The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday January 29th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Debbie, ask me on the Zaandam this summer and I'll give you the whole story.  I don't want to divulge some very bad behavior by the occupants on this platform.  One is in prison right now!

But we'd love to hear about the break in on Annie's street.  Hopefully it's not another neighbor who did the break in.

I'll probably forget by then, but ok.

39 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Sorry, Donna came over.  So the cops went in the house, guns drawn, they investigated the house, found nothing, tried to call Huong, it went to voice mail.  DH went over after the cops left, and said it looked like who ever broke in was looking for something in particular, the camera bag was open, but the camera was still there, the tv was still there, but there were piles of clothes every where, the steps up to the attic were pulled down.  And when the cops left, they left the door open.  Now we hope that Mr. Bubbles or Uggles have not wandered in.  Tomorrow DH and I will buy a hasp and lock.  Put it on the door.  Tonight all we can do is put a piece of tape on the door, so if they come back and open the door, we will know.  

We also will go over and turn on the carport light, and turn it off, when we go to bed.

We are neighbors, we share a drive way, but we cant see the house from our house, unless we are outside, or on the porch.  It's cold, it's raining now, and we hope that they dont come back.

What a shame.  Your neighbors are lucky to have you looking out for them.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Fly EAGLES 🦅 Fly.  31-7. On to the Superbowl 

Well boo!  I was for the 49ers of course. 😪     Congratulations to the Eagles though.  I didn't watch but it sounds like the Eagles sure walked all over the niners.  

~Nancy

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@StLouisCruisers  thank you for posting the Holland America Line fleet locations, the "Daily" and the Care and Celebration Lists,   also thanks for mentioning another New Zealand wine.  Have not been to Newport, so appreciate seeing the photos.

@kazu  sorry that the pain persists, hope you can obtain more analgesia.

@ger_77  a belated welcome back to the daily after your cruise.

@rafinmd  Roy, pleased that you managed a walk, take care,  hope you will soon be fully recovered and able to return home. 

@marshhawk  you are good neighbours, hope the intruders do not return.

It's a sunny Monday, temperature 26 C. Needed a sunhat and water bottle when walking this morning.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites. 

Thank you Sandi for stepping in for Roy who stepped in for Rich.

Roy you behave yourself and stay in hospital until everything is under control.

Prayers lifted to all on our prayer lists. 

Today we have brunch with friends. Afterwards we are having a little party with neighbors. Food, drink, and trivia gifts. I think I mentioned wherever we are on a cruise I send a trivia question to my girlfriends daily and whoever texts the answer 1st gets a point. I have competitive friends! And it gets funny and silly..

Please think of me tomorrow. I have oral surgery. 

Sending you our prayers 🙏 Joy for successful oral surgery tomorrow.

G&P.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@superoma and @StLouisCruisers, thanks for catching the error. Yes, it is my DSIL.

We visited her twice last week when downstate for my DH's first cousin's funeral. We found that DSIL's month bed-bound has taken a toll greater than the medical conditions she's fighting. Blessedly, her sons have declared a truce and visit daily but separately. We continue to pray for DSIL's transition.

I've not posted much lately. I've been very busy securing our financial affairs. In mid-January, an online non-USA bank sent me a WELCOME to your new account letter. It was not mine!

The bank's fraud department identified that a fraudster had attempted to open an online account attaching two traditional bank accounts (not ours) to fund the online account and attached one cash app account presumably to use the app to drain the account of fraudulent funds. Why and how my name was used is anyone's guess, but the fraudster used an invalid email address causing the bank's WELCOME to be postal mailed to me when the bank's email welcome bounced back. 

That error by the fraudster, caused me to learn my name was being used and get the account shut down quickly. Had the email gone through to the fraudster, I might never have known until more damage was done.

But, that started what has been my almost continual work locking up our credit reports, putting fraud alerts on all our financial accounts, securing all direct deposits and payments from allowing any banking changes, etc, etc, etc. So far, nothing seems amiss but…

I don't wish what I've been through on anyone. But, if you find yourself the subject to any sort of identity theft, I recommend using the Federal Trade Commission's identity theft website. After describing the type of identity theft you have suffered, its website generates a checklist of everything you should do. One bank recommended the FTC site to me and the FTC guidance has been very helpful.

I considered telling this tale of woe late yesterday on Data Privacy Day but I just didn't have the energy. Between the identity theft work, staying in touch with DSIL's continuing vigil, my DH's cousin's funeral and the travel involved, and my DH's ever increasing mobility and memory challenges, I've had little time for anything else. I even missed celebrating my 70th birthday! 

I'll admit my emotional tank is drained – thankfully our finances weren't!

Thanks again @superomaand @StLouisCruisers for catching the DSIL error. I do think it best to move DSIL to the Rotation List as the length of her end days is very much unknown.

I've tried to read The Daily each night and I've offered my prayers for those in need and congratulations to those celebrating. I just haven't posted.

-Melisa

• Like 8
  • Thanks 14

7 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

@superoma and @StLouisCruisers, thanks for catching the error. Yes, it is my DSIL.

We visited her twice last week when downstate for my DH's first cousin's funeral. We found that DSIL's month bed-bound has taken a toll greater than the medical conditions she's fighting. Blessedly, her sons have declared a truce and visit daily but separately. We continue to pray for DSIL's transition.

I've not posted much lately. I've been very busy securing our financial affairs. In mid-January, an online non-USA bank sent me a WELCOME to your new account letter. It was not mine!

The bank's fraud department identified that a fraudster had attempted to open an online account attaching two traditional bank accounts (not ours) to fund the online account and attached one cash app account presumably to use the app to drain the account of fraudulent funds. Why and how my name was used is anyone's guess, but the fraudster used an invalid email address causing the bank's WELCOME to be postal mailed to me when the bank's email welcome bounced back. 

That error by the fraudster, caused me to learn my name was being used and get the account shut down quickly. Had the email gone through to the fraudster, I might never have known until more damage was done.

But, that started what has been my almost continual work locking up our credit reports, putting fraud alerts on all our financial accounts, securing all direct deposits and payments from allowing any banking changes, etc, etc, etc. So far, nothing seems amiss but…

I don't wish what I've been through on anyone. But, if you find yourself the subject to any sort of identity theft, I recommend using the Federal Trade Commission's identity theft website. After describing the type of identity theft you have suffered, its website generates a checklist of everything you should do. One bank recommended the FTC site to me and the FTC guidance has been very helpful.

I considered telling this tale of woe late yesterday on Data Privacy Day but I just didn't have the energy. Between the identity theft work, staying in touch with DSIL's continuing vigil, my DH's cousin's funeral and the travel involved, and my DH's ever increasing mobility and memory challenges, I've had little time for anything else. I even missed celebrating my 70th birthday! 

Thanks again @superomaand @StLouisCruisers for catching the DSIL error. I do think it best to move DSIL to the Rotation List as the length of her end days is very much unknown.

I've tried to read The Daily each night and I've offered my prayers for those in need and congratulations to those celebrating. I just haven't posted.

-Melisa

Melisa, happy belated birthday. Perhaps not easy to celebrate given all that you are facing, but I hope you find some time to celebrate the start of your new year & decade. May they be filled with love, laughter and great health.

ABBA0C16-4973-45C8-B2FB-6DD2DC3AA885.jpeg.9deef96c64bc0f9ecac83c13146913dc.jpeg

Ann

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good Sunday morning to all,

First of all, a big THANK YOU to @StLouisCruisers Sandi for stepping up and taking care of the Daily and the cares and celebration lists,.  Appreciate your efforts.

Also to @JazzyVfor her additions. Hope your eye gets better.

So where to begin:  

@rafinmdI am so sorry to hear that your O2 levels are dropping.  Have they given you Oxygen?  I suspect that part of that is the fact that you are hurting and your breathing is shallow. Coupled with the pneumonia it is not surprising.

@kazu, Sorry you are still hurting.  This is not good.  i strongly encourage you to take some action against HAL. Have you heard of Christopher Elliott.  This would be right up his alley.  Elliott.com

@grapau27 thanks for Fr. David’s sermon.  Always uplifting.  Hope Sarah is doing better.

i am again suffering from my Polymyalgia Rheumatica.  It is keeping me up at night.  Lots of pain in my shoulders and hips.  i can’t start the Prednisone until I have enough for the course.  Sent a message to my Doc at the Mayo Clinic for a renewal.  Will probably need a blood test.   We leave for our cruise on Sun. Feb. 5 so not much time.  Want to feel better before then.  

I hope everyone has a good day.

Take care and 

God Bless,

Terri

Thank you Terri.

Sarah is happy with her progress 

I'm so sorry to hear you have Polymyalgia Rheumatica and it is giving you lots of pain in your shoulders and hips.

Best wishes from Pauline and I.

Graham.

• Like 7

@HAL Sailer Belated Happy Birthday! I had to use the FTC identity theft website when I noted "collections" on my credit report. Someone had opened utility services in MD (where I never lived) in their name but using my information. I followed all their recommendations. A big pain! Continued prayers for DSIL and I'm glad the sons have made a truce, for her sake.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Good evening!  We were in Newport on our wonderful Canada/New England cruise from New York to Quebec City in August 2009 on the Eurodam.  DM was along for that cruise and we three had a great time.  The day we were in Newport DM & I took a tour to the mansions and Craig went on a walking tour.  He had the camera and since this was pre iphones I have no pictures of the mansions.

IMG_0669.thumb.JPG.c7fcff94a973b5bdb2c312f26029c7af.JPG

IMG_0686.thumb.JPG.632e1423cbf5f30d2ebaad0929b6df09.JPG

IMG_0698.thumb.JPG.446fa97d3a0769e750d526227a375128.JPG

IMG_0701.thumb.JPG.302986fc422fa7801595f68f3b51ea73.JPG

IMG_0706.thumb.JPG.d60fb37600c3b80ce7784fac53a29826.JPG

The church where JFK and Jackie were married in 1953.  On our mansions tour we saw the sprawling estate where she lived when she was younger (from a distance, not inside).

IMG_0710.thumb.JPG.08bfb6d1aa94bf215c9c6ef0e8ad9989.JPG

Craig's tour didn't go inside the church but he did get this outside view.  The day had turned cloudy.

IMG_0707.thumb.JPG.b6362388254274bdd410e136d2ceb60b.JPG

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good evening!  We were in Newport on our wonderful Canada/New England cruise from New York to Quebec City in August 2009 on the Eurodam.  DM was along for that cruise and we three had a great time.  The day we were in Newport DM & I took a tour to the mansions and Craig went on a walking tour.  He had the camera and since this was pre iphones I have no pictures of the mansions.

IMG_0669.thumb.JPG.c7fcff94a973b5bdb2c312f26029c7af.JPG

IMG_0686.thumb.JPG.632e1423cbf5f30d2ebaad0929b6df09.JPG

IMG_0698.thumb.JPG.446fa97d3a0769e750d526227a375128.JPG

IMG_0701.thumb.JPG.302986fc422fa7801595f68f3b51ea73.JPG

IMG_0706.thumb.JPG.d60fb37600c3b80ce7784fac53a29826.JPG

The church where JFK and Jackie were married in 1953.  On our mansions tour we saw the sprawling estate where she lived when she was younger (from a distance, not inside).

IMG_0710.thumb.JPG.08bfb6d1aa94bf215c9c6ef0e8ad9989.JPG

Craig's tour didn't go inside the church but he did get this outside view.  The day had turned cloudy.

IMG_0707.thumb.JPG.b6362388254274bdd410e136d2ceb60b.JPG

Nice photos Sharon.

Graham.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Sorry, Donna came over.  So the cops went in the house, guns drawn, they investigated the house, found nothing, tried to call Huong, it went to voice mail.  DH went over after the cops left, and said it looked like who ever broke in was looking for something in particular, the camera bag was open, but the camera was still there, the tv was still there, but there were piles of clothes every where, the steps up to the attic were pulled down.  And when the cops left, they left the door open.  Now we hope that Mr. Bubbles or Uggles have not wandered in.  Tomorrow DH and I will buy a hasp and lock.  Put it on the door.  Tonight all we can do is put a piece of tape on the door, so if they come back and open the door, we will know.  

We also will go over and turn on the carport light, and turn it off, when we go to bed.

We are neighbors, we share a drive way, but we cant see the house from our house, unless we are outside, or on the porch.  It's cold, it's raining now, and we hope that they dont come back.

Annie, thanks for the update.  I hope niether cat got in the house, but you can check the house before you put the hasp and lock on the door.  Your neighbors are in for a big surprise when they get home.

3 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

So you’re saying “google it”.  😇 🙃

I googled it, and found an article in the Atlanta paper.

2 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

I am with you.  An exciting 2 weeks in Philly coming up!

I'm glad the Eagles won.  I'm hoping the Bengals win tonight.

27 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

-Melisa

First, a belated HAPPY 70TH BIRTHDAY.  I'm sorry a month in bed has had such adverse effect on your DSIL.  It was good you could visit her twice even though it was in conjunction with a funeral.  It is good her sons have declared a truce and visit daily even if separately.  I'm sorry you had to go through the hassle with your banking issues, and thanks for the heads up on how to solve bank fraud 

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

@HAL SailerI am sorry that you are going through all of the credit problems,  my neighbor Donna is going through the same thing, accounts opening under her name, and again, if it hadn't been an email she received, she never would have known.  She doesn't have a credit card, she pays everything in person in cash,  even her utilities, she takes off from work to pay in person.  I will forward your information over to her.

05a96116d643fa68e29ec9bdf2eda825.jpg

I hope that you can take some time now to celebrate your birthday without too much stress.

Right after my Dad passed away, I found out that my second husband and his new girl friend had used checks from a closed account that he and I had had in the past.  It took me 4 months to clean up that disaster.  My first husband had his new wife forge my signature to purchase a lake house in north Georgia.  So when I tried to buy a house, it appeared I already owned two.  Love is blind in my case, but now I dont trust many people.  Learned the hard way to take care of my finances first.

Strange thing though, a couple years back when the second husband was seriously hurt, and they asked who should they call, he told the nurse to call me.  

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

57 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

-Melisa

(((BIG HUGS))) to you.  I am so very sorry to hear of all you are going through.  Thank goodness you were able to contain the identity theft before it caused further damage.  Thanks to you and @JazzyV for passing on the FTC advice.  Very good information to have.

Happy 70th Birthday!  Luckily you have a full year to celebrate so hopefully when things calm down you can take some time to enjoy it.  In the meantime…. Cake!!!

CB504E15-A9A9-4512-85F4-D7EBA7159D62.jpeg.6cf35d4a0ae4da1907f2142ff91e8443.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I called BFF tonight to make sure that he paid that May HAL cruise this week.  He informed me that he was reading that I guess, is the equivelant of a  sail and sign card information, and that for the 14 day cruise we each need to present on boarding 840.00.  Why so high?  Does this have something to do with gratuities?  Do they really think that I would spend that much  money when I'm cruising?  I told him to prepay the gratuities, but he is not sure that the 840 included gratuities.  We don't drink, I don't gamble, not too much into shopping, so what would I be spending that kind of money on?  I am covering Tamarind I told him to book the first night, and covering lunch at the Pinnacle Grill on a sea day, and the Italian dinner...what else?  

Also for you who cruise HAL, looking at the menu for the Italian restaurant, I am assuming you are charged for the dining experience, not the plates you order, so they say on the menu, large plates, to share.  
Does this mean we all agree on one dish, and all three of us share it?  Or that we are supposed to share, because we are best buddies?  Not sure.  What if I dont want to share, or the two guys dont like what I decide to order....I know these may be dumb questions, but I have my moments.... 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I called BFF tonight to make sure that he paid that May HAL cruise this week.  He informed me that he was reading that I guess, is the equivelant of a  sail and sign card information, and that for the 14 day cruise we each need to present on boarding 840.00.  Why so high?  Does this have something to do with gratuities?  Do they really think that I would spend that much  money when I'm cruising?  I told him to prepay the gratuities, but he is not sure that the 840 included gratuities.  We don't drink, I don't gamble, not too much into shopping, so what would I be spending that kind of money on?  I am covering Tamarind I told him to book the first night, and covering lunch at the Pinnacle Grill on a sea day, and the Italian dinner...what else?  

HAL charges $60 per person per day upon boarding/check-in.  It’s a pending charge against your credit card but it drops off after a few days because they’re not going to charge your credit card until the end of the cruise.  They just want to make sure you’re good for any possible onboard charges.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Italian restaurant, I am assuming you are charged for the dining experience, not the plates you order,

Everyone in your party pays the one charge (or if included in HIA) and you can share or not share as you wish!  Some of the large plates are pretty big portions so come hungry!

HAL does put a hold on your credit card with an amount for each day of your cruise.  I don't remember exactly but it's around $60/cruise day.  (Someone please correct me if it's a different amount).  

Oops, @*Miss G* was posting when I was typing!

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1