Checking in on the app?

My check in is coming up in a a week.  Does anyone know approximately what time check in opens up on the app?  Last cruise the early times got booked up super early and we have a brunch reservation at the Mason jar at noon.  

19 minutes ago, 3eaglesfam said:

My check in is coming up in a a week.  Does anyone know approximately what time check in opens up on the app?  Last cruise the early times got booked up super early and we have a brunch reservation at the Mason jar at noon.  

I believe it's midnight in the time zone the sailing departs from.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 8:57 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

Check in  opened up this morning  for one of my cruises.  I went online at 7 AM and the earliest check-in was 11:30 AM. Now, (at about 10 AM) the earliest is noon.  
m

Wow! We are new to the online check-in process. I was just planning to check in early in the A.M., (6:00 or 7:00) but it sounds like we might want to do it earlier if we want to actually be on the ship before noon. 

On 1/26/2023 at 9:35 AM, 3eaglesfam said:

Set your alarm for 1159 pm.  Choose the time.  Go back in later to do the passport stuff.  

8 hours ago, slyster said:

what information is required to do a quick check in?

None at all just to pick your times. The important thing is that you have to choose the time for each person on the booking, as the app does not default the other passengers to the same time as the first one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FionaMG said:

None at all just to pick your times. The important thing is that you have to choose the time for each person on the booking, as the app does not default the other passengers to the same time as the first one.

I thought that two people in cabin simply shared a check in time. I understand that you need to go in and repeat the process for other bookings/cabins linked to your booking, but not for someone in your cabin.

48 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I thought that two people in cabin simply shared a check in time. I understand that you need to go in and repeat the process for other bookings/cabins linked to your booking, but not for someone in your cabin.

No. You need to select the time individually for each person in the cabin.

To be fair, at this time, I don't know how much hassle you might get if you don't, maybe none. But why take the risk of a port employee not letting you board together?

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, mpcaruth said:

Can you check in on the website site rather than the phone app?

You can and, in fact, I do once I've secured the check in times by using the app. I don't like filling in all the details on the tiny phone screen.

However, you can't secure a time on the website without filling in all the details, so if time is important to you it's a good idea just to snag them on the app. Then you can complete the rest at leisure online.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Okay thanks.  For some reason I remember checking in my brother and his spouse too (linked reservation), and fudging the passport info until he could go in and enter the correct info.  Good to know it isn’t necessary to do the initial check in.

Also, thanks for the info about choosing a time for each person.  I didn’t really remember that part. Thanks again!

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 9:35 AM, 3eaglesfam said:

It should be open NOW, so I would get in that app and get it started.

My past 6 cruises in the last year I’ve always shown up around 10-10:15 am and on the ship no later than 11:30 am regardless what check in time was.(my check in time has never been later than noon)

I haven’t had one person check my check in time at Miami, Ft. L, or PC. I accidentally joined the suite check in line at PC about 4 months ago and I didn’t realize I didn’t have a suite until I got to my room. I was confusing the sailing I was on with my next sailing! No one said one word or even checked my paperwork. I feel like it’s pre-COVID boarding. 

11 hours ago, dateacher said:

I am over thinking this but do you count the day you are doing it as day 1? For example, if my cruise leaves on April  2, is my earliest check in after midnight on Feb. 17.

If 17 February is what it says in your app, then yes, it should be open just after midnight when the calendar rolls over from the 16th to the 17th. But "should" is the key word because sometimes there's a delay, in which case all you can do is keep checking back.

Also it's important to remember that "midnight" is relative to the time zone where the ship is sailing. So, for you, in the DC Metro area, if your sailing happened to be from Rome, check should open at 6pm on the 16th because your 6pm would already be midnight in Rome. And conversely, if you were sailing from LA, it wouldn't open until 3am your time.