2nd Lobster 16.95 in dining room.

Just of the serenade  new menu. Waiter said meals were being counted and no way for him to get any extra. Wanted the steak also, but was told have to consume one meal at a time, then could bring out another one. But not the lobster, unless we paid. I actually felt bad for him, said the week before he could bring out as many as people wanted this cruise, they were monitoring it very carefully.

IMG_2232.jpeg

• Like 2

Yes, those are the new rules. 

We did a Back to Back cruise last month with the old menu for the first cruise and the new menu for the second cruise.  It was weird to  have some of the drastic changes overnight.   Lobster night on the first  cruise, the waiter brought is two each  without us even asking.  SAME waiter for the second crise and we understood that he could only bring one.  Honestly we didn't see any difference  in size/taste  in the lobster on the cruise with unlimited lobster tails and the second week with just allowing one. 

M

• Like 1

The recent one all included lobster isn't a big deal to us because we only one get one lobster each (even they they offered a second) as we ordered a steak when ordering our lobster. Surf n Turf. Can we still order the steak to share when we order the lobster and have it served at the same time or do we have to finish the lobster before ordering the steak?  Might not be a fleetwide question. 

Edited by davekathy

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

The recent one all included lobster isn't a big deal to us because we only one get one lobster each (even they they offered a second) as we ordered a steak when ordering our lobster. Surf n Turf. Can we still order the steak to share when we order the lobster and have it served at the same time or do we have to finish the lobster before ordering the steak?  Might not be a fleetwide question. 

This is what we've always done too. I hope we can still do this.

This cant be a huge surprise that it was coming. I see my jan 30 radiance was the first radiance with the new menu changes. Been plenty of threads lobsters will be limited.  

2 sounds good but I'll take whatever they have. Order 2 shrimp appetizers? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, davekathy said:

On the serenade, you had to eat either your steak or lobster first, then the other would be brought out.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, islandwannabee said:

On the serenade, you had to eat either your steak or lobster first, then the other would be brought out.

If there were two people, one could order steak first.  The second orders lobster first and each share and then do again vice versa.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Do  you have to finish your main course to get a dessert?

If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, islandwannabee said:

I am not complaining I don't eat seafood so it doesn't bother me at all. Just stating the news on board the serenade.

I don't think he was referring to you, Different beeeeeeeeeeee.

• Like 2

Bummer.  I usually order two lobster tails, but -- with the new cost-for-second-lobster-tail rule -- I was planning to order the steak meal with a lobster tail on the side.  Honestly, I don't see this rule lasting; people will order the two meals, and they'll hold the table longer.  

No, cutting tips isn't the answer, as that hurts the little guy, the waiter.  The message needs to go to the bean counters.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, islandwannabee said:

I don't eat lobster, so asked if I could get mine and give to husband. First I had to eat my regular chicken meal, then they brought out the lobster, even sat it in front of me, knowing it was for my husband. He said he was being watched.

That last part bothers me. As if these servers don’t have enough to stress them out, now they’re being watched 🙄

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Hope everybody is cutting the tips - if they are playing these childish games with their customers!

Who are they to decide what you want to eat and in what order!

Hope many people show them who is the boss!

Cutting tips doesn't hurt anyone but the servers.  It's not the servers playing games, in fact as someone pointed out, they feel bad.  So let's make them feel worse by taking their tips away. That'll show 'em!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, moposh said:

Yes, and ALL the veggies.

On wonder in January that would not have been a problem...the tiny little lobster came with exactly one piece of broccoli, and one chunk of carrot.😱 We ate the lobster (took ~3 bites) and then went up to the WJ to have dinner😉

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Hope everybody is cutting the tips - if they are playing these childish games with their customers!

Who are they to decide what you want to eat and in what order!

Hope many people show them who is the boss!

Absolutely no way am I cutting my tips to these poor servers who are taking the brunt of complaints!!   It was not their decision nor their fault!!

If you want to complain e-mail corporate!!!!!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Honestly we didn't see any difference  in size/taste  in the lobster on the cruise with unlimited lobster tails and the second week with just allowing one. 

M

That was the same experience we had with the lobster. They seemed like the same as the ones as before.

43 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Not necessary to take it out on the waiters.  They're only doing what they're told (and possibly threatened over if they don't comply).

What people need to do is complain often and vocally to the maitre d' and at guest services about being treated like 5 year olds and rate the MDR accordingly on the post-cruise survey.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

If they hurt enough - there will be a change!

What part of it don't you understand that the people serving you are not the ones making these decisions?  If you actually want things to change, rate the MDR accordingly on the post-cruise survey.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Where is @bee when there is a food complaining thread. Beeee

2 hours ago, islandwannabee said:

I am not complaining I don't eat seafood so it doesn't bother me at all. Just stating the news on board the serenade.

She was definitely talking about someone else. The only thing they do in their alter ego is complain about food.

46 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

That last part bothers me. As if these servers don’t have enough to stress them out, now they’re being watched 🙄

So true. Plus they now have to pay attention to when you finish your first appetizer or entree so they know when to bring the next. More running around and wasted time.

• Like 2