn Miller was born and raised. I would have loved that concert. Thank you for the pictures. 

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon, Patricia is Carolyn's @Cruising-along's family member, not mine.  But I join you in prayers for that dear young woman and her loved ones.

I haven't seen Gone With the Wind in ages, so it sounds like a fun afternoon.

13 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

@smitty34877 Happy Birthday! 

Also Happy Birthday to my Dear Wife Susan!💐🍾❤️

Happy Birthday Susan!!  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLcaII2t-CnJ2xiYISM_P6v4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1666870892

34 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from an overcast day at the beach

My handwriting is terrible, even though I was thought the “Palmer Method”. Remember that? I am basically a leftie but the nuns made me write with my right.  
    We were in Raitea on my last cruise. My pictures are basically the same as Sandi’s  @StLouisCruisers
   a very Happy Birthday to @smitty34877. Hope you have a wonderful day. 
My thoughts are with Patricia’s family as they face a heartbreaking decision today. @Cruising-alongyou have our deepest sympathies. 
    I am off to do volunteer duty this afternoon. Stuffing envelopes for the library’s annual membership drive. 
    We took the boat trip along the Farsi river. Stopped at a riverside stand for refreshments. My DS standing beside the  boat. 
  Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene 

DA8CDF2A-027F-4392-98A1-54F35B138684.jpeg

73D7884F-DD66-4F37-A7FA-FC717334DE56.jpeg

39CC2034-B277-4F91-8AB8-386E456FF955.jpeg

Charlene, thanks for your photos taken on the boat ride.  Very cool that your DS could go along on that cruise.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

It's snowing.... again. Hope it is going to be light or maybe just snow showers. I need to go out to the shelter to sign checks later this afternoon and I don't like snow driving. Pictures of the South Pacific look very appealing.

My niece and her family checked in shortly after I posted yesterday. Safe, but nervous and the kids are understandably a bit fearful.

My handwriting was never good and now it is awful. It runs in the family. I was the only one in the family that could read by Dad's writing. I work hard on getting my signature more or less the same each time. I do have some letters written by my Great Great Grandmother in the 1850's and she had a lovely handwriting. Her daughter on the other hand could neither read nor write or so I am told.

Need to work on some insurance issues this morning and walk the dogs before the snows discourage them from doggie activities.

Thinking of Patricia and her family and sending best wishes to Jacqui, Kathy, Tana and Sarah. Keep thinking positive.

Susan

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, and a continuation of Happy New Year of the 🐇.  We are going for coffee this morning with a neighbour who was also born in Shanghai, to a coffee shop with owners originally from Shanghai.  Pat will be the only outsider.  I think the lion dancing starts today in Chinatown.  Very exciting.  

Happy birthday to @smitty34877, also to the Chief’s DW (and her twin?).  Prayers today for Patricia, Tana, Sarah, and my cousin’s daughter, Jenny, whose RA has taken a turn for the worse and she seems to be developing something like Meniere’s disease, and is going deaf.  She is a piano teacher, so things are getting really difficult for her.

I have an appointment tomorrow morning to have some keratoses zapped.  They are really itchy, so I’m looking forward to it.  When they called to confirm I mentioned I had a cold, and she said I’m to test before going in, so I will do that.  I’ve been negative twice, so I’m pretty sure I’m okay.  But this “cold” has been much worse that my bout of Covid was.  

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Before I comment on the earlier posts, I thought I'd repost the pictures of Raiatea from May 29, 2022.

Looking back through my pictures, I found a few from our last cruise that stopped at Raiatea.  The island is not often included in cruises to French Polynesia from US ports.  We have been there when we have taken cruises from Papeete. 

In 2004, we did b2b cruises on Tahitian Princess.  The first included the Cook Islands and the second stopped at a couple of islands east of Tahiti.  Both cruises called at Raiatea.  

On November 29, 2004, the weather in Raiatea was not the best.  We rented a car and drove around the island.  These are a few pictures from our drive.

IMG_3943.thumb.JPG.729094a3d2ed7c43a729e3bd99dc386a.JPG

We stopped at a hotel that had over the water cabins.  Someday, I would like to spend a few days at one.  It would be nice to just walk out of your room and jump in the water to snorkel.

IMG_3944.thumb.JPG.1f433ecc0c8d0b7b334adac40a4bdbf1.JPG

IMG_3946.thumb.JPG.53da0cfd255466d07c3935e60e236a0d.JPG

IMG_3948.thumb.JPG.8d12618f9e034f6cc68eb903b50baaae.JPG

On December 11, 2004, IIRC, we did a snorkeling tour.  These pictures were taken from the boat.

IMG_4048.thumb.JPG.1698770977e37034f393ec8af0168c30.JPG

IMG_4049.thumb.JPG.ad018680fa5b8416438c190d78e17cd6.JPG

IMG_4051.thumb.JPG.8aac00fcefdc4a52fffc3851fd750469.JPG

IMG_4052.thumb.JPG.5da1ec8b88528611b9543027c1ed5706.JPG

Walking around town, we saw quite a few shops decorated for Christmas.  They mainly had aluminum trees, and frankly, they did look a little out of place in that tropical setting.

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2